HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Free Agent Talk (Part XII): Doan met with Rangers on Friday

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
The Rangers have two options moving forward during the offseason:

a)sign Doan and bring in a cheap/bottom pairing Dman as a stop gap. Doan, I assume, would be playing the point on the PP. But I don't know how good his shot is from the point.

or

b)address the need for a PP triggerman and bring in a bottom pairing forward. Perhaps a center.

Personally, I like option B better. Its probably cheaper and addresses more needs. Doan is more of a luxury player imo. He becomes a bit overkill since we acquired Nash.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 07-24-2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old
07-24-2012, 01:23 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
Thats not leaving us much money to resign Stepan, Hagelin, and Mcdonagh next year
I see Hagelin getting around a million in raise
Easily covered by Big Macs money taking the 3rd pairing slot
McD and Stepan are serious problems
Drurys buyout money only goes so far, barely covering one of them. Hardly even that.
Suppose we got RUpp off the books too.
Still a problem
Agreed
But hopefully swallowed with a Cup first

Old
07-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Moosehead777

Timing is everything.

We should have had Nash for these past playoffs.

The window to win now closes some.

Your not gonna be able to re-sign every guy when contracts are due.

Guys get older.

Gotta win, and fast.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
The cap is not going to be 70,200,000. If you really believe that then you are just as ignorant as that flyers fan.

And what about Gaborik? Sather said today he expects him back in November. We don't have the room.
It's still high, but that 68 mil includes Gaborik and Sauer.

Old
07-24-2012, 01:54 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
It's still high, but that 68 mil includes Gaborik and Sauer.
I don't think we give $2 million to a ufa defenseman. Still not a definite Doan gets $5.5 million. I mean I guess you can get through the 2012-2013 season and worry about the cap after the year.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
I don't think we give $2 million to a ufa defenseman. Still not a definite Doan gets $5.5 million. I mean I guess you can get through the 2012-2013 season and worry about the cap after the year.
I think we may trade for a Dman and his cap hit would probably be in the 2-4 million range.

I am beginning to suspect that Doan was a contingency plan for the Rangers. Or it could have been used as a ploy to make Howson blink.

Now that we have Nash, I am beginning to think Doan isn't coming. So I suspect that money will be used to bring in another Dman.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Time View Post
McDonagh and Del Zotto will both be getting 5m+ in a few years.
Great!

If either plays that great, they could probably fetch us a 1st-3rd overall pick, or a former 1st-3rd overall pick (like say a Yakubov), from a team like Edmonton.

Getting into cap problems with a bunch of great young studs on your team is certainly no hardship. Look at Boston and how it worked out for them being forced to dump Kessel...

Old
07-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Blueshirt Believer

If Visnovsky wins his NHLPA case, do you guys think the Rangers should try to swing a trade to acquire him? He has about a 5.6 cap hit. He would most likely only be a rental. But it could probably be for cheap.

Granted, he is another lefty. But he has one hell of a shot.

Old
07-24-2012, 02:57 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers Time View Post
Rangers top 4 defenders if I am not mistaken.

Del Zotto/Girardi
McDonagh/Stall?/?

Depth wise, the Flyers>Rangers. Plus I am not 100% sold on Stall being a top 4 guy.
Haha, you didn't win a cup when you had #88 Eric "Big E" Lindblom and you won't win one now either...

Old
07-24-2012, 02:58 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
There is good reason that some people here are on the ignore list. Unfortunately one sees their incoherent venom at times under quoted comments. ignorance is a bliss...

Old
07-24-2012, 03:13 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
If Visnovsky wins his NHLPA case, do you guys think the Rangers should try to swing a trade to acquire him? He has about a 5.6 cap hit. He would most likely only be a rental. But it could probably be for cheap.

Granted, he is another lefty. But he has one hell of a shot.
No, I don't think so.

We can basically make one more move and then we are done for a long time. The one me make better make perfect sense.

Old
07-24-2012, 03:17 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
No, I don't think so.

We can basically make one more move and then we are done for a long time. The one me make better make perfect sense.
Well the guy they could go after is Keith Yandle. But the asset cost would be significant. I don't think they can do that.

Visnovsky is UFA the following season, so as a rental he shouldn't cost much to acquire.

I just don't see the Rangers being able to do another blockbuster type of trade. Its going to be a depth defensemen at a minimal price.

Guys like Cody Franson, Anton Babchuck etc. Those types of players make sense. Depth pairing guys who can shoot from the point.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:16 AM
darko

I think Doan stays with Yotes.

Would love to see us get a veteran D-man. RHD and preferably on a 1 year deal.

McDonagh - Girardi
Staal - Stralman
MDZ - xxx

Adding a PMD makes sense. Someone to take some pressure of MDZ/Stralman.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
I really hope Visnovsky gets sent back to the Ducks.

We should offer a 2nd + prospect for him. He fills a big hole in the lineup. Even though he shoots left, he's played the right side in his time in Anaheim.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:25 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

We should offer a 2nd + prospect for him. He fills a big hole in the lineup. Even though he shoots left, he's played the right side in his time in Anaheim.
Yeah the handedness thing should not matter too much in his case, he has an elite point shot. Essentially he would be a one year deal at 5.6.

I would really like to pick him up.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:35 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post

The isles gave up a 2nd for him, I believe, so that should still be the price I would think, though their 2nd rounder would likely be lower than ours, so maybe we would have to add.

Some of the reports indicate that this will be Visnovsky's last year in the NHL and that he isn't really all that motivated to play. His numbers were poor last year. But maybe if you stick him on the Rangers he'll be motivated by the chance to win a cup.

I like the idea of adding him because he's a proven PP guy and he only has 1 year left. With his 5.6 coming off the books next year, we should have ample cap space to re-sign our RFAs.

I don't think he'll win his arbitration though. And I don't see Snow trading him just because he doesn't want to be there. Either way, I'm not sure we can fit him this year. It would be tight.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:51 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
The isles gave up a 2nd for him, I believe, so that should still be the price I would think, though their 2nd rounder would likely be lower than ours, so maybe we would have to add.

Some of the reports indicate that this will be Visnovsky's last year in the NHL and that he isn't really all that motivated to play. His numbers were poor last year. But maybe if you stick him on the Rangers he'll be motivated by the chance to win a cup.

I like the idea of adding him because he's a proven PP guy and he only has 1 year left. With his 5.6 coming off the books next year, we should have ample cap space to re-sign our RFAs.

I don't think he'll win his arbitration though. And I don't see Snow trading him just because he doesn't want to be there. Either way, I'm not sure we can fit him this year. It would be tight.
Honestly, I would rather spend that 5.6 million on Visnovsky than Doan.

Old
07-24-2012, 06:56 AM
DutchShamrock

Ha, "Stall" isn't a top 4 guy. He's one of the top four shutdown defenders in the league. It's only more comical when a Flyers fan turns his nose up to Staal. Ooohhh we know defense, Chris Therien is our radio guy. They have zero defensive depth. And god forbid someone actually shoots on goal... Bryzgalov was so depressed from last season he jumped in front of a bus, but it went through his five hole.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:05 AM
parcsalooc

"Stall" sucks at defense for a case of Tasty Cakes. I can't stand the Flyers Comcast feeds.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:10 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Now i've seen everything, a Flyers fan say that Marc isn't a top 4 guy.

Old
07-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
How do some of you not know how to spell Staal at this point?

Old
07-24-2012, 07:20 AM
Vitto79

yea I guess with Erixon out they should look to a stop gap on D. Although again if Sauer is healthy then its a non issue.
McD, Girardi, Staal, Sauer, Del Zotto, Stralman, Bickel......thats 7
McIlrath if healthy has a good shot soon. They did sign that Collins and Pyett dudes for stop gaps. Vernance has played in the NHL as well. I dont see them as an option but just saying. Hey Redden fits under the cap still

Maybe Clark, Hannan.....still some UFA Dmen looking for jobs and likely on the cheap

Old
07-24-2012, 07:31 AM
darko

I think as of now we have to assume that Sauer doesnt play at all next year. If he does come back it's a bonus. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Old
07-24-2012, 08:21 AM
DekeR

How does this trade change our style??

How does this trade effect our strategy going forward into next season? I thought we were spent going into the ECF's because of the energy expended with the style that we played throughout the course of the 82 games and the subsequent full 7 game series in the PO's. Maybe we can play a little more aggressively and a little higher in the Dzone instead of dictating perimeter play that takes away our time of possession. Thoughts

Old
07-24-2012, 08:34 AM
jskramer83

vCash: 800
Christian Thomas and Dylan Mcilrath

Can anyone remember two players who wanted to play in New York as badly as these two?

I really love seeing the excitement in there twitter posts every team a trade with their names in it comes and goes. I would like nothing more then for these two to develop, and play together on this team. That locker room would be incredible.

Closed Thread