HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Milan Lucic

Old
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Baddkarma
El Guapo to most...

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Baddkarma
Scott's gonna jump him. He better do it right and smother Lucic or Scott could get himself hurt. Sestito and Karkner to name a couple big guys have tasted Lucic's power and each didn't care for it much.

On the bright side, that action if taken by Scott with then free up Chara, McQuaid, Thornton, and anyone else that wants a go any of the Sabres they deem worthy.

The bigger risk is an injury against a bloke like Scott is just silly to even consider...

07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
SheasRebellion6

I understand you guys in Boston love Lucic and he is a really good player, but don't compare him to Giroux. IMO, Top 4 forwards in the League: Malkin, Crosby (when healthy), Stamkos, Giroux. Giroux has a 3.75 mil cap hit for this year and next year, which makes him one of the biggest bargains in the NHL IMO.

SheasRebellion6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Because the day lucic beats scott I'll call him a great fighter. Okay john scott isnt a hockey player, and lucic isnt a 1st liner
I clearly hate Lucic, but calling him anything less than a 1st line talent is absolutely false. He disgusts me, but he is a top line power forward on any team in the league. I will readily admit I wish Montreal had someone with his size, scoring ability, and toughness, I just do not want him....which is not a problem since he will probably be a Bruins for life.

Yes, Lucic IS a 1st line player in the NHL. Unfortunately...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 02:43 PM
CDJ

Scott can jump Lucic all he wants. I just hope Vanek likes getting run by Chara, Boychuk, and Seidenberg all year.

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Why is this thread about jumping now?

No one will jump anyone. Frankly, no Bruins fan gives a **** if Lucic loses a fight. He's been one of our most reliable goal scorers for the past two years and he still has another two or three years until he hits his prime. He was voted most intimidating in the league by the players, and you can see it on the ice.

So what if he loses a fight? Means nothing to him or us. Don't know why everyone tries to put him down. Lucic's job is to play hockey on the first line, score 20-30 goals, hit anything that moves, and fight anyone that pisses you off. John Scott's is to fight.

Last edited by Dellstrom: 07-23-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Eennad142

Scott jumps Lucic. Chara jumps Scott and puts him in his proper place. Things return to normal. Lucic scores goal. Scott to pressbox. Montreal acts disgusted.

Eennad142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:56 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eennad142 View Post
Scott jumps Lucic. Chara jumps Scott and puts him in his proper place. Things return to normal. Lucic scores goal. Scott to pressbox. Montreal acts disgusted.
Chara is big but that does not mean he's a good fighter. He's worse than both Lucic and Scott.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:18 PM
jmeehan1985

I dont think Lucic is affraid of Scott. I think he will throw down during the year with him and do just fine. Its like other people mentioned Scott should be worried about every other fighter on the Bruins team because past Scott who else do we have to worry about.

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:32 PM
CDJ

I can't stress enough how useless I think John Scott is as a hockey player. He runs his mouth with the Blackhawks about Shawn Thornton, then repeatedly ducks him when they are on the ice together (which isn't often, because you know, Scott sucks and thus does not play).

CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Chara is big but that does not mean he's a good fighter. He's worse than both Lucic and Scott.
Oh, an angry Chara can certainly hold his own... Quite well...

Dellstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Habsrback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
Oh, an angry Chara can certainly hold his own... Quite well...
Lucic and 99% of players would not dare come close to an angry Chara...back to focus on the thread, Lucic is a solid first liner for most of the teams, and worst case a top 6, with a skillset that is very rare. Discussing his value is entertaining but he will remain a Bruin until retirement.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:20 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheasRebellion6 View Post
I understand you guys in Boston love Lucic and he is a really good player, but don't compare him to Giroux. IMO, Top 4 forwards in the League: Malkin, Crosby (when healthy), Stamkos, Giroux. Giroux has a 3.75 mil cap hit for this year and next year, which makes him one of the biggest bargains in the NHL IMO.
With all due respect, Giroux is one of the biggest bargains in the league because he had a huge spike in numbers that I'm sure even Homer wasn't expecting. Everyone knew he was good, but who could honestly say he would be top 5 in the league good? Just wait til his next contract, and that won't be the case. It's not like he's been a consistent 85+ point player and the Flyers got him at a hometown discount.

Crosby
Stamkos
Malkin
Ovechkin
Giroux

I wouldn't count out OV just because he had an off year and still potted 38 goals.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 03:16 AM
Watch for the Yeti

Why is this thread not locked it has nothing to do with trading lucic

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 04:45 AM
Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Can this thread get locked? All there is *****ing about my opinion and Habs fans being ******** about the Bruins winning a Cup and Lucic being "dirty". There is no conversation about Milan's trade value it's just how stupid I am for having an opinion on an internet board for discussion of trade value of Milan Lucic (nothing ceases to surprise me), and Habs fans being ********.

/rant

My friend, you're in the extreme minority with your viewpoint on Lucic, that's why you're getting so much backlash, you should have known coming in, just expect it next time with your extremist evaluations of players

PS: I'd like to add that im a Sens fan, this thread is awesome, and Lucic is my favorite player in the league not on the Sens, cheers!

Last edited by Nation: 07-24-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Nation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:06 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
I dont think Lucic is affraid of Scott. I think he will throw down during the year with him and do just fine. Its like other people mentioned Scott should be worried about every other fighter on the Bruins team because past Scott who else do we have to worry about.
No he won't, because Scott is a pylon who cant play hockey, and Lucic is a first line winger. Lucic already went with Orr and got destroyed, thats what happens when a good winger goes against brain dead ogres like Orr/Scott. Orr was in the AHL last year, and Scott is a worse hockey player than him...if anyone goes with Scott but Shawn Thornton I will be livid.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
My friend, you're in the extreme minority with your viewpoint on Lucic, that's why you're getting so much backlash, you should have known coming in, just expect it next time with your extremist evaluations of players

PS: I'd like to add that im a Sens fan, this thread is awesome, and Lucic is my favorite player in the league not on the Sens, cheers!
Weird, I kinda feel the same way about Chris Neil, but never found a time to say it.

Id love him on the Bruins.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:01 AM
MaritimeHockeyNut
Dark Days are here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
This is ****ing rediculous

I've been a Bruins fan ever since I was born just because I have an opinion STOP QUESTIONING MY FANDOM!!

I'm so sick of this. Why is it just because I have an opinion people have to say **** like this.

LIGHTEN UP.
i dont think its a matter of questioning your fandom as the premise of trading lucic for an upgrade on your top six is ******** ********. thats all. But is Mike O'Connell was still around i'm sure he'd agree with you.

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Lucic isn't getting traded in the near future, or perhaps ever. I could see him in a spoked B for his whole career just because Neely and Co adore the **** out of him.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 10:33 AM
GiveYourHeadaShake

Even comparing their respective performances at similar ages, Shane Doan is a poor man's Milan Lucic. Doan, although 13 years older has now been offered $7.5 million a year by somebody. Doan has also been offered multi-year contracts by every well-run team in the league. The guys signing cheques appear to know how important a player like Lucic is to a team.

When you walk around Boston on a game day, half the town is wearing #17. He stops for photos and autographs around the clock in Boston, and he understands what he is being paid for. He sells tickets.

So you need a Lucic on your team to go anywhere. You also need a Giroux on your team to go anywhere. Trading one for the other is almost always pointless, because it is so rare to have two of either on the same team. Both of them are likely in the top 10 on any wish list around the league.

And once you are lucky enough to get one of these guys on your roster, you should never let them go on purpose.

Also, if you ask Chara, he will tell you that he has no interest in seeing who would win a fight between him and Lucic, who has no pain threshold.

GiveYourHeadaShake is offline   Reply With Quote