HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

greatest Players biggest weakness??

Old
07-22-2012, 12:46 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoipourquoi View Post
So then make it an issue about Patrick Roy caring more about the Stanley Cup Playoffs than a Gold Medal and say that his weakness is that Hockey Canada doesn't mean much to him - just don't make up some BS story about his ego making him insecure about how many of the six starts he would get (based upon Brodeur/Cox conspiracy theories).
I do make it an issue with that, with the door opened that the real truth could be about his ego getting the best of him too. Behind closed doors we don't know what an agent is saying to a player. To be fair, I am not picking on Patrick Roy here. I do the same thing with Ray Bourque. Perfectly healthy and not suiting up for Team Canada. When every other player is doing it and still having success in that particular NHL season then I do have an issue with Roy failing to do so. He would have the same schedule as any other goalie in the NHL. I never saw the big deal.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:33 PM
PelagicJoe

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
fill in the blanks for these three hall of fame talents:

bertuzzi lacks ______, yashin lacks ______, turgeon lacks _______.

bonus: weber parise wants to ________.
Bertuzzi lacks some teeth.
Parise wants to make $98 million playing for a poop team in Minnesota.

PelagicJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:36 PM
PelagicJoe

vCash: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
Forsberg's temper led to him diving, whining to the refs, and slamming his stick on the bench as often as it did to him putting up three points and dominating a game.
Indeed. Forsberg's biggest weakness was he was a whining, diving punk. Same thing goes for Cindy Crosby.

PelagicJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Canadarocks

It's interesting that hardly anybody says that Gordie Howe was the greatest player of all time but he's generally seen as having no major weakneses here. I don't know what about his playing but I wonder if, while players like Gretzky and Orr were better at many individual skills, Howe was the most complete hockey player of all time.

Canadarocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:40 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadarocks View Post
It's interesting that hardly anybody says that Gordie Howe was the greatest player of all time but he's generally seen as having no major weakneses here. I don't know what about his playing but I wonder if, while players like Gretzky and Orr were better at many individual skills, Howe was the most complete hockey player of all time.
Gordie Howe actually has a lot of support as the greatest player of all time on the HOH board. Gretzky probably gets a little more support, but Howe is right behind.

TheDevilMadeMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:06 AM
Canadarocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Gordie Howe actually has a lot of support as the greatest player of all time on the HOH board. Gretzky probably gets a little more support, but Howe is right behind.
He does? I guess I don't read this site enough.

Canadarocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post

.. now, just a minute here. Thats one of my favorite phrases, "I see". Always use it as an opener when Im about tear someone a new one. I can actually relate & empathize with Roy's decision to tell Gretzky & the rest of them to go take a flying jump off the dock. "Im the greatest God damn goaltender on the planet at this moment in time and you expect me to compete for the starting position"?!!!. Excuse me?. What part of my game have you missed?. Brodeur was still a question mark; Joseph was spotty' & Belfour could be, well, erratic?. As in blow into this before you strap those pads on Mister. Yet here you are questioning my resume', my bona fides'?.
It was obvious CuJo was getting the starting job, which Roy was rightfully iunsulted by.

This brings up a Gretzky weakness: cronyism. It was a bigger problem as an executive, but he always had to have his friends and old time Oilers around.

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:56 AM
the edler
Inimitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
This brings up a Gretzky weakness: cronyism. It was a bigger problem as an executive, but he always had to have his friends and old time Oilers around.
same with messier on the new york oilers

the edler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:37 AM
OkimLom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadim sharifijanov View Post
fill in the blanks for these three hall of fame talents:

bertuzzi lacks ______, yashin lacks ______, turgeon lacks _______.
This led me to Wizard of Oz

bertuzzi lacks Brain, yashin lacks Heart, turgeon lacks Courage.

Though it might not apply to Turgeon as much as the others...

Bonus: Parise wants to go Home...to round out the rest haha.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote