HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit-Top 6 winger wanted

Old
07-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Blitzburgh87*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsie19 View Post
Darren Dreger is reporting Mason Raymond may be available
Tyler Kennedy+

Blitzburgh87* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:19 AM
BADoglick

As a Pens fan, I wouldn't make that trade for almost anyone.

Kennedy, Despres, Lovejoy, and firsts for the next two years for Ryan, Nash, or that same deal minus the second first for Hemsky.

A 6-9 type winger, a first round pick defenseman who's ready to play now and looks good, a 6-7 defenseman; so that's three young but experienced players with low cap hits, plus a first or two to rebuild with, since all three teams are terrible.

BADoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:42 AM
Dylonus

OP is a closet Flyers fan? Please, be true. If not, yikes. That's a ridiculous overpay and I would never consider it.

We needed a winger so bad, but all we gave up was Goligoski and we got an all-star. What the hell are we giving up on essentially FIVE 1st rounders, just for one?

Christ. We could have more than 3 quality wingers there.

Also like how you want to get rid of Beau Bennett. We just drafted him, in the first, two years ago. In case you forgot, he's a goal scoring WINGER

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
2 high potential dman, 2 more than likely late 1sts and some crap ? Last I heard Columbus wanted 2 high end prospects and 2 young roster players. GOOD roster players.
I don't mind what the price tag of Nash is. I don't want him. I can also say that I want 10 firsts for Kennedy, that would not make him worth that - so the same can be said for Nash in a lesser extend. Believe me his is really not worth the pieces they ask for.

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Timbo Slice
Captain Eich

This is turning into a Penguins-Flyers trollfest fast.... oh boy.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Mathradio
Drive for 25

It would perhaps be better if you were allowed any combination of the pieces in the OP (or even just one of them) to get a winger, rather than all of them...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:34 AM
ILovePitt

Sure that's a good idea. You can take pieces for a winger. Add Kennedy and Martin and bortuzzo as available pieces. I'd like to hear what wingers would ne available for various of the pieces. Have at it gents.

ILovePitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:41 AM
Phil68

Pens can sign Semin... If Bobby Ryan is still with the duck during the year, then trade semin fo Ryan.. and that is a fair trade

Phil68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil68 View Post
Pens can sign Semin... If Bobby Ryan is still with the duck during the year, then trade semin fo Ryan.. and that is a fair trade
What?

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
What?
At least it's coming from a Flyers fan

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:18 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil68 View Post
This isn't the NBA...

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Uemoda
Formerly OminousGrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Tyler Kennedy+ for Mason Raymond
Oh, looky there. A deal that makes total sense.

(Granted, it's been proposed a million times)

Is the OP high? I wouldn't trade 2 firsts, Morrow, Maata, etc. for nearly anyone. It's just way too much for one player. Unless it's Stamkos or something...even then, I'd be hesitant. Nuking an entire farm system very rarely works out well.

Uemoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:50 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominous Grey View Post
Oh, looky there. A deal that makes total sense.

(Granted, it's been proposed a million times)

Is the OP high? I wouldn't trade 2 firsts, Morrow, Maata, etc. for nearly anyone. It's just way too much for one player. Unless it's Stamkos or something...even then, I'd be hesitant. Nuking an entire farm system very rarely works out well.
Maybe signed Perry

SIDGENO8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:54 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADoglick View Post

Kennedy, Despres, Lovejoy, and firsts for the next two years for Ryan, Nash, or that same deal minus the second first for Hemsky.

A 6-9 type winger, a first round pick defenseman who's ready to play now and looks good, a 6-7 defenseman; so that's three young but experienced players with low cap hits, plus a first or two to rebuild with, since all three teams are terrible.
That would be a pretty good deal for Nash or Ryan, but you'd be getting hosed badly giving up Despres and a 1st for Hemsky. Seriously, either or, and that is only if you absolutely have to.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh87 View Post
Tyler Kennedy+
What is the + ?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
That's too much for any reasonable target.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePitt View Post
Pens are looking for a winger for Crosby. I want to know what the following package could net us.

Simon Desperate/Joe Morrow
Ollie Maata
Eric Tangradi
Brian Strait
2013 1st
2014 1st

If the winger is signed long term and would be a good fit I would add Orpik or Beau Bennet to seal the deal.
Huge overpatment who ever we get.

Despres + 1st + Roster player would be enough but of those left, there's not much out there that would perhaps be considered "good enough" for Crosby. However, what about;

If Marleau and Clowe are meant to be "available" then perhaps Despres + 1st + Roster player would work for Clowe. Would have to have Martin going to San Jose in the Marleau deal to balance the cap.

Malone for Martin + Roster player/prospect.

Probably the best players out there.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILovePitt View Post
Done if Rick Nash could be had for this
And how exactly does Pittsburgh build a team with Crosby at 8.7, Malkin at 8.7, Nash at 7.8! Fluery and Neal at 5.0.... There's not a lot of room for the bottom 6 and the defense ( which pit needs badly)

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADoglick View Post

I can agree on same deal for Nash and Ryan although Nash is a better player, the value is the same because Ryan has a much better cap hit... But Hemsky for the same deal minus one draft pick? Hemsky isn't close to Ryan or Nash value wise.

Old
07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
And how exactly does Pittsburgh build a team with Crosby at 8.7, Malkin at 8.7, Nash at 7.8! Fluery and Neal at 5.0.... There's not a lot of room for the bottom 6 and the defense ( which pit needs badly)
I am super touched that teams with super ****** defenses themselves feel so torn and anxious about Pittsburgh's defense, but really, we are good. Letang and Orpik earn little compared to what they are worth and the prospect pipeline is churning madly. If there even is someone in on top4 D before the season, then Martin's 5m are out. This is not a huge cap concern. As usual, thanks for worrying so much though.

Old
07-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
I am super touched that teams with super ****** defenses themselves feel so torn and anxious about Pittsburgh's defense, but really, we are good. Letang and Orpik earn little compared to what they are worth and the prospect pipeline is churning madly. If there even is someone in on top4 D before the season, then Martin's 5m are out. This is not a huge cap concern. As usual, thanks for worrying so much though.
Is there a reason why you're getting so "defensive" save that for your team seriously though, relax. Pittsburgh needs more defense than offense as evident last year, it makes no sense to bring another offense player in at that contract when they arguably already have the best offense in hockey. And for the talks about chicagos defense, im pretty confident in saying our top 4 is better than pittsburghs, we just need a legit goalie.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:21 PM
RehnX

Quote:
Is there a reason why you're getting so "defensive" save that for your team seriously though, relax. Pittsburgh needs more defense than offense as evident last year, it makes no sense to bring another offense player in at that contract when they arguably already have the best offense in hockey. And for the talks about chicagos defense, im pretty confident in saying our top 4 is better than pittsburghs, we just need a legit goalie.
Yes, as evidenced by being tied with quite a few teams for being right at the top in goals against, having the 3rd best PK, allowing the 4th least shots per game, and having the 5th best goals for/against ratio.

Oh, wait, were you saying the defense was bad based on a week and a half of games as opposed to what the defense actually was throughout the year?

Pens defense is fine, the concern of Pens fans is a winger that will actually pull defense OFF of Crosby so he doesn't get his head knocked into the next century on a regular basis.

RehnX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:30 PM
TorstenFrings
Co-Trainer

Quote:
"Defensive" is just my style, I guess, this is how I always am.

We simply disagree here, I am also fairly confident in our top4 (+ goalie) being better than Chicago's. Plus I completely disagree with your assesment of my team's needs.

Old
07-20-2012, 06:31 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Maybe signed Perry
That worked out well this offseason huh?

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisp200 View Post
LOL at Voracek for even one of thos players
Wait, you wouldn't trade one of Eric Tangradi/Brian Strait/2013 1st/2014 1st for Voracek?

He's 22 (going on 23) and has 50, 49 and 46 pt. seasons under his belt.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote