HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 09:31 AM
  #726
BackGroundMusic
rebuildingeverywhere
 
BackGroundMusic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Rolston didn't give any details post-game, just noted that Girgensons would ride the bus home with them; so no, not yet.
Got home at 11:30 last night and stayed on the computer for 2 hours hoping to see some news. I seriously thought his neck was broken, the way he was lying there not moving.

BackGroundMusic is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
  #727
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
I was at the game Friday night. The brawl between the Bulldogs and Amerks was great.

I'm a huge football guy, but this year I started attending more and more Amerks games and I'm really trying to understand the strategy within, and I'm having fun with it. Odd that I'd do that during a lockout year...

Anyways, I hope Girg is okay. I haven't heard anything...

As I said earlier, I don't know much about the details of hockey, but our defensemen are so hot and cold. Brennan looks like he could be a heck of a player, but there are some nights where he is just completely off. The same can be said for McNabb. Although McNabb has played well the last few weeks in my uninformed opinion. Psysk is hyped a lot, from things I read and hear, but I haven't seen him stand out in any way thus far.

RattleYourSabre is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
  #728
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

We got waivers! Ha. Here you go: BUF: J Finley, D Leggio, D Schliestel(sic).

Jacob582 is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:47 PM
  #729
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
I was at the game Friday night. The brawl between the Bulldogs and Amerks was great.

I'm a huge football guy, but this year I started attending more and more Amerks games and I'm really trying to understand the strategy within, and I'm having fun with it. Odd that I'd do that during a lockout year...

Anyways, I hope Girg is okay. I haven't heard anything...

As I said earlier, I don't know much about the details of hockey, but our defensemen are so hot and cold. Brennan looks like he could be a heck of a player, but there are some nights where he is just completely off. The same can be said for McNabb. Although McNabb has played well the last few weeks in my uninformed opinion. Psysk is hyped a lot, from things I read and hear, but I haven't seen him stand out in any way thus far.
Welcome aboard.

Jacob582 is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
  #730
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

We got waivers! Ha. Here you go: BUF: J Finley, D Leggio, D Schliestel(sic).
Interesting. Did these guys have to be waived to be put back on Rochester like Brennan would have? Or did we just waive them? Odd to waive Leggio, he just started eight consecutive games...

RattleYourSabre is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:00 PM
  #731
Disengage
Registered User
 
Disengage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ontario, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Interesting. Did these guys have to be waived to be put back on Rochester like Brennan would have? Or did we just waive them? Odd to waive Leggio, he just started eight consecutive games...
Had to be put through waivers.

Disengage is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:06 PM
  #732
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post
Had to be put through waivers.
Thanks. That makes much more sense.

Wonder if someone takes a flyer on Leggio. He's got a .913 save percentage. That's a little low, but Rochester's defense has been spotty.

RattleYourSabre is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:12 PM
  #733
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Thanks. That makes much more sense.

Wonder if someone takes a flyer on Leggio. He's got a .913 save percentage. That's a little low, but Rochester's defense has been spotty.
There's absolutely zero chance anyone claims Leggio. He's never played an NHL game in his life and is an average AHL goalie to begin with.

sabrefan27 is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:15 PM
  #734
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
There's absolutely zero chance anyone claims Leggio. He's never played an NHL game in his life and is an average AHL goalie to begin with.
Thanks for the info.

By your response, I'm guessing that any team putting a claim on him has to have him on NHL roster?

If that's the case, that makes a ton of sense.

RattleYourSabre is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
  #735
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Thanks for the info.

By your response, I'm guessing that any team putting a claim on him has to have him on NHL roster?

If that's the case, that makes a ton of sense.
They don't have to keep him on their NHL roster but he'd be subjected to waivers again if they tried to move him back down again. For the Sabres, they could reclaim him and put him back in Rochester without him needing to go through waivers again.

That's why marginal players are hardly ever picked up as if they don't work out the original team can just get them back.

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:22 PM
  #736
RattleYourSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
They don't have to keep him on their NHL roster but he'd be subjected to waivers again if they tried to move him back down again. For the Sabres, they could reclaim him and put him back in Rochester without him needing to go through waivers again.

That's why marginal players are hardly ever picked up as if they don't work out the original team can just get them back.
Thanks for the insight.

And thanks for everyone with the patience. I'm familiar with the game of hockey and its basics but I still get lost on a lot of stuff. You guys are awesome here.

RattleYourSabre is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #737
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 16,908
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Thanks for the insight.

And thanks for everyone with the patience. I'm familiar with the game of hockey and its basics but I still get lost on a lot of stuff. You guys are awesome here.
Don't worry, the last CBA introduced a lot of stuff that took a lot of people a lot of time to fully grasp / remember. This new CBA will do the same thing, though probably to a lesser extent. For instance, this new CBA has eliminated "re-entry waivers" (which were introduced last CBA), so now there are only waivers when assigning a player to the AHL instead of also upon calling one up.

Rob Paxon is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM
  #738
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RattleYourSabre View Post
Thanks for the insight.

And thanks for everyone with the patience. I'm familiar with the game of hockey and its basics but I still get lost on a lot of stuff. You guys are awesome here.
The waiver stuff can get complicated even for those who have been following for years.

sabrefan27 is online now  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:37 PM
  #739
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,600
vCash: 500
With the signing of Hecht, if Grigs makes the team Ellis may end up in Rochester after camp.

joshjull is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
  #740
TheWook
Registered User
 
TheWook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
With the signing of Hecht, if Grigs makes the team Ellis may end up in Rochester after camp.
That is something I would like to see personally.

TheWook is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
  #741
Old Navy Goat
Registered User
 
Old Navy Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Antonio
Country: United States
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
With the signing of Hecht, if Grigs makes the team Ellis may end up in Rochester after camp.
That's not good...then both Lindy and the Amerks' fans would be upset

Old Navy Goat is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
  #742
AmerksPuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Just to elaborate on the hit... Girgensons had knocked the puck ahead down the boards, looking over one shoulder... he began to curl inside immediately after and as he turns his head around, Panik smokes him, over a second late... not a head shot, clearly shoulder to body, but blows him up into the boards nonetheless with his head bouncing off both wall and ice... stretcher was brought out, but after a couples minutes on ice, he was helped into tunnel with the stretcher left unused.

Brennan also fought Panik immediately, which was refreshing to see from a Buffalo perspective.

As for the game, it's 1-0 Amerks midway through the 2nd... a rebound goal by Schofield... and as I type this, Finley got owned in his fight with Neilson.

EDIT: 2-0 Amerks! Tarnasky with sharp-angle goal.
Not good- looked like a concussion to me. If that is the case, it would be his second of the year. Earlier this season he took a big hit and was out with a mysterious UBI aka concussion. I would expect him to be out a couple weeks minimum.

AmerksPuck is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 07:36 PM
  #743
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,157
vCash: 500
Gonna sit and watch this game. I think it's a rerun but more hockey. The one on TWCS now is the 4-1 game yes?

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:02 AM
  #744
Woodhouse
Global Moderator
 
Woodhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,414
vCash: 666
The latest on Girgensons via Kevin O:
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
#Amerks coach Ron Rolston said LW Zemgus Girgensons will be out for a bit; no precise timeframe. He didn't say concussion but it likely is.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...48379251093505
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
#Amerks coach Ron Rolston said he believes the AHL will review the late hit by Richard Panik on Saturday the injured Zemgus Girgensons.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...48690787205120
Quote:
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
The hit by Richard Panik of #Crunch was late and delivered on an unsuspecting #Amerks Zemgus Girgensons. Given Interference major, ejected.

Link: https://twitter.com/kevinoDandC/stat...49185228533760

Woodhouse is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:14 AM
  #745
LaxSabre
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Tonawanda, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 213
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC - #Amerks headed to #Sabres for tonight's 5:30 practice/scrimmage at FNC:
Porter, Mancari, Tarnasky, Adam, Flynn, McNabb, Pysyk and Biega.

Yes, ThatCrazyRangerFan, the replay you are watching is the 4-1 win over the Crunch. (The other game last Wednesday - Crunch win 5-3 in Rochester wasn't televised) Speaking of the Amerks-Crunch - Fridays game in Rochester will be televised - LIVE - on the main channels of Time Warner Cable Sports in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse.


Last edited by LaxSabre: 01-14-2013 at 10:29 AM.
LaxSabre is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:20 AM
  #746
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 500
I hope Panik isn't suspended. Would love to see Tarnasky or Finley take care of him. Despite Finley's terrible showing against Neilson, he can fight.

sabrefan27 is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:43 AM
  #747
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,157
vCash: 500
Rangers board contemplating trying to get Leggio. he isn't leaving Rochester. Right?

Silence Of The Plams is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
  #748
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Rangers board contemplating trying to get Leggio. he isn't leaving Rochester. Right?
The chances of that are zero.

sabrefan27 is online now  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:06 AM
  #749
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,143
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Finley's gone:

@FriedgeHNIC
Sounds like NYI claim BUF D Joe Finley

sba is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 11:16 AM
  #750
Jacob582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
Finley's gone:

@FriedgeHNIC
Sounds like NYI claim BUF D Joe Finley
Wow.
If there is this much of a demand for D, there is no way that Pardy or Brennan would clear.

Edit: Maybe Pardy, only because of his cap hit.

Jacob582 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.