HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber signed to offer sheet (TSN: 14 yrs, 110m, cap hit $7.8m per yr.)

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500

Paul Holmgren during any given offseason.

07-19-2012, 09:50 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Ring Ring...

Shea Weber: Hello

Holmgren: Hey, I just met you...and this is crazy....

Old
07-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Salty View Post
No offense, but the NHL should step in here and say no to the offer sheet. If this goes through, it will cripple 2 teams and they will lose a market in Nashville. Too much money, too long, too much of a signing bonus and simply the worst thing to come up with when negotiating a new CBA. Like the plays will take a 22 percent rollback in salaries with this proposal.

Thanks for the lockout Philly.
Hey, no problem. Sometimes, Holmgren happens. We learned to accept it, now the rest of the hockey world must do the same.

Old
07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
No offense, but the NHL should step in here and say no to the offer sheet. If this goes through, it will cripple 2 teams and they will lose a market in Nashville. Too much money, too long, too much of a signing bonus and simply the worst thing to come up with when negotiating a new CBA. Like the plays will take a 22 percent rollback in salaries with this proposal.

Shut your bundt cake hole!

Old
07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:

LOL

yes, and the Parise/Suter deals are A-OK

Old
07-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
Chances of that are highly unlikely. And I mean highly unlikely. very rarely in fact almost never has the cap to any sport ever decreased.
If the cap goes down, there will 100% be an amnesty option--there just has to be. Timonen is gone after next year--or back at a greatly reduced number.

I expect Nashville will match this--but the Flyers did all they could, so it is hard to fault Holmgren.

To the poster above--no, I don't trade Schenn + Schenn to get out picks back and get them to swallow the deal. That was the price to get Weber and sign him to a slightly cap-friendlier contract.

Old
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Your welcome.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 07-19-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old
Krishna

Quote:

Doesn't cripple us.

It cripples nashville IF they decide to match it.

Hm, tick tock Poile

And mfw a toronto fan is talking about helping cause a lockout.

You forget the last one?

Old
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Holmgren's offer to Nash.....The entire Phantoms organization.....git er done!

Old
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:

someone sounds butt hurt - not our fault you have a deadbeat GM who would have taken rielly number 1 at this years draft.... pfffttttt

Old
healthyscratch

vCash: 633
If Homer and Poile have a gentlemans agreement on a trade, then why would Homer max out the offer so that Nashville will have trouble matching it? It doesn't add up.

Old
Amateur Hour

Quote:

Run along.

Old
teegale
Hartnell Down!

Not sure if this has been posted yet but TSN is reporting that Weber will make $14mil in each of his first four years. I don't think Nashville is going to be able to match that...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400969

Old
07-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:

Step 1: Say no offense to appease fanbase you've invaded.
Step 2: Finish with something both insultingly sarcastic and obnoxious
Step 3: ???

PROFIT

Old
07-19-2012, 09:55 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Salty;52707935[B
]No offense, but the NHL should step in here and say no to the offer sheet[/B]. If this goes through, it will cripple 2 teams and they will lose a market in Nashville. Too much money, too long, too much of a signing bonus and simply the worst thing to come up with when negotiating a new CBA. Like the plays will take a 22 percent rollback in salaries with this proposal.

How would they do that???

Old
07-19-2012, 09:55 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Not me..I've been without cable for two days ..god knows why....don't care too much b/c haven't been around to really be lazy and watch the idiot box but when the season starts and Weber is possibly on the roster I will Occupy Comcast something bad if my transmission is out...
I was on a JetBlue flight last month and the electrical system that provided in-flight satellite transmission was not functioning properly. We all received a $25 credit "on a future flight" (as was addressed by a staffer pre-boarding). While some passengers seemed distrurbed by the nuisance, through a thorough squinting of the eyes and a relaxed but challenged tone, I mentioned that the entertainment was secondary to other possible flaws when "electrical issues" and planes are mentioned in the same sentence.

Old
07-19-2012, 09:56 AM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

Posts like this annoy me.

The Flyers and Weber/ agent are both operating under good faith within the boundaries of the existing CBA. There's no double-standard here--I'm pretty sure Snider and company are not among those clamoring loudest for a roll-back, nor were they fierce advocates of parity in the first place.

Old
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet but TSN is reporting that Weber will make $14mil in each of his first four years. I don't think Nashville is going to be able to match that...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=400969
68m alone in signing bonus moneyi n the first 6 years

Old
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthyscratch View Post
If Homer and Poile have a gentlemans agreement on a trade, then why would Homer max out the offer so that Nashville will have trouble matching it? It doesn't add up.
There could be behind-the-scenes negotiations. The two have a past and also worked together on some TEAM USA squads. Poile played college hockey in Boston.

Old
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:

We are also responsible for the ozone layer, and kittens dying.

*sigh*

Old
07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
RJ8812*
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Posts like this annoy me.

The Flyers and Weber/ agent are both operating under good faith within the boundaries of the existing CBA. There's no double-standard here--I'm pretty sure Snider and company are not among those clamoring loudest for a roll-back, nor were they fierce advocates of parity in the first place.
but, but, but...since the Flyers have deep pockets, they stil lshouldnt be allowed to use it!

gotta keep a level playing field!

Old
07-19-2012, 09:58 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
68m alone in signing bonus moneyi n the first 6 years
Holmgren had to blow away Clarkie's Gratton bonus..but I'm pretty sure Weber will actually pan out!

Old
07-19-2012, 10:00 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

What stinks though if we get Weber and there is a lockout..the suspense of actually seeing Weber play will prolly kill a lot of Flyers fans....I'll be on a suicide watch if my Flyers fix is deferred until Dec/Jan...ugh!

Old
07-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Krishna

I love it. Everyone is so ********

On an unrelated note, fish, I uploaded the game for you

Closed Thread