HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Talk (Part XII): Doan met with Rangers on Friday

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 03:10 PM
Killem Dafoe
give me the formuoli

vCash: 50
Duby Erixson Anisimov and 1st? im ok with that.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

vCash: 500
Sign Shane Doan!!!!!!

Old
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

We need to lock up Del Zotto, Stralman, sign another D (Jurcina) and bring in another forward. We have about $9m to do it with.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Hmmm..looking at 3rd line C options, it wouldn't shock me if Sather called up Daymond Langkow or Jochen Hecht, with preference to Langkow.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
ecemleafs

Boyle is our 3rd line center.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:57 PM
JayQueensNY88*

I wanted Ryan and Doan...But now Nash is here so ill take Doan and nash.

Sign Doan 3 yrs..no more than 5.2 per,actually no more than 5...he isnt the missing piece and is 35 and isnt an elite player....5 mill per 3 yrs is plenty fair.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 View Post
I wanted Ryan and Doan...But now Nash is here so ill take Doan and nash.

Sign Doan 3 yrs..no more than 5.2 per,actually no more than 5...he isnt the missing piece and is 35 and isnt an elite player....5 mill per 3 yrs is plenty fair.
I'd rather 6.5 for 2 years. Salary doesn't matter, length is the problem.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Matt4776

vCash: 50
I'm scared of the fact that Brian Boyle is going to be our third line center.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt4776 View Post
i disagree... i think miller gets a call-up less than 2 months in assuming he doesn't start.

potential of adding doan in addition to our recent roster changes makes me drool... and tbh the odds feel high that we're up their on his list-- albeit the pitts rumors kinda put my thoughts aside.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Yes, last year was a disaster.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:54 PM
jskramer83

Now with the acquisition of Nash any other pick up over 3 mil a year needs to be no more then a 1 year contract.

We need to be able to resign Stepan and McDonnagh next year, this should be priority one. Doan should be off the board unless he is willing to sign a one year deal

Old
07-23-2012, 05:02 PM
NYRangers16

Quote:
Question is, will he be as useless offensively as he was last year? And will Torts use him when we are losing?

Old
07-23-2012, 05:07 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Any updates on Stralman?

Old
07-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Still need to acquire a PP triggerman, and tweak our third line.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:16 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Yes, last year was a disaster.
Random thoughts...

I'm a bit surprised that Sather actually pulled the trigger on Nash. I really believed that he was fighting the last war and didn't want to trade any youth. I truly believe that Nash being 28 yrs old played a major factor. Sather wasn't trading for an aging veteran.

I wonder why the Rangers gave up so much to obtain Nash? Didn't Sather know he was the only bidder? Imagine giving Up Dubi before he bounces back with a 20 goal season? AA a useful 15-20 goal scorer at the age of 24. Maybe he pushes the production to the low 20's as he ages? Looks like the Rangers are giving up close to 40 goals aa season so hopefully Nash can help to make someone better? In addition Erixson plus a first rounder? Slats what were you thinking? Maybe CBJ fleeced the Rangers ?

Both Dubi and AA do play a complete game so CBJ should do well. I'm not as knowledgeable as many on this site but I believe CBJ didn't get taken too badly when you consider that they needed to move Nash to help build a contending team over the next 3-5 years. CBJ was going nowhere with him currently so picking up some assets made sense. They received some pieces and put themselves in a position to possibly draft very well next season. Based on all reports Howsen lost nothing by waiting and played the game as well as he could. The market priced Nash and the Rangers offered the best deal. For the moment, I believe, both teams were winners in this deal.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:28 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Random thoughts...

I'm a bit surprised that Sather actually pulled the trigger on Nash. I really believed that he was fighting the last war and didn't want to trade any youth. I truly believe that Nash being 28 yrs old played a major factor. Sather wasn't trading for an aging veteran.

I wonder why the Rangers gave up so much to obtain Nash? Didn't Sather know he was the only bidder? Imagine giving Up Dubi before he bounces back with a 20 goal season? AA a useful 15-20 goal scorer at the age of 24. Maybe he pushes the production to the low 20's as he ages? Looks like the Rangers are giving up close to 40 goals aa season so hopefully Nash can help to make someone better? In addition Erixson plus a first rounder? Slats what were you thinking? Maybe CBJ fleeced the Rangers ?

Both Dubi and AA do play a complete game so CBJ should do well. I'm not as knowledgeable as many on this site but I believe CBJ didn't get taken too badly when you consider that they needed to move Nash to help build a contending team over the next 3-5 years. CBJ was going nowhere with him currently so picking up some assets made sense. They received some pieces and put themselves in a position to possibly draft very well next season. Based on all reports Howsen lost nothing by waiting and played the game as well as he could. The market priced Nash and the Rangers offered the best deal. For the moment, I believe, both teams were winners in this deal.
Who are Dubinsky and Anisimov going to play with to get the 20-25 goals a piece you are speaking of? And who is Nash playing with?

Old
07-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Broadway Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Random thoughts...

This is ridiculous. Anisimov and Dubinsky were going to be 3rd liners with everyone healthy. There's no chance in hell that they would've combined for 40 goals.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:38 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Hmmm..looking at 3rd line C options, it wouldn't shock me if Sather called up Daymond Langkow or Jochen Hecht, with preference to Langkow.
Was chatting this up on the other thread. I think Jason Arnott is the guy to fill that role. Langkow not a bad option either. One year deal only though.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Gross.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
RonGreschner

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
Was chatting this up on the other thread. I think Jason Arnott is the guy to fill that role. Langkow not a bad option either. One year deal only though.
Love the idea of Arnott
instead of Doan's

Old
07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
xxxZENxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
We need to lock up Del Zotto, Stralman, sign another D (Jurcina) and bring in another forward. We have about $9m to do it with.
I think we have $13M per CapGeek. DZ and Stralman should get $4M of that total. So $9M for some bottom six upgrades (Arnott, Langkow, Kostitsyn, Knuble, J.Blake, etc.) and a D signing (Kubina?). The key would be only getting guys for 1 yr deals, so it is just cap space being used that can be regained next summer.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
I think we have $13M per CapGeek. DZ and Stralman should get $4M of that total. So $9M for some bottom six upgrades (Arnott, Langkow, Kostitsyn, Knuble, J.Blake, etc.) and a D signing (Kubina?). The key would be only getting guys for 1 yr deals, so it is just cap space being used that can be regained next summer.
I don't go by the 70.2m cap because it's guaranteed that's not the number we will be talking about once they wrap up the new CBA. I use the $64.3m from last year as a baseline.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:55 PM
silverfish
KEVIN!

I may be in the minority here, but now with Nash in the mix I'd stay away from Doan, even if it looks more and more like the Blueprint Sather wants is Nash and Doan.

The thing about Doan is, bringing him in all but guarantees that Gaborik is gone next off-season. And if I'm just being honest, if you asked me who I'd rather have on the Rangers, Doan or Gaborik? It's Gaborik every time.

I think the way Sather sees it now though, is that he has the selling point that the Rangers are definitely the team to beat in the East when healthy. I don't think anyone else in this conference stacks up from the goal out with Nash in the mix. If Doan wants to win a cup, his best bet is probably NYR. It's a shame we wouldn't be able to bring him in on a 1 year deal.

And as I've said, I'm not in such a hurry to trade one year of Gaborik for two years (assuming Doan signs nothing less than a 3 year contract) of an aging Doan on a 35+ contract.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
I forgot Arnott played C. I'm fine with any of those 3 on a one-year deal, with definite preference to Langkow/Arnott.

Old
07-23-2012, 05:59 PM
SnowblindNYR

I was against Doan when I thought that would be our major upgrade, but at a reasonable contract I'd love to have him now.

Closed Thread