HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

It's always sunny in Philadelphia. Unless rain comes in from Nashville.

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 09:23 PM
deftones1986

vCash: 500
It's always sunny in Philadelphia. Unless rain comes in from Nashville.

How is this week long drawn out, over analyzed, darn it to hell waiting game to see if we do, or don't get this STUD D-MAN they call Shea Weber, making you feel?

I'll start.

For me it's:

Last edited by deftones1986: 07-23-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old
07-23-2012, 09:28 PM
FlyerEra2010

I want him soooo bad!

n/h

Old
07-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Flyerfan4life

until its offical its just another possible trade..

im not really wired worrying about it. if NSH matchs im sure Homer will pick up the phone and make another trade splash.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:39 PM
deftones1986

I wish I could feel as calm as you @Flyerfan4life

I've always kind of known about Weber, but ever since I watched him on tv at the Carolina NHL allstar game (2 years ago), I wanted him on this team desperately.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:52 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
With Nash hitting broadway I am extra anxious about getting Weber from the Predators.
Nash - Richards - Gaborik

Fearing that lineup currently.

Old
07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
elecguitardude27

Just a question. I know us flyer fans love coots and schenn, but if thats what they want for (arguably) the best d in the game why not do it? He's already proven and could be just what we need to get the cup.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:02 PM
deftones1986

Because we don't know what Couturier will eventually become, the sky is the limit nobody can argue unless it's a one year fluke.

And we all want the Schenn brothers to play together, if L. Schenn never came here it'd be a different story.

Bottom line is:

We want to have our cake and eat it too.

For obvious reasons of just losing 4 1st round picks, our team would be STACKED.

And we could just let Pronger rest and relax until the playoffs (assuming we should make it without a doubt) and holy freight trains Batman!!

Old
07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
I wouldn't trade Couturier.

07-23-2012, 10:03 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elecguitardude27 View Post
Just a question. I know us flyer fans love coots and schenn, but if thats what they want for (arguably) the best d in the game why not do it? He's already proven and could be just what we need to get the cup.
because they don't have that sort of leverage to get assets like that. if they're making a sort of statement that they want anything in return, it's most likely because they know they can't match. Before the draft, i'd have traded Schenn. I'd have done it reluctantly, but i'd do it to get a player like Weber. But now that both Schenns are here, and the fact that Weber is good friends with both of them, they go nowhere. And Couturier? he's the 2nd most untouchable player on this roster. To give up BOTH of them? For a player we've already offer sheeted? No thanks. Homer wouldn't trade either of them BEFORE we offer sheeted him, why wouldn't he have just made that trade rather than go through the offer sheet process if he had the mind to?

Old
07-23-2012, 10:06 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecguitardude27 View Post
The option is four first round draft picks if Nashville decides not to match. There was no need to trade assets such as Couturier, Schenn and probably other(s) prior to the offer sheet.

Old
07-23-2012, 10:07 PM
deftones1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
With Nash hitting broadway I am extra anxious about getting Weber from the Predators.
Nash - Richards - Gaborik

Fearing that lineup currently.
Yeah, and that too, we need Weber to AT LEAST intimidate some of thos MOFO's

Old
07-23-2012, 10:07 PM
elecguitardude27

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
because they don't have that sort of leverage to get assets like that. if they're making a sort of statement that they want anything in return, it's most likely because they know they can't match. Before the draft, i'd have traded Schenn. I'd have done it reluctantly, but i'd do it to get a player like Weber. But now that both Schenns are here, and the fact that Weber is good friends with both of them, they go nowhere. And Couturier? he's the 2nd most untouchable player on this roster. To give up BOTH of them? For a player we've already offer sheeted? No thanks. Homer wouldn't trade either of them BEFORE we offer sheeted him, why wouldn't he have just made that trade rather than go through the offer sheet process if he had the mind to?
Yeah that makes sense, and i meant just 1 of them never both! It just seems like hes worth it. Though they might just be bluffing?

Old
07-23-2012, 10:10 PM
deftones1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
But now that both Schenns are here, and the fact that Weber is good friends with both of them
Stop you're making my mouth water even more!!!

Looks like it's back to

Old
07-23-2012, 11:17 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
The option is four first round draft picks if Nashville decides not to match. There was no need to trade assets such as Couturier, Schenn and probably other(s) prior to the offer sheet.
well, thats what it would have taken to be absolutely sure you would wind up with Weber

If Holmgren is content to roll the dice and possibly not get Weber then the OS is the perfect ploy.

But if Holmgren thinks he absolutely MUST have Weber, then I'd expect a deal to be struck tomorrow to send players to Nashville in return for a couple of those firsts.

if you guys end up coughing up Coots and or Schenn(s), then you know Homer just had to have Weber but tried everything he could to avoid giving them up before caving...

if you give up lesser pieces, like Meszaros and/or Read, then Homer wanted him, AND Poile didn't have the authority to match so he waited til the last and took the best he could get.

if the Preds match, then it means Holmgren took his best shot but could live without Weber

if the Preds pass and only get the 4 picks, then Holmgren was prepared to lose out on Weber but Poile wasn't authorized to match.

Old
07-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
if the Preds pass and only get the 4 picks, then Holmgren was prepared to lose out on Weber but Poile wasn't authorized to match.
That makes no sense. Holmgren might have called Poile's bluff. Its not far feached, just look at the numbers... Nashville simply cannot afford to pay him league max for 4 years.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:02 AM
deftones1986

Lol I just really wanted everybody to post funny pictures and animated GIFS that would show their frustration on waiting to hear the DECLINING or ACCEPTING of the offersheat.

Didn't really want to start a whole new mess of Weber Pollie Holmgren Shenns Coots, Carcillo, Dwight Howard..........wait what?

Lol let's just see some funny GIFS to express our frustration with the waiting game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
07-24-2012, 12:07 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Upon hearing of the offer sheet:

If Poile matches...

And if he's a Flyer...

Old
07-24-2012, 12:07 AM
tuckrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well, thats what it would have taken to be absolutely sure you would wind up with Weber

If Holmgren is content to roll the dice and possibly not get Weber then the OS is the perfect ploy.

But if Holmgren thinks he absolutely MUST have Weber, then I'd expect a deal to be struck tomorrow to send players to Nashville in return for a couple of those firsts.

if you guys end up coughing up Coots and or Schenn(s), then you know Homer just had to have Weber but tried everything he could to avoid giving them up before caving...

if you give up lesser pieces, like Meszaros and/or Read, then Homer wanted him, AND Poile didn't have the authority to match so he waited til the last and took the best he could get.

if the Preds match, then it means Holmgren took his best shot but could live without Weber

I agree 100%

But no way is coots/schenn moving. I'd say voracek is the piece that indicates homer caved.

Regardless, the teams aren't talking it's match or 4 picks.

Old
07-24-2012, 12:15 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
That makes no sense. Holmgren might have called Poile's bluff. Its not far feached, just look at the numbers... Nashville simply cannot afford to pay him league max for 4 years.
nobody said it was far fetched... all I'm saying is if the preds pass and only get the picks, then both conditions were true, i.e., nashville couldn't afford to match and holmgren was content to lose weber without putting other assets on the table because there is no way to be certain nashville won't match...

Closed Thread