HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA - Edmonton (Bernier)

Old
07-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
LA - Edmonton (Bernier)

To Edmonton:
Jonathan Bernier
Andrei Loktionov

To LA:
Colten Teubert
Teemu Hartikainen
3rd round draft choice, 2013

Edmonton gets Bernier, that's obvious, but also reunites Hall and Lokti on the second line while Yak and Nuge are on the first. He like Bernier has no spot in LA behind Kopitar, Carter, Richards, Stoll, Fraser, and Lewis ahead of him. Edmonton might be perfect for him.

Kings get back their defenseman who will back up Greene in the AHL or can be the 7th defenseman in the NHL. All of our old men are on defense so it's good for us to have guys like Teubert, Muzzin, Forbort and Hickey there in case someone doesn't pan out as a full time NHLer.

Hartikainen looks like both a Lombardi and Sutter-type of player and may be fully ready one/two years from now with Pearson, when Forbort should be ready too...all before our five/six year window closes.

The third rounder is an asset that can be negotiated up or down and represents the difference in upside between the two Kings prospects and the two Edmonton prospects. It has to be a 2013 pick though for it to be useful or a 1st in another year.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:49 PM
Darnell Nurse
Lottery not Rigged

Done from the Oilers, you can even take out Loktionov and I'd still consider it.

Darnell Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman

Oiler fans are high on Hartikainen, but I think this is very even. As fan of neither team, I think it's as close as it gets to a fair deal.

Xamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:07 AM
markisonfire

Remove Teubert and Loktionov and it is closer, but I don't think I do it from LA.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:10 AM
Reclamation Project
A Warm Place

Never. I'd only trade Bernier to the East. I'd even take a little less value just to see him in not in the West. Great proposal though! As solid as I've seen.

Reclamation Project is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:14 AM
nabob
Nuuuuuuuuuuge!!

Good proposal. I'd have to think the Oilers would do this. Losing Harti size up front would hurt though.

Would have to make sure all players pass a physical first

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:16 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
I wouldn't do it. The Kings need younger higher end prospects back, I don't want Teubert back and that third round pick has horrible manners.

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:17 AM
GoldenTicket

vCash: 50
I like it from the Oilers standpoint. Hate to lose Teemu be we do need help in net.

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
You have to be kidding me.

The Kings shipped Teubert out for a reason. He's worth a fourth rounder at this point.

Hartikainen is a slight upgrade to Lotkionov but Teubert + 3rd + the slight upgrade does not equal Bernier.
Yeah but I'm thinking him as a replacement 3rd pairing guy.

Old
07-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

We can add a 4th rounder to the package of 2013...with extra 3rds and 4ths along with our 2nd from 2014, we might be able to move our 2nd this year into a very late 1st...to CBJ.

Old
07-19-2012, 12:20 AM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Yeah but I'm thinking him as a replacement 3rd pairing guy.
Muzzin is one year older and way better.
If we trade for a D prospect it should be a 19 year old , not a 22 year old

Bad Will Hunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:21 AM
zeus3007*

I'm an Oiler fan and I think its too much to be honest. I also think Bernier doesn't address our team needs though. He'd come to Edmonton to be backup.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:23 AM
pocketful
"We'll see"

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Would even give a second rounder.

pocketful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:36 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
No thanks. I'm happy with Dubnyk.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:40 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Oilers would pass, they just gave Dubie a big raise and told him he's #1. The Oilers also have Roy and Bunz in the system that show promise. They need size at C so Loktionov would be no use to the Oilers. I like Teubert and his grit and he's the only physical RHD in the Oilers system. The proposal doesn't help the Oilers, if anything it would hurt them. They need size to play against the bigger teams like LA.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:47 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Throw in Smyth and you got a deal.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:49 AM
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.

vCash: 50
Oilers pass. Loktionov, (even though I think he'll be a good 2C one day), serves no real need on the roster and Bernier is no more established than Dubnyk. Harski is a good LW prospect with size that has already had some good games up here.

Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Jean Ralphio

I think value wise it's good for the Oilers, but we just gave Dubnyk $3.5 over two years, effectively anointing him our starter. Bernier could definitely challenge for that role, but we'd still have Khabi to get rid of. I'd love to acquire Bernier, but I'm not sure it makes sense for the Oilers anymore.

Jean Ralphio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 01:16 AM
CNS
A World Alone

No interest in either prospect in return for Bernier, ESPECIALLY Teubert. I was glad to see him traded and don't really want him back, especially at the cost of Bernier.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Muzzin is one year older and way better.
If we trade for a D prospect it should be a 19 year old , not a 22 year old
Not at all, if you want a prospect who can help almost immediately, which is our only need, you want the goalies to be about 24, the defensemen to be about 22 and the forwards to be 20. Otherwise they'll be too raw to break in.

Defensemen take much longer to make it and play for a long time. Teubert may still have it in him to play on the Kings but due to his lower hockey sense (but excellent physical make up) it may simply take him longer. Even a guy like Victor Hedman is taking years just to be decent to good defenseman and Adam Larsson is still learning his ropes. The Kings are contenders now and will need reinforcements the next five to six years, with the least amount of need today.

And as the 3rd rounder's agent, I promise to work on his manners.

Old
07-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
No interest in either prospect in return for Bernier, ESPECIALLY Teubert. I was glad to see him traded and don't really want him back, especially at the cost of Bernier.
It's more of a JB for Hart + smaller part of the 3rd rounder and then Lokti for Teubert plus larger part of that 3rd rounder.

Old
07-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Ralphio View Post
I think value wise it's good for the Oilers, but we just gave Dubnyk $3.5 over two years, effectively anointing him our starter. Bernier could definitely challenge for that role, but we'd still have Khabi to get rid of. I'd love to acquire Bernier, but I'm not sure it makes sense for the Oilers anymore.
Fair enough, forgot about Khabi...and LA still needs a backup. How about this?

To Edmonton:
Jonathan Bernier
Andrei Loktionov

To LA:
Colten Teubert
Teemu Hartikainen
Nikolai Khabibulin
2nd round draft choice, 2013
5th round draft choice, 2013

Now with two 2nds, we really can trade up maybe into the late first round. LA gets a decent backup in Khabibulin...I believe his contract is up at the end of the year? And he still has a little amount of gas in the tank. We get a few more small assets for taking on his contract.

Hart will be groomed for third line work to replace Stoll someday as the third line agitator when Lewis or Fraser takes over the center position on the third line. That's why even though we're loaded up at forward, we can use him.

Also, for those saying Dubnyk...he could be the next Steve Mason. Bernier also can be a bust. But if you have both, you greatly increase your chances that you will end up with at least one number 1G. And to be real, although JB hasn't gotten a lot of playing time in the NHL, it's because Quick was SO good and maybe no other non-NHL goaltender has Bernier's pedigree with winning awards and being called the "best" in every league he's played in up until now. Best when he was in Lewiston, best when he was in Manchester...that's not a regular goalie prospect.

If LA was in Columbus' position, no way we trade assets like these for assets I'm asking for from Edmonton. It's only because these assets are very redundant and we want to tinker with the line up so that no matter who is injured on the NHL squad, we have someone in each role or position to call up. Right now our top six is covered by those playing on the third line while Clifford can sub for anyone on the third line/fourth line. Our PMDs have subs too. With Khabi, our goaltending will be deep. But we also have to think two years from now. We can't play guys we just drafted and expect them to be guys Sutter can trust to play minutes in the playoffs. We need guys who are almost or just about ready for the roles we have holes at and Edmonton can do that.

- R
.><.

Last edited by Rorschach: 07-19-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old
07-19-2012, 02:19 AM
oilwings

I'd do it without thinking twice about it. The Oilers get their tender and can grow with the team. Uniting Hall and Lokti again and add in Russian sniper in Yak is just the icing on the cake.

MP RNH Eberle
Hall Lokti Yakupov

Looks awesome

The the Oilers can swing a deal with the Panthers for Ellerby or Kulikov. The Oilers need another or 2 NHL ready Dmen.

With all that then Tambo job's this summer will be complete.

Last edited by oilwings: 07-19-2012 at 02:28 AM.
oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:23 AM
oilwings

Quote:

To Edmonton:
Jonathan Bernier
Andrei Loktionov

To LA:
Colten Teubert
Teemu Hartikainen
Nikolai Khabibulin

Now with two 2nds, we really can trade up maybe into the late first round. LA gets a decent backup in Khabibulin...I believe his contract is up at the end of the year? And he still has a little amount of gas in the tank. We get a few more small assets for taking on his contract.

Hart will be groomed for third line work to replace Stoll someday as the third line agitator when Lewis or Fraser takes over the center position on the third line. That's why even though we're loaded up at forward, we can use him.
Done deal.

oilwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2012, 02:30 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:

To Edmonton:
Jonathan Bernier
Andrei Loktionov

To LA:
Colten Teubert
Teemu Hartikainen
Nikolai Khabibulin

Also, for those saying Dubnyk...he could be the next Steve Mason. Bernier also can be a bust. But if you have both, you greatly increase your chances that you will end up with at least one number 1G. And to be real, although JB hasn't gotten a lot of playing time in the NHL, it's because Quick was SO good and maybe no other non-NHL goaltender has Bernier's pedigree with winning awards and being called the "best" in every league he's played in up until now. Best when he was in Lewiston, best when he was in Manchester...that's not a regular goalie prospect.

If LA was in Columbus' position, no way we trade assets like these for assets I'm asking for from Edmonton. It's only because these assets are very redundant and we want to tinker with the line up so that no matter who is injured on the NHL squad, we have someone in each role or position to call up. Right now our top six is covered by those playing on the third line while Clifford can sub for anyone on the third line/fourth line. Our PMDs have subs too. With Khabi, our goaltending will be deep. But we also have to think two years from now. We can't play guys we just drafted and expect them to be guys Sutter can trust to play minutes in the playoffs. We need guys who are almost or just about ready for the roles we have holes at and Edmonton can do that.

- R
.><.
What part do you not understand, it is questionable if Jonathan Bernier is a starter and is he better then Dubie. Your updated proposal is more of a joke then a improvement.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote