HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Aurora, CO Movie Theater Shooting

Old
07-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Duskog
Smugnorance is bliss

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
I wonder what this does to FA's wanting to sign in Colorado in the future. I say this shooting not only effects the victims, but also everything else like sports in the state.

Shootings and stuff happen everywhere but seems like Colorado has the nutcases who go into schools and theaters and open fire.
I'd say it's got about no chance of affecting that.

Duskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
forsbergavs32

vCash: 425
This is completely ridiculous, what a monster. Pieces of **** like him deserve a slow and extremely painful death.

forsbergavs32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:32 PM
AvsWraith

Thoughts and prayers go out to the victims....

What the **** is wrong with people??? Lives completely destroyed for absolutely nothing! Something needs to be done to identify people like this before they act. This **** is ******* crazy! Going down the isle just shooting random people, families, children... It's complete madness. For what? Fame? Just to be a piece of ****? ****ing stupid! I hope an inmate shanks him so whatever fame he gets is very short-lived.

Last edited by AvsWraith: 07-20-2012 at 04:13 PM.
AvsWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Man... that's awful... I have a friend in Aurora and I contacted him... he was going to go to the midnight showing last night (i have no idea if there's more than one theatre/showing in Aurora) and decided not too... Crazy.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Asher

Very sorry to hear about this. My deepest condolences to everyone.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:39 PM
jonesin 4 jones

Hey Bonzai, what's up with that picture you posted of the ticket for the theater? was that yours?

jonesin 4 jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Alicat
Charge!

My heart is breaking for Aurora, the victims and their families and friends.

I am relieved that a childhood friend and his wife who live in Arvada are ok and that the Sales Reps from my company appear to be as well.

I hope all of the posters here are ok as well!

gut-wrenching is the only way I can describe it.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:09 PM
freeboy

yep, CRAZY awaking to my wife in tears .. we live a few miles/minutes from this theatre and where just there a few nights earlier...
I might have gone to the thursday 12 pm, this is the lowest price theatre in the area, and did not due to fighting off a flu bug...

We need to realize that the sickness creating these horrific events is real, and beyond just anger. No justification, just a point that we all need to have change from the inside out.. There we all be exceipt by the grace of God.

We are praying peace and compasion over the lives of all in this area... Thank you for the many calls and notes we have recieved.

freeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:16 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Few people can truly see crazy in a person.... Even if he looked it.... What's really tragic, are the rumors that he posted what he was going to do on the Internet. Similar to the Dawson college shooter's actions...

He said he was the joker.... What a sick ****... He truly believed that what he did was fine....

Someone like that doesn't deserve to have a name... And it's sad because these sick ****s do this for the attention !!

R.I.P to all those who perished in this tragedy, my thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

And for those who would have been there, but weren't due to illness, you must have a guardian angel up in heaven looking out for you. It's too bad the other innocent people suffered a horrible fate..

Last edited by TP: 07-20-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: mod
IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:17 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsPredsFan19 View Post
This was on the avs boards I love this pic Good picture.
Agreed, great pic IMO.

Terrible day to say the least. Someone in the Off Topic section posted a tweet that Warner Bros were considering not showing the movie at all this Weekend. Thats a fantastic gesture from them if they do so.

Even if they dont, shows they're caring, which is so important right now.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:21 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Was that the show before the shooting?

Very sad man people are ****ed up.

BK201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:22 PM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
My fiancee is taking her goddaughter to see it this weekend... when I heard about the tragedy this morning, awful thoughts came into my head. I can't imagine what the families of these individuals are feeling.

My emotions go from sadness to anger, back and forth. Such terrible news.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

Very sad to hear this news this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with all families affected.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 05:15 PM
The Shermanator
Knee Brace Season

Killer told police he was 'The Joker'.

The Shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesin 4 jones View Post
Hey Bonzai, what's up with that picture you posted of the ticket for the theater? was that yours?
No the ticket stub was my friends. It was the showing of the movie when the shooting happened.

He took his son to the movie. They crawled out of the theatre on their hands and knees. They came out unscathed except for rug burns from going across the floor. I feel so bad for his son though. This kind of things stays with you for the rest of your life, especially when it happens at a young age. Anyways, they are both shaken up pretty good. Will most likely go through lots of counseling.

One guy's actions are going to affect at least a hundred people's lives forever - in a completely negative way. They may never go to see a movie again in a movie theatre. Or totally be scared of public places like that. Probably have nightmares on a semi frequent basis about it. At least I know that's what's happened to me after my house got robbed 3 times when I was a kid.

Just tragic really. There's no excuse for what that guy did. But at the same time I feel horrible for everyone in today's society that people just can't get help. Instead of someone reaching out to assist them, people criticize way too often. I'm guilty of it too, but this is just a reminder that at the end of the day we are all humans trying to live on one planet together. Give each other a break.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:35 PM
Unaffiliated

Quote:
No the ticket stub was my friends. It was the showing of the movie when the shooting happened.

He took his son to the movie. They crawled out of the theatre on their hands and knees. They came out unscathed except for rug burns from going across the floor. I feel so bad for his son though. This kind of things stays with you for the rest of your life, especially when it happens at a young age. Anyways, they are both shaken up pretty good. Will most likely go through lots of counseling.

One guy's actions are going to affect at least a hundred people's lives forever - in a completely negative way. They may never go to see a movie again in a movie theatre. Or totally be scared of public places like that. Probably have nightmares on a semi frequent basis about it. At least I know that's what's happened to me after my house got robbed 3 times when I was a kid.

Just tragic really. There's no excuse for what that guy did. But at the same time I feel horrible for everyone in today's society that people just can't get help. Instead of someone reaching out to assist them, people criticize way too often. I'm guilty of it too, but this is just a reminder that at the end of the day we are all humans trying to live on one planet together. Give each other a break.

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Sgarbossy

What a terrible thing. I used to work as an EMT here in Denver when Columbine happened, so I can understand how this changed the lives of not only the victims, but also of those who had to manage the situation this morning.

2 things about this that I can't stop thinking of:

1) What kind of inconsiderate ****** brings a baby to a midnight premiere of a movie like this?

2) This guy had his plan running smooth. Chased out a theatre while killing 12 and wounding 57. Why did he stop? Similarly, if he rigged his apartment as seriously as is being speculated, why would he tell the cops about it? Am I searching for rational thought from a clearly irrational person?

Sgarbossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:37 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:

Holy crow! I'm at a loss of words. I just don't know what to say.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

You would think that when you grow older, you would better understand the world but mans (and often mens) capacity for committing horrible acts of violence I'll never understand.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

My condolences to those impacted by this tragedy

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Hans Landaskog

I can somewhat grasp why people would kill when upset, for revenge etc etc. The fact that he was so calm, claimed to be the joker, and did this for attention all while killing children is beyond me.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 08:11 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgarbossy View Post
Similarly, if he rigged his apartment as seriously as is being speculated, why would he tell the cops about it? Am I searching for rational thought from a clearly irrational person?
Probably because he wanted cops to get blown up.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:29 PM
mercury

Flyers Nation is keeping your region in our thoughts.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 09:48 PM
Xgp

My condolences go out to all those affected by this tragedy. Can't even imagine what their families are going through.

Xgp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:01 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgarbossy View Post
What a terrible thing. I used to work as an EMT here in Denver when Columbine happened, so I can understand how this changed the lives of not only the victims, but also of those who had to manage the situation this morning.

2 things about this that I can't stop thinking of:

1) What kind of inconsiderate ****** brings a baby to a midnight premiere of a movie like this?

2) This guy had his plan running smooth. Chased out a theatre while killing 12 and wounding 57. Why did he stop? Similarly, if he rigged his apartment as seriously as is being speculated, why would he tell the cops about it? Am I searching for rational thought from a clearly irrational person?
The only explanation I can understand so far is that he began to regret or decided it was enough. I have also understood that he didn't live in that apartment - no-one really saw him there, there wasn't lights on and how do you live in a place that is full of explosives? As bad as this already is, I think it could have easily been much, much worse.

Jaymond Flurrie is offline   Reply With Quote