HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Krejci to Phoenix

Old
07-20-2012, 10:06 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

vCash: 500
Krejci to Phoenix

get:
David Krejci
Johnny Boychuck
Tommy Cross
Tim Thomas' cap hit

get:
Keith Yandle
Lauri Koprikovsky
2013 PHX 2nd

Last edited by Watch for the Yeti: 07-20-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:07 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
:yotes get:
David Krejci
Johnny Boychuck
2013 Boston 1st
Timmy Cross

get:
Keith Yandle
Ray Whitney
You can have ray all day long!!

doaner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Ray Whitney signed with Dallas.

If we do give up Yandle, then it has to be a Jumbo Joe or big 1st line kind of player.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Ray Whitney signed with Dallas.

If we do give up Yandle, then it has to be a Jumbo Joe or big 1st line kind of player.
I forgot about the Whitney signing.

Old
07-21-2012, 12:01 AM
YotesFan47

Well in this case I would say no. I assume we wouldn't be paying Tim any money, literally just taking his cap hit for you. Then we give away our work horse with an offensive upside, followed by our best/2nd best dman. In return we get what would be considered on most teams a 2nd line center, and we already have 2 of those, a replacement for Yandle that we don't actually need because we have plenty of talent in the pipe line, and another dman prospect that we still don't need..

When you break it down this is an awful deal for Phoenix. Now if you wanted I think Phoenix would be willing to do something along the lines of Yandle, Korp, 2nd for Krejci, Marchand, and Tim's cap hit. You'll get your dman, clear cap space from Tim's contract, and get a badass in Korp, in return for this you provide us with 2 top 6 forwards we desperately need. Now the two problems with this are A) Yandle is fairly untouchable because hes a good player and he wants to play here so GMDM likely wouldnt and B) its pretty hard to believe that GMPC would want to part with Marchand.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
Well in this case I would say no. I assume we wouldn't be paying Tim any money, literally just taking his cap hit for you. Then we give away our work horse with an offensive upside, followed by our best/2nd best dman. In return we get what would be considered on most teams a 2nd line center, and we already have 2 of those, a replacement for Yandle that we don't actually need because we have plenty of talent in the pipe line, and another dman prospect that we still don't need..

When you break it down this is an awful deal for Phoenix. Now if you wanted I think Phoenix would be willing to do something along the lines of Yandle, Korp, 2nd for Krejci, Marchand, and Tim's cap hit. You'll get your dman, clear cap space from Tim's contract, and get a badass in Korp, in return for this you provide us with 2 top 6 forwards we desperately need. Now the two problems with this are A) Yandle is fairly untouchable because hes a good player and he wants to play here so GMDM likely wouldnt and B) its pretty hard to believe that GMPC would want to part with Marchand.
Wat if we take out Korp and Tims cap hit

Old
07-21-2012, 12:23 AM
YotesFan47

So basically it would be Yandle and a 2nd for Marchand and Krejci? I wouldn't be opposed to that either but I feel like at this point Phoenix might be cheating you. Tim's cap hit is a big piece, Phoenix runs on actual dollars, not cap dollars so his cap hit is a good thing for us being that we wouldn't actually be paying him anything. Keeps us at the floor, on top of that you guys lack cap space and for a player not playing this season it seems foolish not to get rid of his cap hit. As far as Korp goes, hes more so that little extra to make the trade even for both sides. I LOVE Korp, one of my favorite coyotes, but rationally he is a 3rd line player and his value isnt that high. Really this deal is Yandle, Korp, and a 2nd for Krejci and Marchand. Tim just makes sense for both teams.

Old
07-21-2012, 12:50 AM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
So basically it would be Yandle and a 2nd for Marchand and Krejci? I wouldn't be opposed to that either but I feel like at this point Phoenix might be cheating you. Tim's cap hit is a big piece, Phoenix runs on actual dollars, not cap dollars so his cap hit is a good thing for us being that we wouldn't actually be paying him anything. Keeps us at the floor, on top of that you guys lack cap space and for a player not playing this season it seems foolish not to get rid of his cap hit. As far as Korp goes, hes more so that little extra to make the trade even for both sides. I LOVE Korp, one of my favorite coyotes, but rationally he is a 3rd line player and his value isnt that high. Really this deal is Yandle, Korp, and a 2nd for Krejci and Marchand. Tim just makes sense for both teams.

Ya but Marchand is untouchable to Boston so this deal has to be done without Marshmont.

get:
Keith Yandle

get:
David Krejci
Jordan Caron
Johnny Boychuck

Phoenix gets a 1st line center, a potential top 6 fwd, and a Dman that just stacks the PHX defense even more.

Salary cap wouldn't be a problem because both contracts are very similar

Old
07-21-2012, 01:10 AM
DesertDawg

Yandle won't be traded unle3ss if it's an overpayment and the Coyotes don't need a defenceman coming back! They are not shopping him...

Think Krejci and Peverley would be what Maloney wanting back.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:13 AM
YotesFan47

Thats what Im getting at though, Phoenix does not run on the premise of salary cap with exception of being forced to hit the cap floor. They run on actual dollars spent each season. We would be paying out 8+ million for both Boychuck and Krejci vs the 5 million on Yandle. Our defense is already pretty well stacked. Michalek, Morris, OEL, Klesla would round out our top 4, with Stone, Summers, and Schlem on the back 3, this isnt even including Yandle. Then there is the potential that one or both of Gormley and Rundblad make the club, or less likely but also possible that Murphy makes the jump. Also Yandle is considered to Phoenix just as untouchable as Marchand is to Boston. Marchand and Yandle would likely be the key cogs in a trade between the two teams. Krejci is fine, but Boychuck I think wouldn't be a piece the coyotes would be at all interested in. Krejci's value alone is not close to Yandle's value, Marchand however is though because he is a forward its a bit lower, even to a defensively stacked, offensively low team like Phoenix. Both teams would be giving up what they consider "untouchables" to address a need, after that its just evening out the values. Then there is the option of OEL but his value to Phoenix is just as high as Yandle if not higher.

Anyway to sum things up if you want to make a deal for Yandle then you have to think of things in terms of real dollars, not cap dollars and Phoenix needs at least one top 6 forward, though two certainly helps your chances a lot. Lastly don't discount the value of Tim's contract. If Boston is willing to pay it but wants to lose the cap hit, I'm certain Phoenix would be willing to take it off your hands, and that does nothing but help both teams.

Old
07-21-2012, 01:25 AM
DesertDawg

The Cap floor will not exist when the current CBA is dissolved before camp starts (and has no bearing on the off-season). It is a question that the new CBA will have to figure it.

Old
07-21-2012, 01:31 AM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
The Cap floor will not exist when the current CBA is dissolved before camp starts (and has no bearing on the off-season). It is a question that the new CBA will have to figure it.
Yea but the ceiling will and Boston is sitting right next to it. I should have been more clear about that when I was talking about how Phoenix would be doing Boston a favor on taking that contract. In retrospect I shouldn't have even brought up the fact that his contract would help phoenix make the cap floor because there isnt one...

Old
07-21-2012, 01:37 AM
RemoAZ
Stugots

Krejci, Lucic, Thomas' cap hit

For

Yandle, Korpikowski, Prospect, 1st

RemoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 03:23 AM
BUX7PHX

Some of the Bruins do have limited or no movement clauses, I believe. I think that Lucic and Marchand both have such.

I would be interested in Krejci, Caron, and a minimum 2nd round pick for Yandle. But honestly, I would prefer Bergeron to those, and he is definitely a player with a NMC...

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

There are reports that the Bruins are interested in Yandle and the Yotes Re interested in Krejci

Old
07-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

get

Keith Yandle
Koprikovsky
PHX 2nd
gets:

David Krejci
Rich Peverley
Jordan Caron

Old
07-21-2012, 12:10 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Korpikoski.

He's not Russian.

07-21-2012, 12:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
There are reports that the Bruins are interested in Yandle and the Yotes Re interested in Krejci
Rumors ≠ Reports

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 12:34 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Yea but the ceiling will and Boston is sitting right next to it. I should have been more clear about that when I was talking about how Phoenix would be doing Boston a favor on taking that contract. In retrospect I shouldn't have even brought up the fact that his contract would help phoenix make the cap floor because there isnt one...
so what's the incentive to assist the Bruins? And The Coyotes trade them Yandle? And to top it off I believe that Krejci is more expendable to the Bruins (with Bergeron, Seguin, Peverley able to play in the top 2 centers position) than Yandle is with the Coyotes! And then to include Korpikoski?

IMHO, not enough to get Maloney thinking about it...

Old
07-21-2012, 01:10 PM
hbk

A krejci + for Yandle scenario isn't horrific like some of the Yandle trade scenarios that I've seen. It does make some sense.

That being said the Weber and Suter deals have changed the market on top pairing D men. Toss in the local boy factor and that's why I'm in the camp that Boston would have to add something on top to peak Maloneys interest.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:20 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
get

Keith Yandle
Koprikovsky
PHX 2nd
gets:

David Krejci
Rich Peverley
Jordan Caron
Maybe if we remove Korpikoski and Caron? Or replace Korpikoski with Torres?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:44 PM
jdfitz12

PHOENIX GETS
David Krejci
Jordan Caron
Johnny Boychuk

BOSTON GETS
Keith Yandle
Lauri Korpikowski
David Schlemko

jdfitz12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 01:52 PM
SportsRacer21

I like the concept of a Yandle for Krejci trade as I think it would fill both teams' needs since Bruins have a glut of centers and Coyotes have a glut of defensemen. Imo Yandle is more slightly valuable than Krejci since he is under contract for one more year and plays a greater position of need (D vs F).

I think Korpikoski and Peverley are pretty much a wash but Peverley and Caron would give us too many RWs and Korpikoski's contract is too good to give up(they are similar players but Korpi makes $1.5 million less).

I like the 2nd round pick for Caron value-wise as well but from a Bruins perspective I'm not sure they would do it though since they would be giving up 3 roster forwards and getting only one back to have only 10 forwards under contract. Maybe switch the 2nd round pick to Tikhonov if he is willing to come over? I think Bruins would probably need to add a little more since Yandle is more valuable than Krejci so I propose:

Yandle, Tikhonov

for

Krejci, Caron, Arniel, BOS 2nd

Coyotes get an additional young forward in Arniel to help their (awful) forward prospect depth and a 2nd round pick. Bruins get a player who (if he could be convinced to stay) could be a useful NHL player with Korpiskoski-like upside.

SportsRacer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfitz12 View Post
PHOENIX GETS
David Krejci
Jordan Caron
Johnny Boychuk

BOSTON GETS
Keith Yandle
Lauri Korpikowski
David Schlemko

I would do this.

Old
07-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer21 View Post
I like the concept of a Yandle for Krejci trade as I think it would fill both teams' needs since Bruins have a glut of centers and Coyotes have a glut of defensemen. Imo Yandle is more slightly valuable than Krejci since he is under contract for one more year and plays a greater position of need (D vs F).

I think Korpikoski and Peverley are pretty much a wash but Peverley and Caron would give us too many RWs and Korpikoski's contract is too good to give up(they are similar players but Korpi makes $1.5 million less).

I like the 2nd round pick for Caron value-wise as well but from a Bruins perspective I'm not sure they would do it though since they would be giving up 3 roster forwards and getting only one back to have only 10 forwards under contract. Maybe switch the 2nd round pick to Tikhonov if he is willing to come over? I think Bruins would probably need to add a little more since Yandle is more valuable than Krejci so I propose:

Yandle, Tikhonov

for

Krejci, Caron, Arniel, BOS 2nd

Coyotes get an additional young forward in Arniel to help their (awful) forward prospect depth and a 2nd round pick. Bruins get a player who (if he could be convinced to stay) could be a useful NHL player with Korpiskoski-like upside.

I would also do this .