HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Free Agency Thread 7 (Legit Sources ONLY) Shane Doan visiting Montreal (Post 400)

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2012, 07:52 PM
SOLR

vCash: 500
I could see something like

Cap hit: 5m

-22%

Old
07-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Until Doan confirms it ! It's all BS. It's not TSN that's reporting this, but an insider to a reporter at TSN. Sounds Eklundesque to me.
It's David shoalts , he wouldn't write it if it wasn't credible .

Old
07-27-2012, 08:24 PM
odishabs

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Cole

Bourque - Plekanec - Doan

Moen - Eller - Gionta

Armstrong - White - Moen

now thats a team that could give other teams headaches!

Old
07-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Aznrx8

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post

Moen - Eller - Gionta

Armstrong - White - Moen

But a team that would lose a **** ton of face off lol

Old
07-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:

Moen - Eller - Gionta

Armstrong - White - Moen

Double-shifting Moen, and on both wings? I like your style.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Takashi

Quote:

Moen - Eller - Gionta

Armstrong - White - Moen

you forgot prust ..

Old
07-27-2012, 09:55 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
It's David shoalts , he wouldn't write it if it wasn't credible .
Really?

https://twitter.com/dshoalts/

Quote:
No word yet from Greg Jamison, which is not good for Phoenix Coyotes fans. Shane Doan's agent says they never demanded 4yrs, $30-million.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
So, Shoalts went with a story that had a source he felt was credible enough to print, yet continued to pursue more reliable sources, when the agent to the player contradicted his story he had the credibility to put that out on the twitterverse.

Your point is what?

Old
07-27-2012, 11:15 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

So doan hasen't demanded 7.5 a year. Well that's good, much more logical news. I say 4.5 is his worth, but somebody will come along and offer him 5 or 6. probabley philly. or the rangers, even with gaborik, nash, richards and lundqvist, staal, they still only have 57 mill against the cap. ****ing retarded.

Old
07-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
let's take it with gains of salt.

Price's agent denied they were askin 6 million a year.

Last edited by Habaneros: 07-27-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old
07-28-2012, 12:17 AM
Kirk Muller

I just love how 2 weeks ago an unreported Eastern conference team supposedly offered the exact same contract that this reporter is saying Doan is now asking for, but he got this from his unnamed source.

Just sounds like a reporter essentially re-hashing a hockey story because there is nothing else going on now the Nash has been traded and Webers deal was matched.

This report is no different than the first one, just shifting offer and request.

Old
07-28-2012, 01:16 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Show of the chicks in MTL to Doan, then offer him our best. I'd give him 2 years at 7 million. 3 years at 6 million.

He's the only top 6 forward left, and we need to get him or it'll be another long year...

Old
07-28-2012, 05:04 AM
E = CH²

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Show of the chicks in MTL to Doan, then offer him our best. I'd give him 2 years at 7 million. 3 years at 6 million.

He's the only top 6 forward left, and we need to get him or it'll be another long year...
We don't have a contending team in place. It's fairly pointless to go for guys like Doan at this stage.

Old
07-28-2012, 05:19 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We don't have a contending team in place. It's fairly pointless to go for guys like Doan at this stage.
agreed, if he was 27 / 28 and had 7 or 8 years ahead of him maybe... but by the time we're ready to contend he'll be a retiree.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Subban76

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I hope Kaberle comes to camp in much better shape this year, he looked totally out of shape last year and seemed like he lost what was once his biggest strength, his mobility/skating.

Also, I would hope the Habs aren't seriously considering pairing Bouillon and Kaberle together.
There was an article a couple of weeks ago interviewing Kaberle and saying he is presently training with Pleck, so that can't be bad. He also said that he did not train very hard last summer because of cup festivities. Not saying he will be in the best shape of is life, but should be better than last year.

Old
07-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Sam I Am

No Doan for me.

I cannot see why the Habs should spend big bucks on Shane Doan. He's too old to be of any true help to this franchise. One year of Jason Arnott...okay. But 4 years of Doan in decline makes no sense for a team so far away from being a Stanley Cup contender.

Of the UFA scraps still out there, it seems to me that the best fit on the current roster is Andre Kostisyn. If the Hurricanes can sign Semin to a one-year deal, why not Andre for one year at 2.5 to 3.5 million? He can patrol the left wing on the third line with Eller and Armstrong or Prust. Or if he seems a bit inspired, complete a second line with Plekanec and Gionta. If he *****s up, it is easy to waive him. Either some team will pick him up cheap on the rebound or the Habs merely eat the remainder of his one-year deal. If he plays well and scores a few, there are many teams who will forgive his playoff transgression of last year, whatever it was, opening up a possible deadline deal.

I'm not saying I see it happening but the roster does seems a lot more complete with him than without.

Last edited by Sam I Am: 07-28-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old
07-28-2012, 08:20 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
No Doan for me.

I cannot see why the Habs should spend big bucks on Shane Doan. He's too old to be of any true help to this franchise. One year of Jason Arnott...okay. But 4 years of Doan in decline makes no sense for a team so far away from being a Stanley Cup contender.

Of the UFA scraps still out there, it seems to me that the best fit on the current roster is Andre Kostisyn. If the Hurricanes can sign Semin to a one-year deal, why not Andre for one year at 2.5 to 3.5 million? He can patrol the left wing on the third line with Eller and Armstrong or Prust. Or if he seems a bit inspired, complete a second line with Plekanec and Gionta. If he *****s up, it is easy to waive him. Either some team will pick him up cheap on the rebound or the Habs merely eat the remainder of his one-year deal. If he plays well and scores a few, there are many teams who will forgive his playoff transgression of last year, whatever it was, opening up a possible deadline deal.

I'm not saying I see it happening but the roster does seems a lot more complete with him than without.
I, for one, can't wait until AK signs somewhere (and it won't be in Montreal, I'm reasonably sure of this) and then there will be no more discussion/references to AK rejoining the Habs.

Sign already, Andrei, somewhere, please!

Old
07-28-2012, 08:26 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
lol, In 2-3 years that 7.5 is back to Gomez territory. The guy plays a physical style, is on the decline and will be 37 in a pressure filled market that will have idiots thinking he's anti-french. If you really believe this is a match then dunno what to say.

When we acquired gomez he had seasons of 58 and 59 points and has cup and playoffs experience. Now, we're acquiring an older player who had 60 and 50 points for a 35+ contract that can't be buried in minors and this 'might' be worth it? Short memory. It's repeating history. At 2-3 years at 6 per, sure, extra term and money? Pass.

Not to mention, acquired doan and putting gomez in minors is essentially paying 10 mil for gomez and say 20 mil(front loaded) all in 2 years for one 50-60 point winger. lol What type of owner would approve that?
I am a Gomez fan, but comparing the 2 hahaha

Old
07-28-2012, 08:28 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
Absolutely out of the question. This is exactly the type of move that made the Habs what they are today. STAY AWAY.

Even at 5 mill, I would say no. Stick with what you have, if it works out then Doan would not have been much of an upgrade anyway; if it does not then at least we will be trying to get a blue-chipper in the draft instead of going mid-range with Doan.
Losers mentality ! ( Not calling you a loser )

My guess is you have not seen Doan except when he plays the Habs every second year.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:30 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:

Moen - Eller - Gionta

Armstrong - White - Moen

Prust makes too much $$$$$, bench the mofo !

Old
07-28-2012, 08:37 AM
pine

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
Prust makes too much $$$$$, bench the mofo !
lolwat, you want to bench him because he makes too much money? It's not like he pointed the gun at Bergevin and told him to give him the monay.

Old
07-28-2012, 08:41 AM
maci4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Are you ****ing kidding me ?

He's already a multimillionaire, his future is set... now, he's just being greedy, that's all.

I'm sorry but Doan is not worth anything close to 7mil a year and certainly not on 4 years.

I soooooo pass on this.
Terrell Owens says hi.

Old
07-28-2012, 09:03 AM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Yeah getting $30M is pointless. Why would he even consider that.

Old
07-28-2012, 09:23 AM
centrehice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
lolwat, you want to bench him because he makes too much money? It's not like he pointed the gun at Bergevin and told him to give him the monay.
I think it was a joke, based on the fact someone else had left him out of the lineup

Old
07-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post
Look the post he quoted, twas just sarcasm...

Closed Thread