HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Who has the best chance of reaching their potential

Old
07-23-2012, 05:06 AM
jesui

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Niinimaa View Post
I'm sorry, he was actually just dropped from the squad. 18 goals in FEL, that's nothing. And he had league MVP Zaborsky on the other wing. Subpar production in a top-3 regular season team doesn't impress me, neither suggests that he might produce 30+ goals in NHL.

What's common between Armia and Leino is the intermittent laziness, lack of guts that turns into stupid decisions when they try to make offensive plays from no-offensive zone, because they're too scared to skate there.

Let's just hope the kid's not similar stuck-up "wizard" like your 2011 UFA-bust.

How many Ässät's game did you see last season? Armia and Zaborsky played like 2 games in a same line last season.

First half of the season wasn't good from Armia, but the last half he produce PPG and was one of the best in whole FEL, as a 18years old.
Most of the games he played with Uusikartano at center and santavuori/Aaltonen as a other wing.
All of them are very avarage FEL players.
Because of that he was forced too much to make the plays. He is at his best as a sniper, but can play as a playmaker at good level, IMO his hockeysense is very underrated.

Also Armia was one of the hardest hitting players from Ässät and is definetly not afraid of contact. He is still a bit lanky and because of that he may seem a bit "lazy" at times.

I'm not going to even go at that bs what you wrote FEL being 6-7th best league in europe.

Edit: Ässät finished 5th the regular season, not top-3. Pretty much everything you wrote was incorrect, get out of here gringo.

Last edited by jesui: 07-23-2012 at 05:21 AM.
jesui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:07 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
everybody but Hodgson who will be a 50 point 2nd line winger until he gets traded for Kassian.
At what point is this considered trolling since this same poster posts this same thing every time hodgeson is mentioned, just to get a rise out of other posters?

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:10 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesui View Post

How many Ässät's game did you see last season? Armia and Zaborsky played like 2 games in a same line last season.

First half of the season wasn't good from Armia, but the last half he produce PPG and was one of the best in whole FEL, as a 18years old.
Most of the games he played with Uusikartano at center and santavuori/Aaltonen as a other wing.
All of them are very avarage FEL players.
Because of that he was forced too much to make the plays. He is at his best as a sniper, but can play as a playmaker at good level, IMO his hockeysense is very underrated.

Also Armia was one of the hardest hitting players from Ässät and is definetly not afraid of contact. He is still a bit lanky and because of that he may seem a bit "lazy" at times.

I'm not going to even go at that bs what you wrote FEL being 6-7th best league in europe.

Edit: Ässät finished 5th the regular season, not top-3. Pretty much everything you wrote was incorrect, get out of here gringo.
Thank you for chiming in. I too didn't bother with the "FEL being 6-7th best league in Europe" because that was so ridiculous. It's seen better days and the KHL and SEL are both certainly better, but I can't imagine where all these other better leagues would be coming from.

Armia may not be a Peter Forsberg but from all indications (and from what I've seen) his physical game has come along nicely as he's become more accustomed to playing against men. The two things that matter most physically for a sniper like Armia are a willingness to win puck battles and an ability to protect the puck. Hitting's just a bonus. And as far as him being called lazy, people called Super Mario lazy as well and those same people are going to call Grigorenko lazy. Anyone who isn't a super-speedy guy flying around or constantly throwing hits gets called lazy at some point.

Rob Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:13 PM
King Niinimaa*

You should put DEL and Swiss league above FEL. I'd say Czech league as well.

So Armia can play half of the season with PPG. So he's like FEL's Andrei Kostitsyn?
Can't wait to see him bombing 30+ goals year after year...

King Niinimaa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Girgensons will one day considered the best of the bunch IMO....

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:14 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:

So Armia can play half of the season with PPG. So he's like FEL's Andrei Kostitsyn?
Can't wait to see him bombing 30+ goals year after year...
No, no, and no.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Dropkick Murphy

Quote:
And you should give iPad back to daddy and finish your homework before supper.

I would say that next season will tell very much about what to expect from Armia in NHL. If hes establish himself as consistent performer and +30 goal scorer in FEL, he's NHL ready. Otherwise, it will be a long walk. The major issue with him is the ability to be consistent contributor to team even when he's not scoring.

Dropkick Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote