HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[#2] Voting -- HFStars 2012 Top-20 Prospects -- [#3] Discussion

View Poll Results: Who's the Stars' #2 prospect?
Chiasson 13 24.53%
Dillon 4 7.55%
Eakin 2 3.77%
Faksa 7 13.21%
Fraser 0 0%
Glennie 1 1.89%
Oleksiak 24 45.28%
Nemeth 2 3.77%
R. Smith 0 0%
Stransky 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-20-2012, 03:24 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
Hah and I thought I had issues with that pick.

Does his ranking mean you think he'll bust outright or just not live up to the lofty expectations?
It's a combination of things. I think he has a higher bust possibility than most of the other prospects in the top echelon. I don't believe his ceiling is as high as others do. I factor NHL-readiness as about 40% of my rankings and he doesn't exactly score highly there. And lastly I don't believe his position is all that important -- even if he does reach his supposed ceiling I'm not sure I'd call him a franchise player. I'm not even convinced a franchise goaltender can exist in today's game outside of maybe 1 or 2 exceptional cases.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:43 PM
txomisc

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued View Post
It's a combination of things. I think he has a higher bust possibility than most of the other prospects in the top echelon. I don't believe his ceiling is as high as others do. I factor NHL-readiness as about 40% of my rankings and he doesn't exactly score highly there. And lastly I don't believe his position is all that important -- even if he does reach his supposed ceiling I'm not sure I'd call him a franchise player. I'm not even convinced a franchise goaltender can exist in today's game outside of maybe 1 or 2 exceptional cases.
Yeah I really think the idea of franchise goaltenders are on the way out too. You need competent goaltending not elite guys. I think theres probalby a top 5 or so then 15-20 guys who are relatively equal.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:09 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
I agree with pretty much all of that. I haven't had the time to sit down and make a list of my own but I could see how he could end up that low.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Quote:
Agree. It takes generational talents in net, to be a franchise goaltender.

Roy
Brodeur
Belfour (yeah.)
Luongo had the potential and then completely screwed it up.
Hasek!

Trying to just use last generations greats, because I don't think Sawchuk or Dryden would've honestly been that great with the skill all of the players have now.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote