HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Hershey (AHL) and Reading (ECHL) 2012-13 Season

Old
04-14-2013, 08:36 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
He's never put up points in the NHL before. I mean, I think if you like his skills (I don't know that Taffe is that guy, but with a guy like, say, Aucoin) you should take a chance and give him 4th line minutes rather than give them to a low-impact grinder but... as I said I don't think Taffe's that guy. He doesn't have the scoring or defensive/physical value to stick at this level. There are many like him.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:40 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Reading wins again, 5-0 in their 4th shutout of the series. They advance to the next round of the Kelly Cup playoffs.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 08:59 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
This guy is #1 in AHL scoring and had 5 assists last night.

I don't understand why GMGM never calls up these guys.

Giroux and Aucoin in recent years.

This guy is never talked about as being a call up because of his age but i'm sure it would be better to give that roster spot to him rather than Wolski/Schultz/Volpatti/Chimera

This guy puts up points and i'm just wondering if he will ever be called up or what are your thoughts on him.
McPhee called up both Giroux and Aucoin. Giroux got 30 games with the Caps over three seasons while in Hershey. Had a grand total of 9 points. Aucoin got 27 games last year alone, and even stuck around for the playoffs. It was probably the most maligned decision that McPhee/Hunter made last year, so I'm not sure why you're calling for more of it. Both of them have been given plenty of NHL shots, and simply aren't useful players for competitive teams in the NHL. It took until this season for Aucoin to stick with an NHL team all year.

There are plenty of guys who can score at lower levels who can't translate into productive players in the NHL.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2013, 09:16 PM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
This guy is #1 in AHL scoring and had 5 assists last night.

I don't understand why GMGM never calls up these guys.

Giroux and Aucoin in recent years.

This guy is never talked about as being a call up because of his age but i'm sure it would be better to give that roster spot to him rather than Wolski/Schultz/Volpatti/Chimera

This guy puts up points and i'm just wondering if he will ever be called up or what are your thoughts on him.
Cue a picture of Aucoin standing next to the net on the PP in last year's playoffs.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:33 AM
Kegger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
He's played left wing at times apparently.
His own "Kreider" type experiment for the playoffs?

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:29 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

Thanks for the Latta Report Champs, keep them coming.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
hb11xchamps

Lurch only comes around when the Bears are doing bad. Dude look at the list of prospects that Hershey is going to have the next few years. The farm is getting restocked. It still amazes me that no matter what facts or stats have been said, you still bash the Caps. Quit being a baby

hb11xchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 10:43 AM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Thanks for the Latta Report Champs, keep them coming.
I haven't been able to catch any of their away games. It's coming down to crunch time at school but I will be able to catch the home game this Sunday. Will be able to report more on Latta, Schmidt, and anyone else that could be assigned to the Bears over the week.

Old
04-15-2013, 10:58 AM
RandyHolt
Kuz My Arse Beach

I look forward to any feedback you can give. I like that he is showing some creativity in passing the puck. Some here were trying to poo poo the trade by saying he compares to Kevin Kaminski

Bob MacKenzie said he heard that he was close to being NHL ready, if not already.

Thanks

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:42 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Not quite right. Most Caps fans could care less about the Bears other than player development. As long as we feed you players, you would be just as happy if the Bears or Reading never won a game. Take a look at the Caps Facebook page anytime there is a Bears post, most comment's are negative. Most Bears season ticket holders care a little about the Bears I doubt the same could be said for our friends in DC.

Also, prior to this most recent run, most Caps fans wanted GMGM gone. We are also effected by his choices, but we have no right to complain?

We will not make the playoffs for only the 12th time in our 75 year franchise history this year, I guess we should be happy with three back to back disgraceful years. Maybe GMGM should saddle us with another co-coach to "help" us.
False. Caps fans (on twitter, for example) have always shown a lot of support for the Bears.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 11:46 AM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
False. Caps fans (on twitter, for example) have always shown a lot of support for the Bears.
Don't bother.

Does anyone know if playing Schmidt at LW was just a way to get him into more games or an actual attempt to move him there?

Old
04-15-2013, 12:33 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Don't bother.

Does anyone know if playing Schmidt at LW was just a way to get him into more games or an actual attempt to move him there?
I think it's exploring all possible options.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 01:00 PM
Mystlyfe
We're Touched

Quote:
Don't bother.

Bears have gone from being shallow on defense to overloaded pretty quickly now that Orlov and Kundratek are back in Hershey, they traded for Genoway, and Schmidt was signed. Seems like just an experiment to try and see how many of their more talented players they can get on the ice at once.

Mystlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:19 PM
Lurch

Everyone on this thread is correct. GMGM is the best GM in the league with regard to how he treats the AHL affiliate, but the worst in the league as far as his own team. Gotcha, makes perfect sense. I guess I didn't realize that the piss poor job he does up top has no effect on the rest of the system.

Typical Caps reaction to Bears news below.

Washington Capitals
45 minutes ago
NEWS: Capitals Re-sign Ryan Stoa - http://capitals.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665868
2Like · · Share
67 people like this.

Steven Fisher YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Like · Reply · 42 minutes ago via mobile

Esko Pesälä C'mon, re-sign Ribs now!
Like · Reply · 5 · 39 minutes ago · Edited

Jeffrey Sharma Amazing news. Years from now ill look back at the day the caps signed Stoa and absolutely changed of the franchise for ever.
Like · Reply · 2 · 33 minutes ago

Tony Vaccaro They have been trying to re-sign him.
Like · Reply · 32 minutes ago via mobile

Russell Phillips Sign RIBZ NOW!

Tony Vaccaro I love how you people think it's as easy as saying re-sign him. He's already turned down the Caps offer
Like · Reply · 27 minutes ago via mobile

Andy Strakna Who?
Like · Reply · 14 minutes ago via mobile

Jamie Powell There's no rush to re-sign Ribs, Oates has plenty of time, and even Ribeiro has said he doesn't want to go anywhere!
Like · Reply · 11 minutes ago

Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:31 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Everyone on this thread is correct. GMGM is the best GM in the league with regard to how he treats the AHL affiliate, but the worst in the league as far as his own team. Gotcha, makes perfect sense. I guess I didn't realize that the piss poor job he does up top has no effect on the rest of the system.

Washington Capitals
45 minutes ago
NEWS: Capitals Re-sign Ryan Stoa - http://capitals.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665868
2Like · · Share
67 people like this.

Steven Fisher YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Like · Reply · 42 minutes ago via mobile

Esko Pesälä C'mon, re-sign Ribs now!
Like · Reply · 5 · 39 minutes ago · Edited

Jeffrey Sharma Amazing news. Years from now ill look back at the day the caps signed Stoa and absolutely changed of the franchise for ever.
Like · Reply · 2 · 33 minutes ago

Tony Vaccaro They have been trying to re-sign him.

Russell Phillips Sign RIBZ NOW!

Tony Vaccaro I love how you people think it's as easy as saying re-sign him. He's already turned down the Caps offer
Like · Reply · 27 minutes ago via mobile

Andy Strakna Who?
Like · Reply · 14 minutes ago via mobile

Jamie Powell There's no rush to re-sign Ribs, Oates has plenty of time, and even Ribeiro has said he doesn't want to go anywhere!
Like · Reply · 11 minutes ago
So you hate the Capitals or their management? Never seen a fan hating their affiliate.

msrulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:44 PM
Langway
Floatvechkin

Quote:
Breaking: There are meanies on social media.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 03:56 PM
Liberati0n
Jesus Christ Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
Breaking: There are meanies on social media.
You're trolling again.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Lurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by msrulo View Post
So you hate the Capitals or their management? Never seen a fan hating their affiliate.
Management.

The Caps have quite a few Bears alum and I am beyond pleased that some of those guys are seeing their dreams come true. I have family that played for the Bears and the Mathers are close personal friends. Because of my (admittedly tangential) relationship with the organization, I am often invited downstairs to meet the boys and their families. I have visited their homes and they have visited mine. I could never root against the boys when they get their shot. Some of those boys are like extended family to me.

The frustration I have with Caps management is nothing you would not hear if you were to visit with some of the Hershey staff and talk to them off the record over beers.

Old
04-15-2013, 04:50 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Management.

The Caps have quite a few Bears alum and I am beyond pleased that some of those guys are seeing their dreams come true. I have family that played for the Bears and the Mathers are close personal friends. Because of my (admittedly tangential) relationship with the organization, I am often invited downstairs to meet the boys and their families. I have visited their homes and they have visited mine. I could never root against the boys when they get their shot. Some of those boys are like extended family to me.

The frustration I have with Caps management is nothing you would not hear if you were to visit with some of the Hershey staff and talk to them off the record over beers.
Well said

As a Caps fan, I am beyond relieved of management. But I'm sticking to my hopes their will be change. 16 years of George McPhee is tiring.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:50 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Don't bother.

To my understanding it was a combination of a few things. Carman was banged up, Rechlicz had no one's face to beat in, and the Caps/Bears are trying to limit Stoa's games so he isn't a veteran next year.

Old
04-15-2013, 07:55 PM
hb11xchamps

Quote:
Management.

Anyone can say they are friends with Hershey staff and players. If the Bears are really not please with the Capitals then why would they renew the affiliation? Are u talking to the janitor over a few brews?

Old
04-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Lurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb11xchamps View Post
Anyone can say they are friends with Hershey staff and players. If the Bears are really not please with the Capitals then why would they renew the affiliation? Are u talking to the janitor over a few brews?
I haven't talked to Doug for a few weeks and I am fairly certain he wouldn't share anything more than the company line if I asked him when I (most likely) see him Sunday. If you have been around hockey any amount of time you would know that the ancillary staff has a very good idea of what is going and are more likely willing to share with their friends.

My uncle won the Calder Cup with the Bears and I have made a few friends in the organization through him over the years. If you want to dismiss my statements, I really could care less. After the nasty comments I recieved the first time I posted some of the grumbling a coming from the locker room I refrained from any further comment. I only posted the news article announcing the 1 year extension when another **** stirrer jumped on me.

If you want to keep calling me out, I again invite you to introduce yourself to me at a game.

Old
04-15-2013, 09:20 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

So much irony in that post.

You *****ed and moaned about how the Caps ignored the Bears. Then, when a half-dozen moves were made for the Bears, you whine still.

And others are the ****-stirrers?

For someone supposedly so connected with the organization, you'd realize that most of the minor league moves made would be put together by Yingst, and McPhee would simply sign off on them.

Don't like the particular moves made? Blame Yingst. The Caps have given your team two NHL defensemen in the last month.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2013, 09:24 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
So much irony in that post.

You *****ed and moaned about how the Caps ignored the Bears. Then, when a half-dozen moves were made for the Bears, you whine still.

And others are the ****-stirrers?

For someone supposedly so connected with the organization, you'd realize that most of the minor league moves made would be put together by Yingst, and McPhee would simply sign off on them.

Don't like the particular moves made? Blame Yingst. The Caps have given your team two NHL defensemen in the last month.
McPhee has to think before he signs off, don't ya think?

Old
04-15-2013, 09:28 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
I haven't talked to Doug for a few weeks and I am fairly certain he wouldn't share anything more than the company line if I asked him when I (most likely) see him Sunday. If you have been around hockey any amount of time you would know that the ancillary staff has a very good idea of what is going and are more likely willing to share with their friends.

My uncle won the Calder Cup with the Bears and I have made a few friends in the organization through him over the years. If you want to dismiss my statements, I really could care less. After the nasty comments I recieved the first time I posted some of the grumbling a coming from the locker room I refrained from any further comment. I only posted the news article announcing the 1 year extension when another **** stirrer jumped on me.

If you want to keep calling me out, I again invite you to introduce yourself to me at a game.
Lurch,

I know you are getting jumped on a bit here but it is basically due to:

Quote:
15) Outlandish claims of inside information: This is subjective and will be at the discretion of the moderator after consulting with other posters and other administrators. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fa...b3_board_usage

You know how it is with the internets as people can claim anything they want (even if it is true). Personal opinions are naturally are always welcome.