HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2012-2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion Part XVIII)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
edit : And certain posters here should really stop it with the "I use so many smilies" stuff. Last I checked, we're allowed to use them in our posts and if there was some kind of obscure rule saying otherwise, I didn't see it.
You're allowed to, but in general, people take you less seriously when there's caps lock or random bolding or excessive emoticons in your posts.

But everyone has his own style, if there's merit in your posts, it will show regardless of what style you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
God I was such a wreck for that game 7 in OT. I remember mentally trying to prep myself before OT started in the event of a Devils loss. Then they went to the 2nd OT, and there was that chance by Madden in one of the OT's where Florida almost won it... my poor heart took a beating during that.

But when they won and advanced to the 2nd round... man that felt good.
I was pretty confident throughout both OTs, after all, we had dominated possession the entire series. But ya, I won't lie, there were moments where I was scared senseless. Such a relief when the Musketeer pulled us through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
If the Devils didn't come around to eventually win this game... I had visions of Zidlicky being run out of town for that DOG penalty that tied up the game.
Volchenkov would have been torched as a scapegoat too.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:48 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

I think the Devils-Panthers game 7 was the most stressful game I've ever watched, and I was there for the ECF clincher.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:49 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

All of Henrique's playoff goals came when either the Devils could be eliminated, or they could eliminate another team.

How ****ing clutch is this guy?

Old
07-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

The ECF clincher was easier to sit through because I had some semblance of hope that we would pull it out despite the Rangers controlling the play. We were proven to be legit at that point.

In this game, I was just waiting for something bad to happen.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:52 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Marty probably woulda got a lot of blame like he did in game 7 against Carolina. Not for losing in game 7, but for that game 3 when he was pulled. I still don't think he was that bad that night. The goals from Goc in game 2, and both in game 6 of that series were pretty bad from Marty. That first goal in game 3 he gave up was pretty bad. He definitely should have had that. The rebound he gave up was even worse than the goal. The second I think he may have been screened at the last second. The third that game he was definitely screened. Not to mention Hedberg came in, and gave up a borderline stoppable goal too.

Those saves on Madden were pretty vintage. I kept wanting to pull a Melanie Brodeur, and close my eyes like she was when they would show here during the 00, and 01 Finals!

Old
07-25-2012, 10:56 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
All of Henrique's playoff goals came when either the Devils could be eliminated, or they could eliminate another team.

How ****ing clutch is this guy?
He was also the only guy to score more than once on Quick in that series. That says a lot to me. His goal in game 4 which was the game winner was my favorite non clinching goal of the playoffs for the Devils.

The ECF game 6 was a little nervous for me. I thought we had to win that to win the series. No way I wanted to try and win a game 7 in MSG. I kept thinking play was gonna be whistled dead before Henrique got it through.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
He was also the only guy to score more than once on Quick in that series. That says a lot to me. His goal in game 4 which was the game winner was my favorite non clinching goal of the playoffs for the Devils.

The ECF game 6 was a little nervous for me. I thought we had to win that to win the series. No way I wanted to try and win a game 7 in MSG. I kept thinking play was gonna be whistled dead before Henrique got it through.
Me too. I was at the game, and after Henrique put it in the net, I hesitated celebrating for a few seconds because I expected a whistle on the play. I only started after seeing the Rangers players look dejected on the ice.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:59 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Whenever I hear Green Onions now, I have to admit... it brings some good feelings back

This NJ/Florida series was criminally underrated.
Sure, our boys weren't playing to their potential... but it was fast, it was physical (without after the whistle nonsense).
Lots of back and forth action.
It wasn't the pond hockey abomination that went down in Pennsylvania, but from an outsider's point of view, this series was fun to watch.

Edit: They're following up Game 7 with a repeat of Game 5?
Is this a gift to Panthers fans?
This was the only game I didn't get to watch during the first 3 rounds. I was glad.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

Ugh, Game 5. *channel change*

Old
07-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsson View Post
Me too. I was at the game, and after Henrique put it in the net, I hesitated celebrating for a few seconds because I expected a whistle on the play. I only started after seeing the Rangers players look dejected on the ice.
When the scramble started I'm screaming at the TV for somebody to put it through cause Lundqvist was sprawling around, and next thing I know Henrique scores, and I see the referee signal with his hand good goal. I was relieved.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Ugh, Game 5. *channel change*
I know. They're gonna show Theodore's shutout, and not Marty's too?

Just looking at stats and realized Parise only had ONE point in the LA series, and it was that goal in game 5 when Quick was not even completely back in net. Kovy also only had one point which was the empty net goal in game 4. He was basically crippled compared to Parise. Parise was probably beat up like everybody else, but I don't think he was legit injured like Kovy, Patty, and what wasn't confirmed Clarkson.

I believe Parise, and Kovy were both only on the ice for 2 goals in the LA series, and they were the same 2 goals. Kovy's empty netter in game 4, and Parise's PP goal in game 5.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:09 PM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

An underrated moment of the run was completely *****slapping the Flyers. After that debacle in 2010, it was incredible to see the tables turned.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:19 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
An underrated moment of the run was completely *****slapping the Flyers. After that debacle in 2010, it was incredible to see the tables turned.
That was probably the most dominant series we've had aside from the Detroit SCF series in 95, and the 06 sweep of the Rangers. The Flyers were really scary looking cause they beat Pittsburgh like it was nothing, and scored 8 goals two different games. LOL at some of their players saying they were a better team than us when we were up 3 games to 1.

Not to mention we could only beat the Flyers in the regular season when Bob was in net. 0-3 against Bryz, and a 4th game where he replaced Bob in relief, and we didn't score on him. 2 shutouts, and some absurd numbers like 0.25 GAA, and 987 save percentage during the regular season. Poni was the only goal scored on him from us in the regular season, and he also scored on him 2 other times at least while he was with Carolina earlier in the year before coming to us.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:33 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
That was glorious.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:38 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
This NJ/Florida series was criminally underrated.
Sure, our boys weren't playing to their potential... but it was fast, it was physical (without after the whistle nonsense).
Lots of back and forth action.
It wasn't the pond hockey abomination that went down in Pennsylvania, but from an outsider's point of view, this series was fun to watch.
The NJ/FLA series was the one everybody pegged to be a snorefest or just plain forgot, but it ended up being one of the more entertaining series of the first round.

Quote:
That was probably the most dominant series we've had aside from the Detroit SCF series in 95, and the 06 sweep of the Rangers. The Flyers were really scary looking cause they beat Pittsburgh like it was nothing, and scored 8 goals two different games. LOL at some of their players saying they were a better team than us when we were up 3 games to 1. .
I loved hearing the Flyers players after the games, especially when they started acknowledging that they didn't know what to do against the Devils dominance in the series.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Larsson
4th Line Boys

No one expected us to dominate them the way we did. Not even us.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:52 AM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Many of us, myself included, kept expecting Philly to have that big bounce back in the next game each time, but it never happened and next thing we knew Kovalchuk blasted home the put away goal from the blue line on the power play.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:56 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

Quote:
Everyone was waiting for the Flyers to "wake up" but no one was giving us credit for putting them to sleep by forcing them to play hockey in their own zone. It was great.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:03 AM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

The way the Devils played in the Flyers series was awe inspiring.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:12 AM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

We just signed some dude off the Red Bulls in Austria. Him and Pesonen can be linemates in Albany

Old
07-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but I stumbled upon this while browsing around on Elite Prospects, listed in their rumor section:

http://translate.google.ca/translate...beauce.com/nou

Judging from his carrer stats in junior, he's likely just AHL depth. But given how quiet things have been lately, I figured it would be worth a little discussion anyways!

EDIT: PariseforPresident beat me by 2 minutes! haha

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
07-26-2012, 01:41 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
We weren't supposed to be able to handle the Philly offense. We handled it by doing to them what everybody said they would do to us.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Rella17

Quote:
That was probably the most dominant series we've had aside from the Detroit SCF series in 95, and the 06 sweep of the Rangers. The Flyers were really scary looking cause they beat Pittsburgh like it was nothing, and scored 8 goals two different games. LOL at some of their players saying they were a better team than us when we were up 3 games to 1.

Not to mention we could only beat the Flyers in the regular season when Bob was in net. 0-3 against Bryz, and a 4th game where he replaced Bob in relief, and we didn't score on him. 2 shutouts, and some absurd numbers like 0.25 GAA, and 987 save percentage during the regular season. Poni was the only goal scored on him from us in the regular season, and he also scored on him 2 other times at least while he was with Carolina earlier in the year before coming to us.
god i remember going insane in game 2 when Bryz was absolutely stone walling us. then Larsson goes top shelf and the rest is history.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rella17 View Post
god i remember going insane in game 2 when Bryz was absolutely stone walling us. then Larsson goes top shelf and the rest is history.
Haha yeah that was frustrating. As much as I can't stand getting owned by Bryz I think a lot of people in the media, and Flyers fans just people in general gave him a hard time. He played better in our series than he did in the Flyers series. Even Lundqvist gave up at least 3 goals a game in every game we won in that series, and 4 in game 5.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Ramsden View Post
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but I stumbled upon this while browsing around on Elite Prospects, listed in their rumor section:

http://translate.google.ca/translate...beauce.com/nou

Judging from his carrer stats in junior, he's likely just AHL depth. But given how quiet things have been lately, I figured it would be worth a little discussion anyways!

EDIT: PariseforPresident beat me by 2 minutes! haha
Lou's trying to find the Brian Rafalski of RW's at this point

Closed Thread