HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

ATD Chat Room VII

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 06:31 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
Compared to nerds, I'm cool. But compared to cool people I'm a nerd.
Welcome to my life.

I am simply a cool guy with a nerd spirit.

Or maybe I am just a nerd that managed to be cool.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:23 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Everybody thinks they are either knowledgeable or popular or both.

A man is judged by his actions and his peers.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:30 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIslander View Post
Everybody thinks they are either knowledgeable or popular or both.

A man is judged by his actions and his peers.
I'm not sure everybody thinks they are popular.In fact , I'm pretty sure people that aren't popular are all aware of it.

Also not sure cool is exactly the same as popular.

You're drawing a pretty sinister picture of human beings if this is what you think.Not everybody is a narcissist.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 01-26-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 07:39 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

I said 'or'.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:50 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
I said 'or'.
I don't see popularity as a great thing anyway (unless you are a very social person , which I am not).

Having the respect and being liked by your group is very healthy , but being ''popular'' is bringing too much attention to yourself.Some people are more social than others.What I meant by saying I can be cool or a nerd is that I can get along with people from both group.

Last edited by BenchBrawl: 01-26-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old
01-26-2013, 08:00 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

PK Subban still hasn't signed with the MTL Canadiens , a great example of the prima donna attitude from a guy who still hasn't cracked 40 pts in the NHL.

People in Montreal already hating on him , and rightfully so.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:13 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jafar View Post
I don't see popularity as a great thing anyway (unless you are a very social person , which I am not).

Having the respect and being liked by your group is very healthy , but being ''popular'' is bringing too much attention to yourself.Some people are more social than others.What I meant by saying I can be cool or a nerd is that I can get along with people from both group.
I'm a social person, but in todays age with facebook and other things on the internet - I also like my privacy as well. I feel like my whole town knows me sometimes.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Old
01-26-2013, 09:33 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
what is this suppose to mean

Old
01-26-2013, 10:28 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Quote:
what is this suppose to mean
Cool, nerd.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:31 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Cool, nerd.
Well , yeah , but that's a pretty unsatisfying way of describing Albert Einstein.

Old
01-26-2013, 10:32 PM
VanIslander
Hope for better 2015

Quote:
Well , yeah , but that's a pretty unsatisfying way of describing Albert Einstein.

Quote:
A nerd (adjective: nerdy) is a person, typically described as being overly intellectual, obsessive, or socially impaired. They may spend inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or non-mainstream activities, which are generally either highly technical or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerd

Old
01-26-2013, 10:56 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
I know he is a nerd , but he's such a powerful one that he deserve a stronger word

Old
01-27-2013, 04:42 AM
jkrx

Anyone else suprised when Cherry calls a russian an idiot?

Old
01-27-2013, 05:36 AM
DoMakc

Quote:
PK Subban still hasn't signed with the MTL Canadiens , a great example of the prima donna attitude from a guy who still hasn't cracked 40 pts in the NHL.

People in Montreal already hating on him , and rightfully so.
People in Montreal hating on PK Subban is just another example for how dumb and selfish Canadiens fans are. Contract holdout are as much on ownership/management as much they are on player/agent. Fans shouldn't care about owner's pocket, they should care about his desire to dress the best possible team. Subban already showed, that he can play a ton of minutes against top competition. It's not like 5 mio for 24 year old would cripple your cap situation for years. But running great players out of town is something that Canadiens' fans are good at.

Old
01-27-2013, 07:25 AM
Hawkman
RIP Mr Cub

Quote:
Blackhawks tie franchise-best start with 3-2 win (Yahoo! Sports) - 8 hours ago
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) -- This was supposed to be the weekend for the NHL All-Star Game at Nationwide Arena.
Marleau leads Sharks past Avalanche 4-0 (Yahoo! Sports) - 11 hours ago
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) -- About the only thing Patrick Marleau is struggling at so far this season is finding an explanation for his record start.
Kings earn first victory, 4-2 over Coyotes (Yahoo! Sports) - 7 hours ago
GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- The Los Angeles Kings got their top line going and their first win of the season.
Gaborik rallies Rangers past Maple Leafs 5-2 (Yahoo! Sports) - 7 hours ago
NEW YORK (AP) -- Henrik Lundqvist watched his New York Rangers teammates dominate the Toronto Maple Leafs at the other end of the ice and couldn't believe he was the goalie trailing by two goals.
Read's hat trick leads Flyers past Panthers 7-1 (Yahoo! Sports) - 7 hours ago
SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) -- Matt Read notched his first career hat trick - and thought it came pretty easily.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/ Although it's very early, it's possible the Hawks may be able to tie the SC Champ Kings in regular season points.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:26 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoMakc View Post
People in Montreal hating on PK Subban is just another example for how dumb and selfish Canadiens fans are. Contract holdout are as much on ownership/management as much they are on player/agent. Fans shouldn't care about owner's pocket, they should care about his desire to dress the best possible team. Subban already showed, that he can play a ton of minutes against top competition. It's not like 5 mio for 24 year old would cripple your cap situation for years. But running great players out of town is something that Canadiens' fans are good at.
What are you talking about? First of all , Montreal fans are some of the most generous fans in the league , because you know , it's our money that goes to other clubs in financial trouble.It's us that are paying 200$ the ticket , 15$ the parking , 10$ the hot dog and 10$ the beer.Not people in florida (mean no disrespect but it is what it is).Second of all , a lot of rumors are spreading that players don't particularly like P.K" Subban in the lockerroom.Subban is talented but he hasn't proven himself yet.And the rumors are Subban is asking 6,5.**** him.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:54 AM
BraveCanadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrx View Post
Anyone else suprised when Cherry calls a russian an idiot?
To be fair he leveled the same criticism at Fleury too.

And the Russian was being an idiot.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:56 AM
DoMakc

Quote:
What are you talking about? First of all , Montreal fans are some of the most generous fans in the league , because you know , it's our money that goes to other clubs in financial trouble.It's us that are paying 200$ the ticket , 15$ the parking , 10$ the hot dog and 10$ the beer.Not people in florida (mean no disrespect but it is what it is).Second of all , a lot of rumors are spreading that players don't particularly like P.K" Subban in the lockerroom.Subban is talented but he hasn't proven himself yet.And the rumors are Subban is asking 6,5.**** him.
If you guys are paying that much money to Molson, would you rather see him put it into his pocket, or spent it on one of the team's best player?

As for rumours, why should you care who likes whom. It's not like youself like every co-worker in your firm. These guys are paid millions of bucks to play, so you just hire the coach that can handle the locker room. Again i always was under impression that Subban is liked by most important player in Habs' locker room .

Old
01-27-2013, 12:13 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

Quote:
If you guys are paying that much money to Molson, would you rather see him put it into his pocket, or spent it on one of the team's best player?

As for rumours, why should you care who likes whom. It's not like youself like every co-worker in your firm. These guys are paid millions of bucks to play, so you just hire the coach that can handle the locker room. Again i always was under impression that Subban is liked by most important player in Habs' locker room .
Seems like your impression was wrong though.

And whether or not Subban gets paid doesn't change anything as far as Molson goes.Molson will always spend to the cap.Subban isn't Chris Pronger , if he starts doing too much trouble he isn't irreplaceable.We aren't on the verge of winning championship , we just came back from a last in the league season.We have many prospects and many more to come with the picks we're going to grab in the next few years.And at 6,5 million a year , we could always sign a free agent along the way that isn't a lockerroom distraction.

Of course in an ideal world Subban would be liked by everybody and would start putting up 60 pts season while remaining physical and paid at 5 million , but for now he had 34 pts and 38 pts seasons , playing a lots of minutes yes , but a lot of minutes on the last squad in the league.Hardly something that is deserving of acting like a prima donna and not giving a **** about the fans that idolizeed him until he started acting like a little punk.He keeps finding countless excuses to show off on TV at every opportunity he can get with his big smile like he's above his business.**** him.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:20 PM
overpass

Quote:

The NHL has a salary cap. Every extra dollar that Subban is paid is one that Molson can't use to improve the team.

If Subban is asking for 6.5 million per season, he's getting ahead of himself. Erik Karlsson is getting 6.5. Subban needs to prove he's worth the contract first.

Subban plays big minutes against top competition. Great. He's Jay Bouwmeester with an edge. He needs to show something more or go after his big contract in free agency.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:24 PM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

In a no-cap world , I wouldn't mind overpaying players , after all we are overpaying tickets.But this isn't a no-cap world.

Old
01-27-2013, 12:48 PM
DoMakc

Quote:
Originally Posted by overpass View Post
The NHL has a salary cap. Every extra dollar that Subban is paid is one that Molson can't use to improve the team.

If Subban is asking for 6.5 million per season, he's getting ahead of himself. Erik Karlsson is getting 6.5. Subban needs to prove he's worth the contract first.

Subban plays big minutes against top competition. Great. He's Jay Bouwmeester with an edge. He needs to show something more or go after his big contract in free agency.
Montreal has over 10 mio (without counting buyout of Bourque, already with Galchenyuk bonuses) with goalie, complete set of defenceman and full 3 lines of forwards already in fold. The only one who requires a raise is Desharnais, where Bourque money can go.

I don't know what Subban wants, i think it was Friedman who reported that Bergevin wanted him to sign a Pacioretty-like second contract. My point is, you can't put all blame on one side, and mix contractual negotiations with attitude and fans appreciation. It's not like anybody here would leave millions on the table, just to appease somebody.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:33 PM
jkrx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveCanadian View Post
To be fair he leveled the same criticism at Fleury too.

And the Russian was being an idiot.
Well, he kind of had too. If he didn't say Fleury was an idiot it would have been a media circus. It's also not the first time he attacks a native american. I promise you, if Gilmour or Orr ever wouldve celebrated in the same way he wouldn't say a thing about it.

And the Russian wasnt being an idiot. He a young cocky kid who was happy he scored a goal. If he didn't celebrate Cherry would criticize him for that too like he did with the soviets.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:35 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
In a no-cap world , I wouldn't mind overpaying players , after all we are overpaying tickets.But this isn't a no-cap world.
Is it true Subban is demanding Doughty type money? If he is he's way out of line, ship him out of town.

Closed Thread