HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Max Pacioretty

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2012, 10:05 AM
  #26
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
Dubinsky,Mcilrath,2nd? Far off? I'd love to have Pacioretty on the Rangers he's a perfect fit in my opinion
Last time we traded with the Rangers we got bent over and gave you a player that is untouchable no way in hell that is going to happen again. Price, Subban, Patches and Galchenyuk is our core and we are going to build around them, not trade them.

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:14 AM
  #27
theFiGS42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Last time we traded with the Rangers we got bent over and gave you a player that is untouchable no way in hell that is going to happen again. Price, Subban, Patches and Galchenyuk is our core and we are going to build around them, not trade them.
Yeah sorry for that bend over job for McDonough :/ that was a bad one. I know Pacioretty is your core I was just curious what value he'd bring back, I love his game you have a good one on your hands just keep him away from Gomez

theFiGS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:16 AM
  #28
theboss*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,696
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
Yeah sorry for that bend over job for McDonough :/ that was a bad one. I know Pacioretty is your core I was just curious what value he'd bring back, I love his game you have a good one on your hands just keep him away from Gomez
He did grow up a Rangers fan so if he ever hits free agency you might get him

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:16 AM
  #29
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
Dubinsky,Mcilrath,2nd? Far off? I'd love to have Pacioretty on the Rangers he's a perfect fit in my opinion
Far off. No reason for the Habs to consider such an offer. You wouldn't like the counter-offer, so there's no point in even coming up with one.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
  #30
theFiGS42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Far off. No reason for the Habs to consider such an offer. You wouldn't like the counter-offer, so there's no point in even coming up with one.
I wouldn't mind a counter offer since I'm looking for his value. I don't rage everytime someone throws a crazy offer involving ranger players, it's what OTHER people value OTHER teams players

theFiGS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 12:59 PM
  #31
FanHabtic
Registered User
 
FanHabtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
Dubinsky,Mcilrath,2nd? Far off? I'd love to have Pacioretty on the Rangers he's a perfect fit in my opinion
You gigged us once and you are looking to do it again? Have you NYR fans have any shame?

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:05 PM
  #32
theFiGS42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
You gigged us once and you are looking to do it again? Have you NYR fans have any shame?
It's worth a shot redden for Pacioretty straight up

theFiGS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:22 PM
  #33
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
Dubinsky,Mcilrath,2nd? Far off? I'd love to have Pacioretty on the Rangers he's a perfect fit in my opinion
Staal + Kreider for Pacioretty + Emelin


That's what it would take to pry him from us.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:28 PM
  #34
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 19,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Staal + Kreider for Pacioretty + Emelin


That's what it would take to pry him from us.
I wouldn't even take that. Kreider might very well become Pacioretty (or better)... and he might not. I don't see a need to take that risk. It's closer than the other one, though. But Kreider or maybe Callahan are about the only forward components I'd consider as part of the package from the Rangers. Something that adds to our D without the subtraction of the nice physical element Emelin brings would also be good. And a 1st if it's Kreider to offset the risk factor, say. Staal + Kreider + 1st for Pacioretty + Weber/Diaz/Kaberle. And yes, it's a monster "overpayment"... exactly as intended, given the massive value Pacioretty has to our team. Hence also why I say his value might as well be infinity, nobody is going to part with that for him.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:35 PM
  #35
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I wouldn't even take that. Kreider might very well become Pacioretty (or better)... and he might not. I don't see a need to take that risk. It's closer than the other one, though. But Kreider or maybe Callahan are about the only forward components I'd consider as part of the package from the Rangers. Something that adds to our D without the subtraction of the nice physical element Emelin brings would also be good. And a 1st if it's Kreider to offset the risk factor, say. Staal + Kreider + 1st for Pacioretty + Weber/Diaz/Kaberle. And yes, it's a monster "overpayment"... exactly as intended, given the massive value Pacioretty has to our team. Hence also why I say his value might as well be infinity, nobody is going to part with that for him.
If Kreider becomes Patches, then we win by a landslide. Though I don't think that happens.

Staal is really the key piece in the deal. But the Rangers don't do it anyway. They'll get Nash for less valuable pieces.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:41 PM
  #36
theFiGS42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 111
vCash: 500
Habs fans were right. I dont wanna hear what you'd want for Pacioretty lol. I know a lot of people think Kreider can be similar to him that's why I would want the two on the same team. But in my opinion Staal + prospect + pick would get it down. Staals a proven first pairing defenseman, I understand Overrating paches a bit but don't underrate Staal because of it

theFiGS42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:44 PM
  #37
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis
 
Playmaker09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theFiGS42 View Post
Habs fans were right. I dont wanna hear what you'd want for Pacioretty lol. I know a lot of people think Kreider can be similar to him that's why I would want the two on the same team. But in my opinion Staal + prospect + pick would get it down. Staals a proven first pairing defenseman, I understand Overrating paches a bit but don't underrate Staal because of it
Oh value wise it does. But he's not going anywhere without a potential replacement coming back. Hence the difference in value between Kreider and Emelin would be that "prospect and pick".

There's no other way this trade can go down from our standpoint.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 01:58 PM
  #38
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Staal + Kreider for Pacioretty + Emelin


That's what it would take to pry him from us.
Ew hell no, speak for yourself.

poetryinmotion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 11:58 PM
  #39
Vander Teemuchuk
Registered User
 
Vander Teemuchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 684
vCash: 500
Just wanna say up front that I'm hopeful we do sign E Kane long term soon. And I don't believe that Kane wants out. But when that rumour first surfaced last month, before I had a chance to look into it, my very first panicked thought was we gotta talk to Habs ASAP about Max Patch as the major piece of a package coming back. I don't wanna get into a game about what the + would be because I don't think either Habs or Jets fans would like the other side's answer. haha. Nevertheless, I personally think very highly of MP.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 12:00 AM
  #40
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Staal + Kreider for Pacioretty + Emelin


That's what it would take to pry him from us.
Not a chance. But understandable from Montreal since he's a big, young forward.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.