HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

David Booth

Closed Thread

Old
10-17-2011, 07:45 PM
mateo1977

vCash: 500
David Booth

What's up with this guy? Seems to be playing less minutes than most Panthers, plus his shots are way down. I don't get to watch much Panthers hockey, but curious nonetheless... Any thoughts?

Old
10-17-2011, 08:05 PM
snipes007

He'll benefit from the return of Santorelli, which should turn that line more into a speed line. That's where his game really stands out.

Old
10-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Erick*

He needs Santorelli back.

Old
10-17-2011, 10:17 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Booth was on point tonight, as were his linemates...excellent effort all around...only problem was they weren't on point together as much.

Old
10-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Montsy14

Once Santo returns, I think the best option is to move Kopecky back to the wing and move Upshall down to the 4th line. Booth and Upshall are too similar,also, I've been fairly disappointed with Upshall thus far.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Booth as easily been biggest disappointment

Old
10-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
Booth as easily been biggest disappointment
Disagree completely.

Watch all of the highlights of our PP goals this season. Booth might not be getting on the scoresheet, but on almost every PP goal, he's been parked right in front of the goalie. He was there on the Kopecky and Garrison goals tonight. I believe he was there for the Jovo goal the other night as well. That's a KEY for a powerplay, and people shouldn't underestimate that.

But i will say that the 2nd line has been the least impressive line so far, and i think Booth needs Santo back.

When Santorelli returns, Kopecky should move to wing, Upshall can go down to the fourth line, and Carter can go to San Antonio or be scratched.

Booth-Santo-Kopecky should be a nice, fast, skilled 2nd line. If they click, then all 4 lines will have some good early-season chemistry going.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:40 AM
Erick*

I don't think Kopecky is a 2nd line player.

I'd like to see Kopecky in a 4th line grinder role/playing a role on both the PP and PK. He's a good PK'er and he goes to the front of the net on the PP so I like him on special teams.

Even strength, I hate watching him and I think he's the reason why that has been our least productive line thus far.

He's a slow skater and he has these awkward moments in games where I'm left wondering what the hell he's trying to do. Like the other night, I could've sworn I saw him pass the puck backwards to nobody on more than one occasion.

I think he's a great 4th line player, and it's no surprise two teams have gone to the Stanley Cup with a guy like him on their 4th line.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

I thought that some Blackhawk fans were saying that Kopecky is much more effective playing on the wing than he is at centre which could be the reason he hasn't been all that convincing early on this season.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Two4Fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Disagree completely.

Watch all of the highlights of our PP goals this season. Booth might not be getting on the scoresheet, but on almost every PP goal, he's been parked right in front of the goalie. He was there on the Kopecky and Garrison goals tonight. I believe he was there for the Jovo goal the other night as well. That's a KEY for a powerplay, and people shouldn't underestimate that.

But i will say that the 2nd line has been the least impressive line so far, and i think Booth needs Santo back.

When Santorelli returns, Kopecky should move to wing, Upshall can go down to the fourth line, and Carter can go to San Antonio or be scratched.

Booth-Santo-Kopecky should be a nice, fast, skilled 2nd line. If they click, then all 4 lines will have some good early-season chemistry going.
Tampa commentators were praising our 4th line a few times...
in another note, I can't stand that "CHIEF" guy, he drives me nuts.

Old
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM
SufferingCatFan

I admire Booth for his skating and grit, but continue to believe that he is over-rated by Panther fans.

Old
10-18-2011, 01:44 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Booth is the player he is, and is probably taking too much flak so early on. He hustles and has heart. He has been screening on the PP, and using his speed to get chances. This situation is so good for us to not rely on him solely for goal scoring, and I'm fairly confident once whatever line he's on starts to click, he'll put up some points. Besides, look at that hair and smile!

Old
10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Booth is the player he is, and is probably taking too much flak so early on. He hustles and has heart. He has been screening on the PP, and using his speed to get chances. This situation is so good for us to not rely on him solely for goal scoring, and I'm fairly confident once whatever line he's on starts to click, he'll put up some points. Besides, look at that hair and smile!
All those things are fine and dandy, but he is going to have to start scoring goals. We are going to need him to be a 20-25 goal scorer for us this year, because there will be times where other players go on cold streaks. I think once Santo gets back, we will see his production increase.

Old
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Erick*

It's four games. I'm rather confident he scores 20+.

Old
10-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

I'd rather our 2nd line be Kopecky-Matthias-Upshall

Old
10-18-2011, 03:16 PM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

Wow. This guy is our only source of entertainment and goals for the last few yrs and the lynch mob is out after 4 games?

Old
10-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Cosmonaut

I'm fine with Booth for the time being. He doesn't need to be thrown under the bus at this moment.

Old
10-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Wow. This guy is our only source of entertainment and goals for the last few yrs and the lynch mob is out after 4 games?
It's becoming the "in" thing around here to bash him these days. He's our next scapegoat. It's unjustified to say the least.

Old
10-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudbranson4Prez View Post
I'd rather our 2nd line be Kopecky-Matthias-Upshall
Well, that's ridiculous.

Booth will be fine once Santorelli comes back. I imagine the two with Upshall will round this team out quite nicely.

10-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Well, that's ridiculous.

Booth will be fine once Santorelli comes back. I imagine the two with Upshall will round this team out quite nicely.
Agreed. Santorelli is the X factor on that line, and Kopecky just doesn't flow well with those two.

Old
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Not worried at all about Booth. He'll get his points. A few others have already hit on it, his chemistry with Santo was really good last season. Loving that this team has 2 or 3 lines that can pot one at any time. The difference in speed and depth so far has been very exciting to watch.

Old
10-19-2011, 09:53 AM
SufferingCatFan

With all of the veteran forwards added to the team in the off-season, Booth's value and role has diminished. For example, how much time is he currently getting on the PP? What are his other stats? Hint compare Booth to Skille over first 5 games.

That said, I agree that the 2nd line in general is not performing that well. Perhaps, the return of Santo will prove to be the spark. Nonetheless, I would continue to be open to trading him as part of the right deal.

Old
10-19-2011, 12:43 PM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SufferingCatFan View Post
With all of the veteran forwards added to the team in the off-season, Booth's value and role has diminished. For example, how much time is he currently getting on the PP? What are his other stats? Hint compare Booth to Skille over first 5 games.

That said, I agree that the 2nd line in general is not performing that well. Perhaps, the return of Santo will prove to be the spark. Nonetheless, I would continue to be open to trading him as part of the right deal.
I'm not sure what you were getting at with that bolded comment. His PP icetime is about the same as it was last season. He gets on avg approximately 3-5 mins of PP time per game. In fact, he's been very noticeable on the powerplay, just not on the scoresheet. Both of Garrison's goals were because Booth was screening the goalie. I believe the same was true about Jovo's PP goal in the home opener was due to Booth being in front of the goalie. Just like Skille the results aren't showing up yet in the scoreboard but it will eventually happen.

And keep in mind that I'm not against trading him either. But the question is how do we maximize value and return assets for him if Tallon decides he is going to trade him. We need him to be scoring well or he'll have limited value in a trade due to the long term of his contract and cap hit.

Old
10-19-2011, 01:39 PM
snipes007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I'm not sure what you were getting at with that bolded comment. His PP icetime is about the same as it was last season. He gets on avg approximately 3-5 mins of PP time per game. In fact, he's been very noticeable on the powerplay, just not on the scoresheet. Both of Garrison's goals were because Booth was screening the goalie. I believe the same was true about Jovo's PP goal in the home opener was due to Booth being in front of the goalie. Just like Skille the results aren't showing up yet in the scoreboard but it will eventually happen.

And keep in mind that I'm not against trading him either. But the question is how do we maximize value and return assets for him if Tallon decides he is going to trade him. We need him to be scoring well or he'll have limited value in a trade due to the long term of his contract and cap hit.
You are speaking facts, unfortunately several people don't care. They are convinced about the type of player Booth is and that his only strength is his breakaway speed and scoring. Now that its not happening, they are convinced he's washed up. You hit the nail right on the head, he's changing his game. He is more defensively sound (he was -30 last year), he is planting himself in front of the goaltender, he is drawing defenders and penalties. The scoring will come because his talent and skill are still there.

He will be a more complete player this year, even if he doesn't stand out like last year. And to me, that's a good thing.

Old
10-19-2011, 05:27 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Great point.

Closed Thread