HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trip to Calgary, need suggestions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2012, 07:07 PM
  #26
nogger
Missed the Net AINEC
 
nogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,791
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
And burn your clothes lol, u never get the smoke smell out of them after BA.
Just get the black guy in the bathrooms to spray you with the '***** magnet'

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:20 PM
  #27
Sean Monahan
#boring
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 50
BACK ALLEY


Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:25 PM
  #28
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
BACK ALLEY



Are you trying to get him to go to the skeeziest places?

We don't necessarily need him to get stabbed

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 07:31 PM
  #29
3rdEye
HF Official Producer
 
3rdEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,840
vCash: 500
17th ave bro. That's where all the hot *****es are at.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 08:16 PM
  #30
Cawz
Registered User
 
Cawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oiler fan in Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post
17th ave bro. That's where all the hot *****es are at.
Thats what I was going to say. Wander around 17th.

Cawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 09:53 PM
  #31
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,359
vCash: 355
Yeah 17th is good get down there early if you plan on eating anything though because it turns into a zoo at night.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:15 AM
  #32
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogger View Post
Big Easy, then Back Alley.
Prime Saturday night tbh.

Seriously? The Crack Alley? Not only is it full of 18 year old ********** who listen to too much dubstep, but it's a hole and was when I was 18. If you're 20+ you feel like a senior citizen in there.

Anyway, everybody else pretty much covered all the good stuff. Although, it is rather out of the way (McKenzie Towne), The Kilt & Caber is a good pub.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:39 AM
  #33
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post

Seriously? The Crack Alley? Not only is it full of 18 year old ********** who listen to too much dubstep, but it's a hole and was when I was 18. If you're 20+ you feel like a senior citizen in there.

Anyway, everybody else pretty much covered all the good stuff. Although, it is rather out of the way (McKenzie Towne), The Kilt & Caber is a good pub.
Seconded.

Living in Okotoks, and having a ton of friends in McKenzie Lake, the Kilt is a great place on almost any night. Good atmosphere, good service and a fun night.

Crack Alley is alright if you're 18/ looking for an 18 year old. But it's definitely 1) Sketchy because of the people 2) A great place for *****

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:00 AM
  #34
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
Seconded.

Living in Okotoks, and having a ton of friends in McKenzie Lake, the Kilt is a great place on almost any night. Good atmosphere, good service and a fun night.

Crack Alley is alright if you're 18/ looking for an 18 year old. But it's definitely 1) Sketchy because of the people 2) A great place for *****
If you've been there (the Kilt) recently (as in the last two months), you might have seen me and a couple of my friends singing The Righteous Brothers "You Lost That Loving Feeling", like Tom Cruise in Top Gun.

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:10 AM
  #35
bigchief12
Registered User
 
bigchief12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post
If you've been there (the Kilt) recently (as in the last two months), you might have seen me and a couple of my friends singing The Righteous Brothers "You Lost That Loving Feeling", like Tom Cruise in Top Gun.
....So it's like a gay bar then?

bigchief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:52 AM
  #36
DBU
We Think We Know You
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,642
vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
....So it's like a gay bar then?

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:53 AM
  #37
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Driving a Bandwagon
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 7,349
vCash: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
....So it's like a gay bar then?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:06 PM
  #38
DBU
We Think We Know You
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,642
vCash: 132
This thread delivers

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:04 PM
  #39
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
....So it's like a gay bar then?

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:43 PM
  #40
nogger
Missed the Net AINEC
 
nogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,791
vCash: 50
Granted I moved from Calgary a few years ago, we'd always goto the Alley because of the 2 dollar shots on fridays/saturdays and you can walk in with flip flops and a backwards hat.

I also had a lot of good times at Kilkenny in brentwood, and the duelling piano (can't remember the name of it, in westbrook mall)

nogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:49 PM
  #41
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,604
vCash: 500
Classy people goto Whiskey

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:54 PM
  #42
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,981
vCash: 500
Ranchman's is always good times.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:26 PM
  #43
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Classy people goto Whiskey
Classy people drink Whiskey. Now it's just too full of highschool/fresh 18 year olds.

Ranchmans is a good time. Especially if you know how to two step (you can pick up a lot of ladies there/swoon your own)

Melrose is a decent venue, as is the beer market, Julios, etc if you're interested in a more relaxed drink place.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
  #44
Sean Monahan
#boring
 
Sean Monahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,910
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Ranchman's is always good times.
Absolutely this.

The panties drop the second you take them 2-stepping

Love this city

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:40 PM
  #45
DBU
We Think We Know You
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,642
vCash: 132
Never been to Ranchmans

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:56 PM
  #46
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
Never been to Ranchmans
1) Go on youtube
2) learn to 2 step well
3) ?????
4) Profit


Easy place to pick up ladies if you know how to dance. Good food. Good atmosphere. A little crazy around stampede.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:08 PM
  #47
DBU
We Think We Know You
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,642
vCash: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
1) Go on youtube
2) learn to 2 step well
3) ?????
4) Profit


Easy place to pick up ladies if you know how to dance. Good food. Good atmosphere. A little crazy around stampede.
A little?



I drove past Ranchman's last Friday at about 1am, that place was rockin'. I didn't stop and go in but it looked like the biggest ****ing party I've ever seen. Tons of cop cars, lul.

DBU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:26 PM
  #48
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchief12 View Post
....So it's like a gay bar then?
Well played. But after $200 worth of drinks are in you, it can be any bar you want it to be.

FTR: We sang that song to our waitress

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:46 PM
  #49
Janks
Pope Janks
 
Janks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,311
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
A little?



I drove past Ranchman's last Friday at about 1am, that place was rockin'. I didn't stop and go in but it looked like the biggest ****ing party I've ever seen. Tons of cop cars, lul.
Just a little

I went once during stampede without VIP. I waited in line on Macleod, and that was only the half way point. It's always rocking during stampede, but I can see how older crowds wouldn't go out much. I'm almost 21, and I even feel old going out dancing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brostopolous View Post
Well played. But after $200 worth of drinks are in you, it can be any bar you want it to be.

FTR: We sang that song to our waitress
The best is when they sing with you. We had one waitress who bought us a few rounds, and sang to us while we drank.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:27 PM
  #50
Janko Unchained
Flames CBA Guy
 
Janko Unchained's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lethbridge, AB
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 2,285
vCash: 998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikael Backlund View Post
Just a little

I went once during stampede without VIP. I waited in line on Macleod, and that was only the half way point. It's always rocking during stampede, but I can see how older crowds wouldn't go out much. I'm almost 21, and I even feel old going out dancing now.



The best is when they sing with you. We had one waitress who bought us a few rounds, and sang to us while we drank.
Was she a skinny blonde girl?

Janko Unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.