HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Central News: Preds match Weber OS (14 Years, $100+ Million)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2012, 12:11 PM
  #101
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 12,577
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You many not like him but the team is better with Oduya. He was decent in the regular season but had a **** playoffs. So did everyone.
only compared to montador/lepisto. Oduya sucks and will be exposed just like he was at the end of the regular season+playoffs.

You forgot that we also added brookbank, had a good draft and could quite possibly get contributions from prospects this season. it wasn't a stellar off season, but we certainly aren't losers of it.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:13 PM
  #102
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
If anyone thinks signing Oduya was a positive for this team, they either didn't watch him in his last 15 games of the regular season and playoffs or have an off center view of what a quality d man is for the amount of money he was signed for. Journeyman who avoids contact and is decent on the PP which was 27th. Stan knocked it out of the park this offseason.
Uhh. he has played on 3 teams. Journeyman?

It was a positive, just like how it was a positive when he came in last year after the TD. What was our record 13-2-4??

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
  #103
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,586
vCash: 10592
It's not even that they like Oduya or even think he helps. Bowman says he is an important acquisition, all they need to here, they are sold. When you have a group of people devoted to following an asshat, well, things tend to get a little fuzzy. I'll leave it at that.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
  #104
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,285
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
What about the players playing better? (Kane, Keith, Leddy, Hammer, Bolland, Bickell, Frolik, etc?) Is that not possible?

In net Crawford could most definitely improve, and Emery is a capable back up as he proved last year.

This team is improved over last years, whether you agree or not.

out:
Brunette
OD
Lepisto

in:
Saad
Brookbank
Oduya

That is improvement right there.
Emery was one of the worst goalies in NHL overall last season ,, He got worse as season went along

Sorry but a backup finishing with .900 sv pct is not a good thing ,, Emery is physically unable to play the G position at a high level at this point

It is waste to have him back

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
  #105
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,058
vCash: 50
Maybe they won't match?

Quote:
"We have stated previously that, should a team enter into an offer sheet with Shea, our intention would be to match and retain Shea," Poile said. "Our ownership has provided us with the necessary resources to build a Stanley Cup-winning team. Due to the complexity of the offer sheet, we will take the appropriate time to review and evaluate it and all of its ramifications in order to make the best decision for the Predators in both the short and long-term."

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:14 PM
  #106
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,544
vCash: 500
This is great news. Either Nashville will fade into obscurity without Weber and Suter or they will be so crippled financially by having to pay Weber $14 million the next four years they won't have the financial ability to make any moves (and they still don't have Suter).

Did I mention this means he definitely won't be a Red Wing ever now? What a terrible offseason it's been for our rivals in Detroit and Nashville. Chicago and St. Louis have gotta be smiling.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:15 PM
  #107
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,285
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Maybe they won't match?
Given the way the Flyers structured it I have trouble seeing Preds matching

They cant afford to pay that much for 1 player (No matter how important a player)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:16 PM
  #108
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,285
vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
This is great news. Either Nashville will fade into obscurity without Weber and Suter or they will be so crippled financially by having to pay Weber $14 million the next four years they won't have the financial ability to make any moves (and they still don't have Suter).

Did I mention this means he definitely won't be a Red Wing ever now? What a terrible offseason it's been for our rivals in Detroit and Nashville. Chicago and St. Louis have gotta be smiling.
Preds wont fade into obscurity ,, They still have good prospect pool and Vezina caliber goalie in Rinne

They may take a step back but they wont fall apart

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:17 PM
  #109
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,586
vCash: 10592
Since learning about the offersheet last night, I've thought he will be a Flyer. We'll see. I just don't think they will match. I do think they will try to work out alternative compensation to the 4 1sts though.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
  #110
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Preds wont fade into obscurity ,, They still have good prospect pool and Vezina caliber goalie in Rinne

They may take a step back but they wont fall apart
How much of an impact do you think Weber and Suter had on Rinne's numbers? Preds will NOT make the playoffs next year.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:18 PM
  #111
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,847
vCash: 50
So you are saying you did not watch the games and think he is a good d man. OK. He is the sole reason for that record....

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:21 PM
  #112
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,586
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
How much of an impact do you think Weber and Suter had on Rinne's numbers? Preds will NOT make the playoffs next year.
Rinne is really, really good. And with the team structure changing, don't be surprised if they open up the offense a bit more and lean on Rinne. Rinne will respond. Nashville has a very good chance at a 7th or 8th seed, no doubt about it.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:22 PM
  #113
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator
 
Blackhawkswincup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chicagoland
Country: United States
Posts: 103,285
vCash: 340
Not to mention with four additional 1st rounders they could make plays for other players for there lineup next year

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
  #114
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Rinne is really, really good. And with the team structure changing, don't be surprised if they open up the offense a bit more and lean on Rinne. Rinne will respond. Nashville has a very good chance at a 7th or 8th seed, no doubt about it.
Rinne is but I also think he is a product of their system. Take your top 2 defensive guys out and see where that gets him. We are not talking about average D-Men here. He is going to have a tough go next year.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
  #115
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,847
vCash: 50
The Preds said they would match any offer....unt this offer came down the pipe. Now they have to evaluate it. I am thinking they will not match.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:26 PM
  #116
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Ok, Blues were exposed yet our roster is all good, we just ran into a hot goalie in the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
With Brian Elliott in net

No doubt much better team with Halak in playoffs then Elliott

And wish the Hawks could have gotten exposed in 2nd round instead of 1st round ,, And hey its not like the Blues lost to cup champion or anything

Losing to Kings in round 2 is not getting exposed , Losing to Coyotes in 1st round with some of the worst goaltending the NHL has seen in recent memory in OT of game 3 and 4 is getting exposed
The only point I'm debating is the Hawks are not losers in the off-season.

..... and news flash. The off season is not over yet.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:26 PM
  #117
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
If anyone thinks signing Oduya was a positive for this team, they either didn't watch him in his last 15 games of the regular season and playoffs or have an off center view of what a quality d man is for the amount of money he was signed for. Journeyman who avoids contact and is decent on the PP which was 27th. Stan knocked it out of the park this offseason.
He's not even good on the PP, 0 PP points with the Hawks

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:27 PM
  #118
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap;52715983[B
]He's not even good on the PP, 0 PP points with the Hawks[/B]
You can't single Oduya you for sucking on the PP. The entire team did.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:28 PM
  #119
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets
 
Atomic Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Panama
Country: United States
Posts: 8,847
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
He's not even good on the PP, 0 PP points with the Hawks
I am trying to find something he is good at other than turning the puck over.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:28 PM
  #120
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Since learning about the offersheet last night, I've thought he will be a Flyer. We'll see. I just don't think they will match. I do think they will try to work out alternative compensation to the 4 1sts though.
If they accept, they can't trade him for a year. Given the way the Flyers structured the deal that would require them to pay $14 million for Weber's services this year, a $12 million signing bonus on July 1, 2013 and then be able to trade him. So they would have to suck up $26 million for one year of Weber, who knows if they have the financial where with all to pull that off.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:32 PM
  #121
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 56,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
If they accept, they can't trade him for a year. Given the way the Flyers structured the deal that would require them to pay $14 million for Weber's services this year, a $12 million signing bonus on July 1, 2013 and then be able to trade him. So they would have to suck up $26 million for one year of Weber, who knows if they have the financial where with all to pull that off.
Read in the Preds forum that they have some new guy part of the ownership that is worth billions... Not sure how heavily invested into the team he is, though.

RayP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:33 PM
  #122
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,586
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
If they accept, they can't trade him for a year. Given the way the Flyers structured the deal that would require them to pay $14 million for Weber's services this year, a $12 million signing bonus on July 1, 2013 and then be able to trade him. So they would have to suck up $26 million for one year of Weber, who knows if they have the financial where with all to pull that off.
Exactly, and the injury factor. Once they pay that 26M, and whatever the few years after....I mean, he just CANNOT get hurt. If he blows out his knee or gets a bad concussion and is in and out of the lineup, they are really screwed.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:33 PM
  #123
MagicSlap*
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You can't single Oduya you for sucking on the PP. The entire team did.
Well he had 0 PP points all year and only 4 last year wherehe veraged 3 minutes of PP time a game

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:34 PM
  #124
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 25,586
vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Read in the Preds forum that they have some new guy part of the ownership that is worth billions... Not sure how heavily invested into the team he is, though.
Well, I suppose this could be his chance to get a bigger stake from the other owners if he wants it.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:36 PM
  #125
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 8,704
vCash: 500
The Preds have to match this...whatever it takes. They can't lose two of the best defensemen in the NHL in the same summer, for only 4 low first rounders.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.