HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
09-02-2011, 09:54 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

vCash: 500
General Predators Talk Part II

Go.

Hope no one minds me making this, saw that the last one was past 1000 posts! Heres where we left off
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Who is going to be the 2nd A on the team? Erat? Leggy? Is Rinne allowed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No, goalies can't. I'd say Legwand or Fisher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
New thread time WOOO.. Yea i thought Rinne wouldnt be able to. I say Leggy, but Erat sometimes wears it instead of Leggy

Old
09-02-2011, 10:02 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
C: Weber A: Suter and Legwand/Erat. That only seems logical.

Didn't Erat wear the A when Sully was out this past season? Or was it split between him and somebody else?

Old
09-02-2011, 10:08 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
C: Weber A: Suter and Legwand/Erat. That only seems logical.

Didn't Erat wear the A when Sully was out this past season? Or was it split between him and somebody else?
Idk exactly. Ive seen him wear it and Leggy wear it. Im trying to think, when Erat wore it if Sully and Leggy were hurt. And vice versa for when Leggy had it on.

Old
09-02-2011, 10:45 PM
WartracePred

I'd say Leggy. Seems more level-headed than Martia. And could probably talk his way out of trouble with the guys in stripes.

Old
09-02-2011, 11:20 PM
PredsChik

In the team photo poster we got at the end of the year both Erat and Sully had an A along with Suter. I wish it would go to Leggy tho. I know it stands for more than what we see but since I've been watching (5years) Leggy seems to always be jawing at the ref at the appropriate times even without the A. Not nearly often as Suter (I swear his goal is to become friends with them) and that's not what it's about but still.

Old
09-02-2011, 11:51 PM
ChibiPooky
Caps/Avs/Bills fan

vCash: 50
Goalies can't wear a letter? Did something happen since Luongo wore the C in Vancouver? *out of it*

Old
09-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Goalies can't wear a letter? Did something happen since Luongo wore the C in Vancouver? *out of it*
Goalies can't technically wear the C, but I think can talk to the refs if they are appointed captain. Right?

Old
09-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Weber with Suter and Legwand as A's

Old
09-03-2011, 03:00 PM
adsfan

Why isn't this thread called Admiral Predators Talk?

You would think that 12 years of propping up your sorry team would count for something. "In the Navy" playing in the background.

Old
09-03-2011, 03:05 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
I thought that most pro leagues have a rule against it. It is supposed to speed up the play, since a goalie is at one end of the ice and the discussions usually are held in the Neutral Zone.

Old
09-05-2011, 08:14 PM
cleangene

Quick stats question: Does Leggy have the career hat trick record for team? I know he's first in goals, games played, and points, but I couldn't track down the hat trick mark.
Thanks for the help.

Old
09-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Leggy has 2 hat tricks I think against DAL and CHI, I would assume Sully has most.

He had 1 against

SJ
DAL
OTT
CBUS

I think im missing one

Old
09-06-2011, 10:56 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Informal skates have started at Centennial Sportsplex today in preparation for training camp. According to Josh Cooper's tweets, it seems that David Legwand is leading the drills today, but no word yet on who is and isn't there. Said to be most of the team.

Old
09-06-2011, 11:02 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I thought that most pro leagues have a rule against it. It is supposed to speed up the play, since a goalie is at one end of the ice and the discussions usually are held in the Neutral Zone.
Every league has rules against the goalie being captain. You don't want to goalie out there trying to get faceoffs moved and chatting with the ref after every whistle.

Old
09-06-2011, 12:40 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Informal skates have started at Centennial Sportsplex today in preparation for training camp. According to Josh Cooper's tweets, it seems that David Legwand is leading the drills today, but no word yet on who is and isn't there. Said to be most of the team.
I have a gut reaction that Legwand is going to have breakout year. It seems like in the playoffs against Vancouver he took it to another level and with the tragedy he will be ultra dedicated

Old
09-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
I have a gut reaction that Legwand is going to have breakout year. It seems like in the playoffs against Vancouver he took it to another level and with the tragedy he will be ultra dedicated
I hope so. I really hope he takes more of a leadership role on the team with Sully and JP no longer around. He stepped up and took the lead penning that tribute to his fallen teammate and friend this past week, he's leading practice today, he became a father not too long ago (remember the Legwand hat trick (goal, assist, and a baby)).

It's crazy to think about, but it's the maturation of the Nashville Predators. Of our present roster, David Legwand leads the team in experience with 13 NHL seasons under his belt. Mike Fisher and Francois Bouillon both have 11 seasons, but they were largely spent in other organizations. Then Martin Erat with 9 seasons and Jerred Smithson with 8 seasons round out the top-5 in experience entering the season.

We are a young team, but a young team of veterans with a lot of experience under their belts. We've been building for a while now, it'd be great to see our younger guys take that next step in their development and have our "veteran" players be there to support and guide them along the way.

Old
09-06-2011, 04:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Legwand looks like he's going to break-out every year. I hope he does, but I wouldn't bet on it. Don't get me wrong, I like his game, and anyone that has played defense for any amount of time will tell you how important it is to have a center like Legwand, but I don't expect a breakout offensive season.

Old
09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I think if Legwand is used on the top 2 lines all year with fair pp time that he could possibly hit 60 pts again. Definitely possible if he plays like he has our last 2 playoff trips

Old
09-06-2011, 07:30 PM
cleangene

The "Legwand Hat Trick" needs to be copyrighted, SL. No questioning the dedication to this organization by #11- I hope that he can move up his numbers to match his other leadership skills as well this season. 30 days.........BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
09-06-2011, 08:13 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Legwand essentially already had his "bounce back" year last year. 53 point pace over 82 games. Best pace since 07/08 where he had a 55 point pace. I'd be thrilled if he can match last year's numbers.

Old
09-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Seth Lake

Members of the team held another informal skate this morning. Drills were again lead by David Legwand. Shea Weber is in attendance. Jordin Tootoo arrived for his first session today as the numbers continue to increase.

Old
09-07-2011, 03:08 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

David Legwand is overpaid and was a waste of a draft pick.

Oh ****... sorry... wrong board...

But seriously, Legwand is so underappreciated by the fan base it isn't even funny. The following is a true story: I had a dream in which I was being held hostage along with 20 or so other people. David Legwand, for whatever reason, was one of those people. He snuck off, found a weapon, killed the hostage takers, and allowed everyone to escape. Legwand was given absolutely NO credit. I know no one cares about anyone else's dreams, but I thought that was funny once I woke up.

Old
09-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

But seriously, Legwand is so underappreciated by the fan base it isn't even funny. The following is a true story: I had a dream in which I was being held hostage along with 20 or so other people. David Legwand, for whatever reason, was one of those people. He snuck off, found a weapon, killed the hostage takers, and allowed everyone to escape. Legwand was given absolutely NO credit. I know no one cares about anyone else's dreams, but I thought that was funny once I woke up.
Leggy is and will always be one of my favorite Preds. He is the definition of a Predators type of player. I agree he is very under appreciated.

Hahahaha Leggy pulling through in the clutch as usual. Even if it was a dream it shows his awesomeness

Old
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post

So, in other news, I read that David Legwand and the Nashville Predators organization has applied for a restraining order against a so-called "ThirdManIn"...

Old
09-07-2011, 05:06 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
So, in other news, I read that David Legwand and the Nashville Predators organization has applied for a restraining order against a so-called "ThirdManIn"...
And that's in addition to the Hooters Corporation and certain bars in the Murfreesboro area.

We can't take him anywhere.

Closed Thread