HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pred HF Prospect Ratings

Closed Thread

Old
01-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Pred303

vCash: 500
Pred HF Prospect Ratings

ok this rating system they use is new to me,but the way i read it is according to their rating scheme...the number is pretty much top end potential,while the letter gives you 1)a % chance they will ever actually reach that potential rating and 2)the bottom side potential of a prospect...in other words,if i understand it correctly a guy like suter rated 8.5 B....means he has a 90% chance of being an 8.5(a number one defenseman with a chance at making an allstar team)...while defining his bottomside as a 7.5 or maybe a number 3 defenseman

so if i'm reading this right then looking at our top rated prospects that would mean:

on defense:
suter(8.5 B)-probable number 1 dman,with a chance of falling to a number 3
weber(7 B)-probable number 3 dman,with a chance of falling to a number 6
klein(6.5 B)-probable number 5 dman,with a chance of not making the team on the downside
niskala(6.5 B)-probable number 5 dman,with a chance of not making the team
stelhik(6.5 D)-possible number 5 dman,with a chance of flipping burgers
hutchinson(5)-a number 6 dman period

at wing:
upshall(7.5 B)-probable high second liner,with a chance of falling to a 3rd liner
shishkanov-(7.5 B)-probable high second liner,with a chance of falling to a 3rd liner
radulov(7.5 C)-possible high second liner,with a chance of falling to a 4th liner
setzinger,pivko,soin(all 6 C)-3rd liner with a chance of being a career AHL'er
segal(5.5 B)-probable high 4th liner,with a chance of not making the team
shafigulin(5 A)-almost certain 4th line center
meidl(5.5 C)-a chance at being a 4th line center,a chance at never making it
haydar(6)- a 3rd line winger
gamache(4.5 B)-a career minor leaguer,who might possible make it as far as the AHL(even though he's leading the league in points per game played,he's obviously not going to cut it)

in goal:
finley(7 C)-a chance at being an average NHL goalie,an equal chance of being a career minor leaguer
lassila(6 A)-an almost certain NHL backup goalie

is this how you longtime members take these rankings?..even though i see their escape for overranking a prospect(ie the letter that means they could fall)i see nothing that would show they could exceed the number assigned(barring simply upgrading the number)..correct?

Old
01-11-2005, 02:52 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
A lot of those are dead-on with a notable except of radulov being a C. I don't understand that. Especially considering his success in the Q. and segal, IMO has 3rd line power forward potential with a chance of being a solid career AHL'er.

Old
01-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
A lot of those are dead-on with a notable except of radulov being a C. I don't understand that. Especially considering his success in the Q. and segal, IMO has 3rd line power forward potential with a chance of being a solid career AHL'er.
i generally agree with most of them myself too crossxcheck with a few differences,which i expect will be mostly corrected next update:

radulov(7.5 C)...looks to me too like the C should be upgraded to a B
klein(6.5 B).....i'm thinking a 7 B but maybe i'm just predjudiced
weber(7 B)...betting this goes up to a 7.5 B after the juniors
shafigullin(5 A)..thinking his performance in the juniors opened some eyes,and this guy has potential to be a 3rd line centerman(say 6 B)
upshall(7.5 B)....one injury after the other,maybe he's only really a 7 B type of guy now
segal(5.5 B)...i'm thinking he could well be a 3rd line type of guy,so maybe a 6 B
gamache(4.5 B)..come on,sure size is a problem-but this guy has a chance to make the team and play much higher(i'm thinking 6 B)

Old
01-11-2005, 03:38 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
i generally agree with most of them myself too crossxcheck with a few differences,which i expect will be mostly corrected next update:

radulov(7.5 C)...looks to me too like the C should be upgraded to a B
klein(6.5 B).....i'm thinking a 7 B but maybe i'm just predjudiced
weber(7 B)...betting this goes up to a 7.5 B after the juniors
shafigullin(5 A)..thinking his performance in the juniors opened some eyes,and this guy has potential to be a 3rd line centerman(say 6 B)
upshall(7.5 B)....one injury after the other,maybe he's only really a 7 B type of guy now
segal(5.5 B)...i'm thinking he could well be a 3rd line type of guy,so maybe a 6 B
gamache(4.5 B)..come on,sure size is a problem-but this guy has a chance to make the team and play much higher(i'm thinking 6 B)

I agree mostly with what you're saying. I'd maybe make upshall a 7.5 C and gamache certainly deserves more than a 4.5 B.

Old
01-11-2005, 03:54 PM
Pred303

i could certainly accept a 7.5 C on Upshall with no argument

Old
01-11-2005, 04:00 PM
crossxcheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
i could certainly accept a 7.5 C on Upshall with no argument
It pains me to say he deserves a C, but his injuries are really concerning me. I'd be 100% for trading him while he still has some value.

Closed Thread