HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

NHL Free Agency Thread 7 (Legit Sources ONLY) Shane Doan visiting Montreal (Post 400)

Closed Thread

Old
07-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Why not go with AK - Eller - Bourque? We need a top 9 forward anyway..
Moen was fine with AK and Eller, I thought. I liked that line.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:11 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Bourque played 38 games here, on a team that was literally falling apart. He has proven he can score in this league. He wasn't good for the Habs but to write him off after less than half a season is ridiculous.

Kostitsyn has loafed for years. I'll take Bourque over Kostitsyn.
flames fans hated bourque more than you rds guys hated kostitsyn. Bourque is lazier, less talented, older and will end up making more money...but sure take bourque over kostitsyn.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
pine

vCash: 50
**** Rene Bourque the player. useless waste of space

Old
07-29-2012, 09:13 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownquestionbro View Post
flames fans hated bourque more than you rds guys hated kostitsyn. Bourque is lazier, less talented, older and will end up making more money...but sure take bourque over kostitsyn.
There's no dichotomy between Bourque and Kostitsyn because there's no getting Bourque off the roster.

It's Bourque
or
Bourque and Kostitsyn

Old
07-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Beendair Donedat

Less talented? When was Andrei's first 27 goal season? Bourque had two... I live in Alberta, I see more Flames games than I care to think about. I'd much rather have Bourque. Both guys are streaky and lazy... No arguments there, I've seen Andrei do it with a Habs jersey on for too many years. I have no desire to take him back.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:18 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
There's no dichotomy between Bourque and Kostitsyn because there's no getting Bourque off the roster.

It's Bourque
or
Bourque and Kostitsyn
But you insinuated that you'd take Bourque over Kostitsyn so that retort was not needed.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
But you insinuated that you'd take Bourque over Kostitsyn so that retort was not needed.
Where did I "insinuate" this?

Old
07-29-2012, 09:24 PM
voyageur
Registered lunatic

After so many failed years of soft, fast teams with names like Petrov, Dackell, Sundstrom, Bulis, Samsonov, Kovalev, etc it is nice to see a team with a Canadian corps, and a lot of character to go to war. I want to see this team progress not regress. Kostitsyn had a chance to prove his worth, and did not. Adding him would only bury Leblanc and Gallagher farther down the depth chart, and I would rather see these kids get a shot.

I don't understand how we can use our remaining cap space to sign Subban, and still have the money to sign Doan. Seems like a pipe dream to me. If we could move Gomez sure, but how likely is that? What do we do with Gionta, how do we work Cole, Doan, and Gionta all into the lineup. Do you want to demote your captain to a 3rd line checker, how does that resonate? Do you close the door on Gallagher and Leblanc this season? Do you trade the captain? Knowing the heat Doan has already faced in the French media, I would be shocked if he wanted to sincerely play in Montreal. I just see him as another guy trying to obtain leverage in a bidding war...

I don't have any problem with the team MB has assembled. There is good depth at most positions, there may be a hole to fill, depending on performance, which could be filled with successful player development, an area where Montreal has remained strong, with the exception of last year. The other option is to fill holes via trade. The Habs hold some key assets to obtain players, and don't need to burn picks as was the m.o. of the Gainey era.

My question is this, if you replaced Kostitsyn with Plekanec, moving Eller to the wing, how is this line any less talented. Plekanec is a good shot, better skater, and an ace defensively. This keeps the 1st line together, Gomez and Gionta can audition with a variety of wingers from Bourque, Army, Prust, to Gallagher and Galchenyuk, not to mention Palushaj and Geoffrion. There are a lot of options, and more players knocking on the door as 4th line foot soldiers.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:26 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Less talented? When was Andrei's first 27 goal season? Bourque had two... I live in Alberta, I see more Flames games than I care to think about. I'd much rather have Bourque. Both guys are streaky and lazy... No arguments there, I've seen Andrei do it with a Habs jersey on for too many years. I have no desire to take him back.

i live in edmonton, so don't use the i live in alberta thing to make it seem like you know bourque better than me. bourque is trash. more talented?

lol, no. everyone in calgary wanted bourque out, the guy can do absolutely NOTHING on many nights....at least when kosty doesn't feel it offensively he still lays down a bunch of quality checks and plays a semblance of defense. who was more productive when they got traded? bourque or kostistyn? thought so. Gauthier is a freaking idiot.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:28 PM
clownquestionbro*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Where did I "insinuate" this?
whoops posted to you as Beendair Donedat. my bad, but my point stands. bourque sucks and like you stated we are stuck with this loser.

Old
07-29-2012, 09:53 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Bourque played 38 games here, on a team that was literally falling apart. He has proven he can score in this league. He wasn't good for the Habs but to write him off after less than half a season is ridiculous.

Kostitsyn has loafed for years. I'll take Bourque over Kostitsyn.
And AK hasn't proven he can score in the NHL?

Bourque - 470 games played - 126 goals
Kostitsyn - 398 games played - 103 goals

Old
07-29-2012, 10:16 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
ah, the good ole' AKost hate-train...

Old
07-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Takashi

Quote:
i live in edmonton, so don't use the i live in alberta thing to make it seem like you know bourque better than me. bourque is trash. more talented?

lol, no. everyone in calgary wanted bourque out, the guy can do absolutely NOTHING on many nights....at least when kosty doesn't feel it offensively he still lays down a bunch of quality checks and plays a semblance of defense. who was more productive when they got traded? bourque or kostistyn? thought so. Gauthier is a freaking idiot.
This

Old
07-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Destoker

AK is the perfect example of a mismanaged player with the habs.

The guy lacks consistency, we shuffle him on every line even when he's doing good. He's a pass first dangler with a sick wrist shot but we put him in the slot on every damn powerplay of the last 6 years. Why wasn't he use on the Kovalev spot is beyond me. Our only winger with the ability to make crispy tape to tape passes through the crease OR pull a rocket shot over the glove. But no sit your ass in front of the net so we can say you are doing nothing...

He's was also good at carrying the puck off the rush. Look at all his highlights... he gets the puck at the red line while moving his feet to find his fifth gear... than he's able to dangle around a defender or slow down the play to find the third man with a creative pass. He's looking for the high risk\high reward play. The problem is sometimes those plays don't pay off, they create turnovers. He always seemed to be bench after trying creative things, and for a guy who lacks confidence it's poisonous.

Point is in the right environment this guy will shine. Let him have fun and try things with the puck without a knife over his head... let him find his groove with steady creative linemates and carry a line... he will be a threat on a nightly basis.

Last edited by Destoker: 07-29-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old
07-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
This
My favourite AK goal:

Old
07-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Beendair Donedat

Quote:

Get over yourself, where did I ever suggest I knew him better because I live in Alberta? I just said I saw him play Many times. As far as being productive? One guy went to a genuinely competitive playoff team while the other went to an injury riddled, one line, low scoring last place team in the East. I never said Bouque played well, I said there's no reason to give up on a guy who played less than Half a season. Under a lame duck coach and a GM that was the laughingstock of the league. Bourque is lazy, I've said that already but he can score... And hit, and fight when he chooses to do so... I think Therrien will use him better.

Also remember golden boy Kostitsyn went drinking in the playoffs and got benched for his troubles. He's not someone that needs to be in the Habs organization.

Old
07-30-2012, 12:37 AM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
I'd like to have Kostitsyn on the team, but really, I don't see him being successful here. You can't have a player with motivation problems on a bottom feeder team. If we were going for a cup run, I'd put him in the top six/top nine. I think actually playing for something would bring out the physical, goal scoring AK that we've gotten hints of. Kinda like how Kovalev dominated during the hunt, but when the team was stagnating, he was the king of floaters.

Old
07-30-2012, 01:32 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Can we move on from the gauthier talk? Guy isn't worth the time. Good riddance. Not as bad as people make him out to be but clearly not a good gm. I won't miss him.

Old
07-30-2012, 03:23 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Much.

And God help you if you've actually watched as many Flames games featuring Bourque as you'd have us believe, PLUS his time here, and STILL would rather him on the Habs than A.Kost.

BUT like DAChamp says, it's not about Bourque or A.Kost anymore (would love a do-over on that choice) as Bourque is currently on the roster and A.Kost would have to be re-acquired.

Old
07-30-2012, 04:14 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Why would AK sign here to prove himself on the 3rd line with Eller when he could sign to play on the 2nd line elsewhere?

Old
07-30-2012, 05:22 AM
PunkinDrublic*

You guys are hilarious. Montreal has the only fans that wear horse blinders.

A Kostitsyn is NOT i repeat NOT comming back to Montreal.

R Bourque is a Montreal Canadien and a pretty darn good 2nd -3rd line winger, with size. Yes he is a little complacent at times, and yes he may seem lazy because he plays a different type game to most of the speedier forwards Montreal has in their top 6. Believe you me, Bourkie has speed, might actually be in the top 5 of the team.
Has pretty good hands and will score scrap goal in front of the net. He is big and strong and will play a different game now under this coaching (regime).

I am not quite sure what happened to the great posters that HF had in the past, but this summer crowd...wow. Fingers crossed they come back in the fall.

Old
07-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Why ? Because he traded Kostitsyn ? I guess I saw a different Bourque. Guy created chances and whiffed on a lot of chances created for him. Coupled with coming to a ****** team, he produced like most of the team did.

Old
07-30-2012, 06:22 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
You guys are hilarious. Montreal has the only fans that wear horse blinders.

A Kostitsyn is NOT i repeat NOT comming back to Montreal.

R Bourque is a Montreal Canadien and a pretty darn good 2nd -3rd line winger, with size. Yes he is a little complacent at times, and yes he may seem lazy because he plays a different type game to most of the speedier forwards Montreal has in their top 6. Believe you me, Bourkie has speed, might actually be in the top 5 of the team.
Has pretty good hands and will score scrap goal in front of the net. He is big and strong and will play a different game now under this coaching (regime).

I am not quite sure what happened to the great posters that HF had in the past, but this summer crowd...wow. Fingers crossed they come back in the fall.
you arrived in june....

Old
07-30-2012, 07:00 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
My favourite AK goal:
Price had his first career shutout this game. I was there!

Old
07-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Get over yourself, where did I ever suggest I knew him better because I live in Alberta? I just said I saw him play Many times. As far as being productive? One guy went to a genuinely competitive playoff team while the other went to an injury riddled, one line, low scoring last place team in the East. I never said Bouque played well, I said there's no reason to give up on a guy who played less than Half a season. Under a lame duck coach and a GM that was the laughingstock of the league. Bourque is lazy, I've said that already but he can score... And hit, and fight when he chooses to do so... I think Therrien will use him better.

Also remember golden boy Kostitsyn went drinking in the playoffs and got benched for his troubles. He's not someone that needs to be in the Habs organization.
AK didn't go drinking in the POs. That's something the media and fans spread, but it wasn't the truth.
All we actually know is that he missed curfew by an hour. That's it.
The Preds decided to turn it into a big thing and created a distraction. Stupid management.
I watched every Preds game, AK and Radulov created a lot of chances. They were their most dangerous offensive players.

As for Bourque, coming to a lower seeded team changes nothing. The problem is he got unfavorable match ups. He will still be bad next year unless we give him weaker minutes.
AK actually could handle those tougher minutes along side Plekanec.

Closed Thread