HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Krejci to Phoenix

Old
07-21-2012, 03:05 PM
YotesFan47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsRacer21 View Post
I like the concept of a Yandle for Krejci trade as I think it would fill both teams' needs since Bruins have a glut of centers and Coyotes have a glut of defensemen. Imo Yandle is more slightly valuable than Krejci since he is under contract for one more year and plays a greater position of need (D vs F).

I think Korpikoski and Peverley are pretty much a wash but Peverley and Caron would give us too many RWs and Korpikoski's contract is too good to give up(they are similar players but Korpi makes $1.5 million less).

I like the 2nd round pick for Caron value-wise as well but from a Bruins perspective I'm not sure they would do it though since they would be giving up 3 roster forwards and getting only one back to have only 10 forwards under contract. Maybe switch the 2nd round pick to Tikhonov if he is willing to come over? I think Bruins would probably need to add a little more since Yandle is more valuable than Krejci so I propose:

Yandle, Tikhonov

for

Krejci, Caron, Arniel, BOS 2nd

Coyotes get an additional young forward in Arniel to help their (awful) forward prospect depth and a 2nd round pick. Bruins get a player who (if he could be convinced to stay) could be a useful NHL player with Korpiskoski-like upside.
I think I could live with that trade, it's not ideal but certainly fair. Now someone go talk to both GMs and get the ball rolling.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

get:

Yandle, Tikhonov

Krejci, Caron, BOS 2nd

*Arneil isnt a Bruin anymore

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 04:05 PM
DesertDawg

I still don't see an over payment!
Rather have Peverley than Caron. Heck rather have Bergeron than Krejci.
Don't mind giving up on Tikhonov.
so here is my counter offer
Bergeron and Peverley
for
Yandle and Tikhonov (and we'll let you keep your 2nd and even throw in Goncharov)

DesertDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
I still don't see an over payment!
Rather have Peverley than Caron. Heck rather have Bergeron than Krejci.
Don't mind giving up on Tikhonov.
so here is my counter offer
Bergeron and Peverley
for
Yandle and Tikhonov (and we'll let you keep your 2nd and even throw in Goncharov)
no bergeron

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 06:04 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
no bergeron
then Seguin

Old
07-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
then Seguin
I assume asking for Bergeron or Seguin is a sly way of saying this thread has run it's course?

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:02 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

What would people say to Krejci and Peverley for Yandle and Torres?

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 07:18 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
I assume asking for Bergeron or Seguin is a sly way of saying this thread has run it's course?
I was hoping to get a response, so I could say that Krejci was the 3rd line center and to give up Yandle for a 3rd line center. I know borderline troll, just trying to emphasize that Krejci is more expendable than Yandle. Also wanted to show that if Krejci is projected as a #1, then why shouldn't the Coyotes choose which #1 fits better with the Coyotes (and the same with having too many RWers)... but alas, the Coyotes should take what is offered, and just deal with it!

Old
07-21-2012, 07:47 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
I was hoping to get a response, so I could say that Krejci was the 3rd line center and to give up Yandle for a 3rd line center. I know borderline troll, just trying to emphasize that Krejci is more expendable than Yandle. Also wanted to show that if Krejci is projected as a #1, then why shouldn't the Coyotes choose which #1 fits better with the Coyotes (and the same with having too many RWers)... but alas, the Coyotes should take what is offered, and just deal with it!
Seguin has played primarily wing so far as a pro. Bergeron is basically the real captain on that team from every video I've seen of behind the scenes stuff. Krejci's a quieter player. A smart two way guy who is an offensive catalyst. I think the Bruins should hang onto all three. They've got a good mix up front. I might be more interested in a smaller deal based on Rundblad for Peverley.

Old
07-21-2012, 08:42 PM
DesertDawg

I don't know if Seguin will stay at RW in the future and the comment was almost trolling (try to set it up to troll). Peverley is on my wish list, he is a Coach Tippet kinda guy! For Runblad, though? He would be very effective playing opposite Chara. I would imagine the Bruins would want more than Rundblad.

Old
07-21-2012, 09:58 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

No way GMDM moves Yandle without getting a 1st line forward, ideally center, in return. Not happening. If Bruins want SY, and we know they do, then Bergeron or Seguin need to come to AZ in return.

If Bruins want to move Krejci the Yotes might offer Gormley, Korpi and #2....something like that, but doubt Boston bites on that.

There is a huge market for #1 d-men and Bruins are logical trade partners but a deal needs to make sense for both teams.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 09:58 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Though I'd rather pursue Bergeron (fat chance of him being available), I'd also really like to see Krejci as a Yote.

Boedker - Krejci - Vrbata
Sullivan - Vermette - Doan
Korpikowski - Hanzal - Moss
Torres - Gordon - Chipchura

A very solid forward group. That being said, I wouldn't trade Krejci for Yandle straight up. Would certainly consider giving up Rundblad/Gormley+, but I doubt the Bruins would bite.

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:17 PM
DesertDawg

I wonder if Krejci would give Korpikoski a career season. Peverley would be a cheaper acquisition and be a good fit.
Like what I saw during the playoffs with Boedker and Doan playing Vermette's wings. Expect Sullivan to play on a line with Hanzal and Vrbata, which leaves the need for a center to match up with Korpikoski.

Old
07-21-2012, 10:24 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Peverley would be an acquisition I wouldn't mind making. Still, can't help but remember this

IPreferPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2012, 10:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

You do NOT blaspheme the Raptor Jesus.

Old
07-22-2012, 12:23 AM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Though I'd rather pursue Bergeron (fat chance of him being available), I'd also really like to see Krejci as a Yote.

Boedker - Krejci - Vrbata
Sullivan - Vermette - Doan
Korpikowski - Hanzal - Moss
Torres - Gordon - Chipchura

A very solid forward group. That being said, I wouldn't trade Krejci for Yandle straight up. Would certainly consider giving up Rundblad/Gormley+, but I doubt the Bruins would bite.
I figured it would look something more along the lines of this:

Boedker - Kerjci - Doan
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Vermette - Moss
Chipchura - Gordon - Johnson

Torres and Bissonnette as backups.

Wouldnt surprise me at all to see Vermette centering the 3rd line with Korp and Moss. If it were me I would also be looking to add a top 6 winger as well and have Doan play the 3rd line RW instead of Moss and move him into Johnson's place. That would give us 3 backups, 4 dangerous lines, and quite frankly Doan is getting older, I love his leadership and he can still produce but I think we are going to see another decline in his numbers this year. Might be better to rely on him more as a shut down guy and leader.

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:36 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
I figured it would look something more along the lines of this:

Boedker - Kerjci - Doan
Sullivan - Hanzal - Vrbata
Korpikoski - Vermette - Moss
Chipchura - Gordon - Johnson

Torres and Bissonnette as backups.

Wouldnt surprise me at all to see Vermette centering the 3rd line with Korp and Moss. If it were me I would also be looking to add a top 6 winger as well and have Doan play the 3rd line RW instead of Moss and move him into Johnson's place. That would give us 3 backups, 4 dangerous lines, and quite frankly Doan is getting older, I love his leadership and he can still produce but I think we are going to see another decline in his numbers this year. Might be better to rely on him more as a shut down guy and leader.
Torres as a backup, you are insane. Dude is a gamer, and I love him.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 06:32 AM
Mortenson

Yandle for Krejci, Caron would be fair IMO.

Mortenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:04 AM
DesertDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortenson View Post
Yandle for Krejci, Caron would be fair IMO.
don't care about what the Bruins perceive as fair. Only if the trade would help the Coyotes next season. I think that losing Yandle would hurt more than gaining Krejci and Yandle is the best player in the deal. I think what would be fair is Yandle for Krejci and Peverley and then I would expect Maloney to want more...