HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

MTL - Tampa Bay

Old
07-22-2012, 02:48 PM
sayheykid

vCash: 500
Hell no from Tampa.

sayheykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:51 PM
Chacal667

plekanec is way better than teddy purcell !!! Don't forget that plekanec got 60 points last year by playing with 4th line fowards. And the fans of tampa bay say no ? ridiculous. People underestimate pelaknec so much.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
plekanec is way better than teddy purcell !!! Don't forget that plekanec got 60 points last year by playing with 4th line fowards. And the fans of tampa bay say no ? ridiculous. People underestimate pelaknec so much.
yeah, and if he played with Crosby or Giroux he will have 300 points
Purcell is better, but like any lightning player he is way underrated

HedMonster 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:09 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedMonster 77 View Post
Like that Stam whatever loser. That guy is over paid and overrated.

This isn't a fair comparison though, both teams need the players more then the ones offered.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
like lecavalier ? LOL, anyway there's no question in my mind that plekanec is better than purcell who only got 1 season of 60 pts.

Old
07-22-2012, 03:21 PM
PsychoticHab

vCash: 50
Neither team has a need for these players nor would I be willing to part with Plekanec for this type of return. Plek fills the need of ES, PK, and PP and does them all at a high level.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Boltsfan2029

vCash: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Didnt tampa just resign purcell?
Doubt they trade him
They just signed him to an extension, yes.

I also doubt we'll trade him. Purcell is an absolute gem for Tampa for many reasons, but the most significant is that he is able to switch seamlessly between the Lecavalier and Stamkos lines. He clicks equally well with both. A player like that isn't easy to find and makes him very valuable for us. Doesn't help us to get a player who is "technically" better because he scored more points on another team if that player doesn't fit with either (or both) of those lines.

Boltsfan2029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:38 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
like lecavalier ? LOL, anyway there's no question in my mind that plekanec is better than purcell who only got 1 season of 60 pts.
and Plekanec has how many 60+ point seasons??? the answer is 2, freaking 1 more season that Purcell. Purcell numbers with the lightning are increasing from season to season so with a Healthy Lecavalier he should have 70+ points

Purcell is 3 years younger, has a better contract, and fills a need in the team so no from TB.

Old
07-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
They just signed him to an extension, yes.

I also doubt we'll trade him. Purcell is an absolute gem for Tampa for many reasons, but the most significant is that he is able to switch seamlessly between the Lecavalier and Stamkos lines. He clicks equally well with both. A player like that isn't easy to find and makes him very valuable for us. Doesn't help us to get a player who is "technically" better because he scored more points on another team if that player doesn't fit with either (or both) of those lines.
how good is stamkos already ?

Old
07-22-2012, 03:44 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
and Plekanec has how many 60+ point seasons??? the answer is 2, freaking 1 more season that Purcell. Purcell numbers with the lightning are increasing from season to season so with a Healthy Lecavalier he should have 70+ points

Purcell is 3 years younger, has a better contract, and fills a need in the team so no from TB.
it's no from mtl for sure, I don't really care about that proposition, my point is that plekanec is a better player than purcell who got his 60 pts by playing with 1 of the best player in the nhl (stamkos)

Old
07-22-2012, 03:50 PM
GatoradeG*

I'm surprised Vinny L wasn't in the proposal.

GatoradeG* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:52 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
it's no from mtl for sure, I don't really care about that proposition, my point is that plekanec is a better player than purcell who got his 60 pts by playing with 1 of the best player in the nhl (stamkos)
i don't give a **** if Purcell played with GOD himself - he got the points didn't he??? And his production is increasing from last season.

you can't possibly complain about Plekanec playing with "4th liners" like Cole and Pacioretty.

Old
07-22-2012, 03:52 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatoradeG View Post
I'm surprised Vinny L wasn't in the proposal.
As much as I like Vinny, the guy and the player, I don't want him on the habs. Don't get me wrong, pure class and an excellent player but...We just dealt with gomez contract, I'm not a big fan of lifetime contracts, especially when it's the 2nd half of it with the player leaving his prime. Habs made a mistake once, please no more.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:53 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
i don't give a **** if Purcell played with GOD himself - he got the points didn't he??? And his production is increasing from last season.

you can't possibly complain about Plekanec playing with "4th liners" like Cole and Pacioretty.
If Plekanec actually means Desharnais then you're right. If you didn't understand that, Plekanec played with Darche and Bourque, Desharnais played with Cole and Pacioretty.

Old
07-22-2012, 03:54 PM
Chacal667

Quote:

Plekanec played with Moen and Bourque and White and a little bit with Gionta while he was healthy, cole and paccioretty played with desharnais the whole season, you clearly don't know what you r talking about.

Old
07-22-2012, 03:54 PM
PsychoticHab

Except that it's Deharnais that plays with Cole and Patches so that argument is gone. The two players Plek played the most with last year were Darche and Moen and then towards the end of the season he was stuck with Bourque.

PsychoticHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:55 PM
calgaryflames1212

montreal wins that deal thats for sure lol

calgaryflames1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

No Vinny ? That's a change.

Purcell is good, but can't see him bringing what Plekanec brings to the table. Though for a playoff trade, DONE

Would have interest in Aulie alone. Interest in Purcell, too, just not at the price it would cost.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:00 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoticHab View Post
Except that it's Deharnais that plays with Cole and Patches so that argument is gone. The two players Plek played the most with last year were Darche and Moen and then towards the end of the season he was stuck with Bourque.

not a minute with either? Hmm you sure know how to spread the scoring. not even on the PP?
Anyway, Purcell didn't play with Stammer all year, and Vinny was injured for some time so it's not like he got the points without working for them

Last edited by HedMonster 77: 07-22-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old
07-22-2012, 04:03 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
not a minute with either, hmm you sure know how to spread the scoring, not even on the PP?
Anyway, Purcell didn't play with Stammer all year, and Vinny was injured for some time so it's not like he got the points without working for them
Okay, so he played a minute with either. What does this prove exactly? He played VERY VERY little with either. I believe at start of year he played with Cole and Cole was cold as hell. Cole needed a true playmaking center and Desharnais and him clicked and it worked out.

As for spreading the scoring, we finished 3rd last in the league. I mean, the evidence is right there.

Old
07-22-2012, 04:06 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
how good is stamkos already ?
Your point?

How good Stamkos is, IMO, has nothing to do with how easy it is for Purcell to switch from his line to Lecavalier's.

Old
07-22-2012, 04:07 PM
HedMonster 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Okay, so he played a minute with either. What does this prove exactly? He played VERY VERY little with either. I believe at start of year he played with Cole and Cole was cold as hell. Cole needed a true playmaking center and Desharnais and him clicked and it worked out.

As for spreading the scoring, we finished 3rd last in the league. I mean, the evidence is right there.
no point, i was just really surprised that he didn't play with either of them, but if say him and Cole don't click it's better to be on separate lines

Old
07-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Ah, I see. Of course, he didn't play the entire season with Stamkos, played a good portion of it with Lecavalier.

And just because they're good doesn't mean a new player will "click" with either of them, much less both of them.

Point being - we have a guy we know *does* work with both, whose numbers are increasing and is signed to a nice deal. It doesn't matter how good someone else is on their team when Purcell is a perfect fit for us and is already here.

Old
07-22-2012, 04:09 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
not a minute with either, hmm you sure know how to spread the scoring, not even on the PP?
He played for long enough. Top 2 line combos: Stamkos and Purcell were on the same line. Why you lying?

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:10 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Your point?

How good Stamkos is, IMO, has nothing to do with how easy it is for Purcell to switch from his line to Lecavalier's.
do you know with how many players plekanec played last season ? and it wasnt players like stamkos or lecavalier...