Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Sneaky Priest
See you Nov. 2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimToTheMoon View Post
Columbus got absolutely robbed in that trade. Sheesh.....how is Howson still the GM?

If Dubinsky picks it up a bit, that would help but even still.....this trade isnt even close.....
Honestly its better than letting him go for nothing, besides do we even know if Howson had any other better offers?

Old
07-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Priest View Post
Honestly its better than letting him go for nothing, besides do we even know if Howson had any other better offers?
He did a while back. Not sure how many of these were just rumors, but Pavelski+ was in play. Also apparently Ottawa offered Zibenijad+Foligno+Lehner. There were a couple others but I can't remember them at the moment.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Sneaky Priest
See you Nov. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
He did a while back. Not sure how many of these were just rumors, but Pavelski+ was in play. Also apparently Ottawa offered Zibenijad+Foligno+Lehner. There were a couple others but I can't remember them at the moment.
I still think peope are being a little too hard on this guy, at least he didn't get let him walk like what happened with Gaborik.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
I still think peope are being a little too hard on this guy, at least he didn't get let him walk like what happened with Gaborik.
I'm actually not so down on what he got in return, because I'm not the biggest Rick Nash fan, but I'm just amazed that NYR got him to pull the trigger without giving up anything of importance to them. Absolutely nothing from their core and nothing of real significance to them (unless you count the 1st rounder).

Old
07-23-2012, 06:39 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Anyone want to take a guess at what Riser would have gotten for Gabby had he traded him before the season started? Remember....we're talking about Risebrough. And in case you forget...

Chris Simon.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:42 PM
D U M B A
The Disaster March

vCash: 523
Quote:
The Rangers offer at the Trade Deadline was better than what Howson got today. Even though Howson is an incompetent GM, it's hard to blame him waiting until summer to see if the offers improved.

But Anismov does not equal two former first rounders (J.T. Miller and Dylan McIlrath) and a former second rounder (Christian Thomas). Also in the final trade proposal at the Trade Deadline, I don't think Columbus was sending anything back.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:44 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Anyone want to take a guess at what Riser would have gotten for Gabby had he traded him before the season started? Remember....we're talking about Risebrough. And in case you forget...

Chris Simon.
Just wanted to let you know that after years of intense psychotherapy, I was able to purge my memory of the whole Chris Simon fiasco......so, thanks for that.

Old
07-23-2012, 06:44 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

From the sounds of it, Howson had to send an extra player with Nash due to being over the max for contracts. However, the conditional 3rd is funny.

Old
07-23-2012, 08:00 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Quote:
With 6 more years on his contract, where would he have walked to exactly?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Well if you look at it, Nash is a 70-80 point guy, Anisimov is a 35-45 point guy, while Dub is a 40-50. Basically, on their low ends, Dub + Ani is more than Nash. Plus, the scoring is more spread out, rather than being concentrated on one guy.

More i think about it more i like the trade. Except Erixon. Why the **** would anyone want Erixon?

Old
07-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Randy BoBandy
Cheeseburger Party

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Well if you look at it, Nash is a 70-80 point guy, Anisimov is a 35-45 point guy, while Dub is a 40-50. Basically, on their low ends, Dub + Ani is more than Nash. Plus, the scoring is more spread out, rather than being concentrated on one guy.

More i think about it more i like the trade. Except Erixon. Why the **** would anyone want Erixon?
Nash has actually only broken the 70 point barrier once in his career back in 2008 he had 79 points. You can say all you want about his linemates but they are not really that bad. Umberger(46pts) had a good year and so did Huselius(56pts) both decent players. I guess I just think Nash is very overated. If Dubinsky can get back to the level he was at a year ago and the other two mature into decent players I don't mind the deal all that much. Sure it looks bad because everyone thinks Nash is all that and a bag of chips but he ain't sorry guys.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Kari Takko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patp14 View Post
Nash has actually only broken the 70 point barrier once in his career back in 2008 he had 79 points. You can say all you want about his linemates but they are not really that bad. Umberger(46pts) had a good year and so did Huselius(56pts) both decent players. I guess I just think Nash is very overated. If Dubinsky can get back to the level he was at a year ago and the other two mature into decent players I don't mind the deal all that much. Sure it looks bad because everyone thinks Nash is all that and a bag of chips but he ain't sorry guys.
How happy is everyone that we didn't land Huselius when DR targeted him in free agency a few years ago?

Old
07-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Jaykay
Kuemperpedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Freitag View Post
How happy is everyone that we didn't land Huselius when DR targeted him in free agency a few years ago?
DR wanted him, of course it wouldn't have worked.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Does this remind anyone of the Santana trade for the Twins?

It's hard to get fair value for players when few teams are in play, either through limited trade deals or ability to extend/re-sign.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post

It's hard to get fair value for players when few teams are in play, either through limited trade deals or ability to extend/re-sign.
Kinda. both GMs turned down better offers.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:16 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
That's a poor man's version of the Liriano trade.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
Old
07-23-2012, 11:21 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
That's a poor man's version of the Liriano trade.
Isn't it about the exact opposite of the Liriano trade?

Both Liriano and Nathan (hell, maybe even Boof Bonser) were more valuable to the Twins than Pierzynski, but to get all three back without adding any pieces? And when A.J. was such a cancer?

Old
07-23-2012, 11:24 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post

Both Liriano and Nathan (hell, maybe even Boof Bonser) were more valuable to the Twins than Pierzynski, but to get all three back without adding any pieces? And when A.J. was such a cancer?
I've never understood the fan-hate for AJ....I've always loved his play and, in a way, his cockiness as well....we could use a little bit of that in our clubhouse, IMO.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:30 PM
forthewild

Wow new york won this hands down. we need to keep things in perspective neither dubi nor anisimov will have that stacked team to work with, both could regress. while Erixon is a solid prospect he could be the 2nd jeff carter, he did get out of Calgary to go to New York after all.

wowza, Howson should be fired after this, he passes on a better player (galchenyuk) who is a russian and then trades for a american in Anisimov, dude what the **** is your issue, you passed on having two very good centers in galchenyuk and johansen and then you trade for a ruskie?

yeah if i'm the CBJ fan i'm pissed

Old
07-24-2012, 12:04 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
yeah if i'm the CBJ fan i'm pissed
i've actually noodled on this a little bit more and yeah, the initial shock value of having the bandage ripped off is scary. painful. bloody. and you might not survive...

Dubinski and Anisimov were both pushed way down the Rangers depth chart with the acquisition of Richards.

Let's say that hypothetically, Nash is a consistent 70 point per season player.

Dubs and Ans can each feasibly reach 40 to 50 pts.

The blue line in Columbus ain't half bad...

The goal tending is in question...

But, it could very well be the Nashville model of success. Build from the goal out... score by committee...

Oh who the **** am i kidding, they have Todd Richards! They are destined to see Edmonton win the lottery again and pick 2nd over all, consecutive years.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:10 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

On one hand you have to blame Howson for the return, but on the other hand I think his options were more limited than people might realize. He may have had to settle for the best deal available.

New York still won the trade by a large margin though because they didn't have to give up any of their core to get Nash.

The Columbus fans have to be just pissed tonight. I honestly can't see Howson lasting beyond this season.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:13 AM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Hell, Columbus could come from out of left field, sign Huet, and kick the Central's ass with decent goal tend....

aw screw it. Todd Richards is still their coach.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:58 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Just wanted to post this, because 8 out of every 10 Nucks' fans think that EVERY player wants to play in Vancouver.

Old
07-24-2012, 05:54 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I don't think Columbus' goaltending situation is as bad as everyone claims it to be. Bob and Mason are going to be pushing each other the whole time, each one competing for the starting role. I'm not worried about Bob's sub-par stats with Philly because every goalie that plays for the Flyers has bad stats.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:03 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamapalooza View Post

Have Liriano on the brain because of trade speculation; I meant Santana. Not sure what's sadder - no one caught it the first time or that I made the same error twice.

Closed Thread