HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Compare and Contrast: Doug Wilson Vs David Poile

Old
07-23-2012, 11:23 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superroyain10 View Post
When the Sharks hired Johnson, my friend was estatic because he thought Johnson would repalce Sommer. I asked him why he disliked Sommer, and asked me this: List the defensemen Sommer has developed since the lockout:

The top ones I could think of were Murray, Ehrhoff, Gorges, Demers, and Braun. The latter two have a long-way to go.

Of the three, Murray is the only one who only "exceeded expectations". Ehrhof had an incredibly long learning curve which one could attribute to Sommer, and Gorges only blossomed when he left SJ.
I think it's pretty much universally agreed that he needs to be replaced. I really don't understand why that has not happened yet. We have a pretty good development system until the AHL where our players generally end up turning into 3rd and 4th line grinders and bottom pairing d-men. The best players we have always seem to skip the AHL, or spend little time there.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:43 PM
WantonAbandon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I think it's pretty much universally agreed that he needs to be replaced. I really don't understand why that has not happened yet. We have a pretty good development system until the AHL where our players generally end up turning into 3rd and 4th line grinders and bottom pairing d-men. The best players we have always seem to skip the AHL, or spend little time there.
If it was universally agreed upon, he would have been replaced. I'm not sure Wisharts and Carles current status is the result of Sommer failing them. Oh actually Sommer never got a chance to develop Carle and Wishart only played five games under him. Who is this mysterious dman that Sommer has/had failed?

Last edited by WantonAbandon: 07-23-2012 at 01:53 PM.
WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote