HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ interested in Jonathan Bernier.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-22-2012, 01:40 PM
  #1
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 13,585
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
CBJ interested in Jonathan Bernier.

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/conte...while-....html

__________________
Truth should never get in the way of a good persecution complex.
Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:29 PM
  #2
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:31 PM
  #3
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
lmfao.

But yeah. this is old news.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:35 PM
  #4
jiboy
Patience
 
jiboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: RN
Country: Canada
Posts: 858
vCash: 50
Weird since they already overpaid for Bobvrovsky

jiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:36 PM
  #5
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1337 View Post
Weird since they already overpaid for Bobvrovsky

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:36 PM
  #6
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
this thread title is Samkow Mind Control.

He doesn't want us to think of the CBJ goalie situation as a dilemma.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:49 PM
  #7
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 13,585
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
this thread title is Samkow Mind Control.

He doesn't want us to think of the CBJ goalie situation as a dilemma.
Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:52 PM
  #8
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
this thread title is Samkow Mind Control.

He doesn't want us to think of the CBJ goalie situation as a dilemma.
Thats dimemNa -

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 02:58 PM
  #9
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.
Tagged for the win.

I wouldn't be against Bernier at all, if it includes Steve Mason heading out. Bobrovsky and Bernier would at least be a serviceable tandem, whereas Bobrovsky and Mason is a tandem.

If we can get him fairly cheap (I'm hearing LA's 1st rounder back to them + more) I'm for it ... if that's the price, I'd be against it. We have Oskar Dansk and Joonas Korpisalo coming up through the pipeline, and I don't think Bernier helps us enough to give up the other asset we got for Jeff Carter.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:05 PM
  #10
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.
if you want to change that, go back in time and make Mason not suck 3 out of 4 years.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
  #11
kinghock
Registered User
 
kinghock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mahwah,NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
What about Korpisalo, Mason and LA 1st for Bernier and Martin Jones?

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:09 PM
  #12
Skraut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Enter city here
Posts: 10,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
if you want to change that, go back in time and make Mason not suck 3 out of 4 years. have the fans realize it was Ken Hitchcock's system that gave Mason the Calder trophy.
...fixed it for you

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:10 PM
  #13
Roadman
Moving On
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: London OH
Country: United States
Posts: 2,592
vCash: 500
Just don't think the price is going to be anywhere close to what be deemed as "right". Other than he has asked for a trade what is the incentive for LA to trade him?

Mason is bad, but has shown he can deliver 10 or so decent efforts. Bernier is a box of Crackers Jacks, you don't know what you're going to get. If LA is willing to take Mason back (and I still don't know why) and a pick or D prospect, then give it a shot. But only if Mason goes the other way. Do not give back the 1st round pick!!!

A real long shot if you ask me.

__________________
__________________

I post, therefore I am.
Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:16 PM
  #14
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,306
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
...fixed it for you
Hitchcock's d system is good, but he's not a miracle worker. It's not like he could turn say...Brian Elliot into a golden god of goaltending or something like that.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:35 PM
  #15
Samkow
Global Moderator
Sidney Cosby
 
Samkow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 13,585
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
If we can get him fairly cheap (I'm hearing LA's 1st rounder back to them + more) I'm for it ... if that's the price, I'd be against it. We have Oskar Dansk and Joonas Korpisalo coming up through the pipeline, and I don't think Bernier helps us enough to give up the other asset we got for Jeff Carter.
Exactly my thoughts.

I just don't think he's enough of an upgrade over what we have to warrant that price.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:42 PM
  #16
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
what about korpisalo, mason and la 1st for bernier and martin jones?
No thank you!

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 03:52 PM
  #17
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,024
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Do we really want to tank the next 4 years hinging on the chance that Dansk might be good?? Sounds like poor logic. It's ok to have multiple good goalies, I know it's a foreign concept. So what if you have Dansk and Bernier?? Is that really an issue?

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:14 PM
  #18
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Do we really want to tank the next 4 years hinging on the chance that Dansk might be good?? Sounds like poor logic. It's ok to have multiple good goalies, I know it's a foreign concept. So what if you have Dansk and Bernier?? Is that really an issue?
I have no problem with getting Bernier even though we don't know how good he is. The problem is trading a 1st round pick and a good goalie we just drafted to get him.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:24 PM
  #19
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
Just don't want to see 3/4s of a reasonable topic taken up by "durrrrhurrr Mason sucks"

Even if leesmith has promised to stop complaining at all this season.
Hey, I'm on record for being in favor of acquiring Bernier as long as it's not a massive overpayment.

How the hell did I pass Capn as the top complainer on the CBJ boards?!?

Where can I file a complaint about that?!? Oops.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:30 PM
  #20
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky
 
CBJBrassard16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
What about Korpisalo, Mason and LA 1st for Bernier and Martin Jones?
Whats the point in Jones and Korpisalo?

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 04:33 PM
  #21
Sore Loser
Since 2009
 
Sore Loser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Spokane, WA.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
What about Korpisalo, Mason and LA 1st for Bernier and Martin Jones?
No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
Just don't think the price is going to be anywhere close to what be deemed as "right". Other than he has asked for a trade what is the incentive for LA to trade him?

Mason is bad, but has shown he can deliver 10 or so decent efforts. Bernier is a box of Crackers Jacks, you don't know what you're going to get. If LA is willing to take Mason back (and I still don't know why) and a pick or D prospect, then give it a shot. But only if Mason goes the other way. Do not give back the 1st round pick!!!

A real long shot if you ask me.
My thoughts exactly. If it's something like Goloubef/Mason or Mason/2nd round pick, great. Otherwise, why would we send a 1st round pick for a guy who - other than being drafted high - has done nothing in his career to warrant it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Do we really want to tank the next 4 years hinging on the chance that Dansk might be good?? Sounds like poor logic. It's ok to have multiple good goalies, I know it's a foreign concept. So what if you have Dansk and Bernier?? Is that really an issue?
Why would we have to wait 4 years for Dansk? Bobrovsky is more capable than Mason and makes us immediately better, and is only 23 years old. By the time Dansk is ready, who knows what we'll have here? Who knows if we trade for Bernier, and he's gone by then?

I don't think acquiring Bernier changes the Dansk situation at all.

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 05:01 PM
  #22
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Thats dimemNa -

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 05:08 PM
  #23
CBJfan4evr
Registered User
 
CBJfan4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Albany
Country: United States
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
No thanks.



My thoughts exactly. If it's something like Goloubef/Mason or Mason/2nd round pick, great. Otherwise, why would we send a 1st round pick for a guy who - other than being drafted high - has done nothing in his career to warrant it.



Why would we have to wait 4 years for Dansk? Bobrovsky is more capable than Mason and makes us immediately better, and is only 23 years old. By the time Dansk is ready, who knows what we'll have here? Who knows if we trade for Bernier, and he's gone by then?

I don't think acquiring Bernier changes the Dansk situation at all.
Eklund dangling Heatly and Backstrom out there....

CBJfan4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 05:12 PM
  #24
IBleedUnionBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedUnionBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,120
vCash: 500
I would love to see this deal made. And I think that most fans have had enough of #1. Send back LA's first (which will likely be a late 1st rounder anyhow) and add something minimal to the deal.

IBleedUnionBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 05:38 PM
  #25
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedUnionBlue View Post
I would love to see this deal made. And I think that most fans have had enough of #1. Send back LA's first (which will likely be a late 1st rounder anyhow) and add something minimal to the deal.
I'd rather have the #1 than Bernier. If it was assured he was going to be the starter for x years, then fine but it is far from assured. I say stick with Mase as the backup, hope he leads us to a top 2 or 3 pick, don't re-sign him and if Bob proves he is a 1 then sign a good backup in free agency. If Bob flops then we'll have a top 2 pick for sure and we can have this same discussion next year. The Goalie Dilemna, Part Deux.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.