HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs sign Keith Aucoin

Old
07-22-2012, 10:26 AM
hullsy47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelletier666 View Post
Aucoin plays center.
what do people expect .......we have 2 good trade chips .gardiner and kessel ...we are never going to be a preferred destination under burke and the new ownership will have to address this sooner rather than laterr.
this is your leafs fighting for 8th place but likly just good enuff the to **** up a lottery pick spot ....
sad reality ...it all falls on burke ,and whether we wanna admit it or not ,free agents realize the enormous pressure mounting in toronto and quite frankly ,i dont blame them ,this team may have a few decent prospects , underjohn ferguson .....we did see the playoffs ,something thsat most experts agree as of right now ,the leafs will not be picked to make again

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 07-22-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: MOD EDIT
hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:36 AM
ALine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
what do people expect .......we have 2 good trade chips .gardiner and kessel ...we are never going to be a preferred destination under burke and the new ownership will have to address this sooner rather than laterr.
this is your leafs fighting for 8th place but likly just good enuff the to fuk up a lottery pick spot ....
sad reality ...it all falls on burke ,and whether we wanna admit it or not ,free agents realize the enormous pressure mounting in toronto and quite frankly ,i dont blame them ,this team may have a few decent prospects , underjohn ferguson .....we did see the playoffs ,something thsat most experts agree as of right now ,the leafs will not be picked to make again
This is so obviously a Marlie signing. Aucoin is a guy that has skill, but just can't transfer those to the NHL, but is excellent, comparatively, in the AHL. The leafs management don't only have to make signings for the leafs, but are also responsible for icing a good Marlies's team. They are responsible to an NHL team and their AHL affiliate, completely. This is something not a lot of other GMs have to do, and this is why you see a lot of signings like this here. But of course, you think this is Burke's honest best effort at making a signing for the leafs. Aucoin only even sniffs a place on the leafs is in the case of MAJOR injury issues.

ALine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:47 AM
WesM

I like it, good solid depth signing for the Marlies

WesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Busher Jackson
4x 1st Team Allstar

Burke has wasted contract space yet again. But consistent with Burke's Team USA approach. Which of course has proven to be a failure. I guess the Marlies need some minature's on their team.

Busher Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 12:30 PM
LordRamsay
Come out and flay

vCash: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher Jackson View Post
Burke has wasted contract space yet again.
lmao

LordRamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Cool Beans Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
This is so obviously a Marlie signing. Aucoin is a guy that has skill, but just can't transfer those to the NHL, but is excellent, comparatively, in the AHL. The leafs management don't only have to make signings for the leafs, but are also responsible for icing a good Marlies's team. They are responsible to an NHL team and their AHL affiliate, completely. This is something not a lot of other GMs have to do, and this is why you see a lot of signings like this here. But of course, you think this is Burke's honest best effort at making a signing for the leafs. Aucoin only even sniffs a place on the leafs is in the case of MAJOR injury issues.
If a player doesn't want to come to Toronto because of higher pressures, or doesn't think he can be part of the solution, then I don't want him to be here either.

EDIT: Meant to quote the post above yours

Cool Beans Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 01:21 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Burke has wasted contract space yet again. But consistent with Burke's Team USA approach. Which of course has proven to be a failure. I guess the Marlies need some minature's on their team.
I'm Canadian. Maybe he can sign me to a contract?

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 01:33 PM
LeafsAllDay

Quote:
Ya, $650k to play in the NHL (which he won't) and $350k to play in the AHL. What a waste of money.....

I would like to see more Canadian players on our roster and I realize that we have a lot of Americans but when it comes down to it, it shouldn't really matter. You get the best players you can and put out the best players you have. Nationality should have nothing to do with it....Unless they are Russian. Unfortunate but true.

LeafsAllDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Rinzler

Quote:
I feel bad for you. I really do.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 05:00 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine View Post
He will get a fair shot in the pre. You never know with these guys looks like the last few seasons when he was calledup he did ok with the caps.

Something gives me a feeling that Burke is going to do some seriou wheel and dealing, sending people for picks this year etc.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 06:25 PM
smitty10

Quote:
I'm sorry for your burden...

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:59 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

The sad thing is I've been around these boards long enough that I could pretty much predict this entire thread.

Anyway, I went to a Marlies game where the Caps farm team came to town a couple years ago and jokingly told my buddies to watch out for Aucoin cause he was the AHL's Gretzky/Crosby/etc.

Well, he goes on and dominates the whole game.

AlienWorkShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
Quote:
...Aucoin in a full season puts up at least 90 points in the AHL. Believe it or not, it's Burke's job to get players for that team too.

Paris in Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:59 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Does this mean they wont be resigning Zigomanis? He was last years big ticket AHLer.

Its critical that Burke gets vets to mentor our rookies. Leafs can afford to pay this money, glad we are bolstering the Marlies to contend anualy. being successful in the AHL and give our young players the best opportunities to succeed in the NHL.

Last edited by HockeyGuruPitka: 07-23-2012 at 10:05 AM.
HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Rinzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Does this mean they wont be resigning Zigomanis? He was last years big ticket AHLer.

Its critical that Burke gets vets to mentor our rookies. Leafs can afford to pay this money, glad we are bolstering the Marlies to contend anualy. being successful in the AHL and give our young players the best opportunities to succeed in the NHL.
It looks like they can still fit Ziggy in. The AHL rules state that you have to have 13 of your 18 skaters (goalies excluded) to be development players. That leaves 5 veterans. My guess it that they'll cut Lashoff loose given our depth on D and re-sign Ziggy.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
so for the 2016-17 season, we just bought 2 points

unfortunate it gets the hoopla it does
LOL. why would the "hoopla" bother you.

you seriously can't find anything better to b!tch about today??

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:20 AM
ChuckWoods

It will be interesting to see where they place him.

If Kadri doesn't make this Leafs squad out of camp, then I can see them on a line together.

If not, then I can see Aucoin sliding to the wing spot and playing along side Colborne.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
It will be interesting to see where they place him.

If Kadri doesn't make this Leafs squad out of camp, then I can see them on a line together.

If not, then I can see Aucoin sliding to the wing spot and playing along side Colborne.
Keith Aucoin played 27 games in the NHL last season with Washington, and team much stronger than Toronto.

Players like Joey Crabb and Darryl Boyce have been players than have played on the Leafs after being Marlie recalls. Keith Aucoin is a better AHLer than both.

The possibility that Aucoin sees time in the NHL with the Leafs next year is not an improbability.

07-23-2012, 11:34 AM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Keith Aucoin played 27 games in the NHL last season with Washington, and team much stronger than Toronto.

Players like Joey Crabb and Darryl Boyce have been players than have played on the Leafs after being Marlie recalls. Keith Aucoin is a better AHLer than both.

The possibility that Aucoin sees time in the NHL with the Leafs next year is not an improbability.

Absolutely agree.

But I think he's a victim of the long jam we have just as much as Kadri, Colborne, Frattin, Connolly and Lombardi if not more-so.

I just cannot see where he slides into the line up before any of these guys.

ChuckWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
bansheebeat
Cherry-Coloured Funk

Aucoin had 70 points in 43 games for Hershey last year. Tied for 4th in the AHL. Only one other player in the top 20 played fewer than 61 games, but people are still arguing this is a waste of a roster spot? Even if he doesn't suit up for the Leafs next year (he most likely will at some point), this is a great signing.

bansheebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
DaveT83*

Marlies would destroy the Leafs - out coached - out worked - out classed.

DaveT83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Leafs have signed Keith Aucoin & Simon Gysbers to one year contracts.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|TOR|home

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 05:49 PM
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider

Good to get Gysbers back. I've not had a complaint about his game. If Holzer is not a sure thing for the Marlies then Gysbers can provide some stability as well as some decent stats.

L Corncrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 05:55 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
They also signed defenseman Dylan Yeo from Oklahoma City

http://blog.marlies.ca/props/

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Faltorvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Absolutely agree.

But I think he's a victim of the long jam we have just as much as Kadri, Colborne, Frattin, Connolly and Lombardi if not more-so.

I just cannot see where he slides into the line up before any of these guys.
Could this signing also indicate to us that BB has no intention of sending Con or Lambo down there?

Faltorvo is offline   Reply With Quote