HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Krejci

Old
07-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

vCash: 500
David Krejci

A center good for 60 points (even hit 70 once) and can still play a somewhat decent defense. On a team that is willing to trade for him, he can play as a #1 center and play every special team position (PP, PK) How much could he fetch?

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:34 PM
LyricalLyricist

After his playoff performance, his value went up, more so than he's actually worth IMO. A good support player. He's an ideal 1B IMO. Would be great in Anaheim, Chicago, etc...

I can't tell his you his price but more than Plekanec. Reasonably high but not crazy. Depends the team.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:40 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Boston would only be interested in a pure hockey trade.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBurke View Post
Boston would only be interested in a pure hockey trade.
What is Boston looking for?

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:47 PM
NiKrejci

I'm a huge Krejci supporter and here is my hopefully unbiased assessment.

He is a very talented playmaker with very good vision. His goal scoring and shot are not the best but in big games he can turn it on. He led the playoffs in points the year the Bruins won the cup for instance.

However, his one problem that tends to drive Bruins fans crazy is his tendency to take games off in the regular season. He could easily hit 70+ points every season if he could stay healthy and brought it every night.

His value? A first line player would have to be coming back in the trade. Most likely a player of Bobby Ryan's caliber. A guy that is a better goal scorer than playmaker. Bruins have no reason to trade him for something less other than maybe a top 5 draft pick which no team would give up for krejci. I doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon.

NiKrejci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:49 PM
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP

What would it take from the Panthers to get him?

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 09:53 PM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
What is Boston looking for?
An upgrade in which they package Krejci with other pieces for a premier scoring forward (Ryan-esque), or 1st pairing Dman to play with Chara (Yandle-eque), so they are able to ease Hamilton in.

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Gavy

Krejci is too underrated. Boston will keep him for a long time

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:37 PM
YesYesYall

Man, he would look sick in Oiler silks feeding Yak and Hall. No way the Oilers could offer anything of value, though

YesYesYall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:38 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKrejci View Post
I'm a huge Krejci supporter and here is my hopefully unbiased assessment.

He is a very talented playmaker with very good vision. His goal scoring and shot are not the best but in big games he can turn it on. He led the playoffs in points the year the Bruins won the cup for instance.

However, his one problem that tends to drive Bruins fans crazy is his tendency to take games off in the regular season. He could easily hit 70+ points every season if he could stay healthy and brought it every night.

His value? A first line player would have to be coming back in the trade. Most likely a player of Bobby Ryan's caliber. A guy that is a better goal scorer than playmaker. Bruins have no reason to trade him for something less other than maybe a top 5 draft pick which no team would give up for krejci. I doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon.
As a Canucks fan who is, if anything, biased against the Bruins...it's pretty much this. I don't see why the Bruins would want to move Krejci short of absurd overpayment.

But i don't really see how a better goal-scorer would really help them there to be honest. Krejci is the reason guys like Lucic and Horton can stick some pucks in the net. He has oustanding playmaking ability, which fits very well with the 'Boston mold' north-south wingers.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Kershaw

Krejci is one of the most underrated players in the game. I am absolutely baffled that Bruins fans are willing to give him up.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 10:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I still think that Krejci's best hockey is ahead of him. Under the right circumstances I believe he could become a true number 1 center and a star at that. Not saying he isn't great already or that he isn't a very important part of the B's team, just that I think that DK could still become more than he already is.

His value? I am terrible at these sort of things but if I were a team that needed a #1/2 center I would give a 1st a solid prospect and an established player (not elite but a good enough one) to get him.

DK is an exceptional player.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:08 PM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Krejci is one of the most underrated players in the game. I am absolutely baffled that Bruins fans are willing to give him up.
Not all of us, I think the fact we are deep at center, and that lately people are wanting lucic(yet dumping on him, odd how that works?) and naturally when you say no to one player, you look for a player of similar, to not drop off the value

He is a top line player, and a premier playmaker, but the problem is, is when other fanbases want something, they generally try to point out flaws (all players have them) to downgrade the value, to get a player on the cheap (in these virtual trades) and this kind Of thing catches fire.

similar cases are the underrating of yandle, one guy who is now infatuated with OEL says yandle is now junk, turns over the puck too much, so on and so forth

fact is he's still a top pairing dman, just like krejci is a top line center. On all teams? No but those are the teams that wouldn't even get a phone call anyways so what point is being made in saying that?

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:11 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
As a guy who sees bruins a lot...I'd take Bergeron over him everytime. Some think their both #1s and equal, but yah...Bergeron is significantly better and the real #1. He cannot be replaced, Krejci can.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:23 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
As a guy who sees bruins a lot...I'd take Bergeron over him everytime. Some think their both #1s and equal, but yah...Bergeron is significantly better and the real #1. He cannot be replaced, Krejci can.
I would agree with you, I would love to get Krejci in EDM though to play behind RNH. Will any of the following be wanted:
Gagner
Hemsky
PRV
2013 1st
Pitlick
Hamilton
Harti
Marincin
Musil

Is there anything that is tempting in that list as a package?

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would agree with you, I would love to get Krejci in EDM though to play behind RNH. Will any of the following be wanted:
Gagner
Hemsky
PRV
2013 1st
Pitlick
Hamilton
Harti
Marincin
Musil

Is there anything that is tempting in that list as a package?
I doubt it. I assume they still want to be competitive. Sure Seguin may be ready to go to center, but they need another legit top 6 forward back. Hemsky is supremely skilled and underrated but his health is tough to predict. No offense but any 1st from edmonton...keep it please. It's bad enough Toronto gave them seguin and hamilton, I don't think they need mckinnon too.

Old
07-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Any other suitors that could be available other than Anaheim (Bobby Ryan), and Phoenix (Keith Yandle)?

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:38 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Any other suitors that could be available other than Anaheim (Bobby Ryan), and Phoenix (Keith Yandle)?
Chicago?

Old
07-22-2012, 11:55 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

Quote:
If anything it is close. Bergeron is more consistent, but Krejci plays a comparable defensive game and is much more dominant with the puck. Incredibly underrated by most these days. At his peak he is a much better player than Bergeron. Outside of Seguin, he is head and shoulders better at handling the pick than any other B.

BruinsNeedaRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2012, 11:57 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Bergeron is obviously the better player.

Krejci is still a #1 or 1B center though.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:13 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Calgary (Jarome Iginla or Mark Giordano)

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:18 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsNeedaRussian View Post
If anything it is close. Bergeron is more consistent, but Krejci plays a comparable defensive game and is much more dominant with the puck. Incredibly underrated by most these days. At his peak he is a much better player than Bergeron. Outside of Seguin, he is head and shoulders better at handling the pick than any other B.
I guess it's just me. I think a healthy savard rather than krejci and Boston may still win cup. Savard over Bergeron and they don't. I think krejci is better playmaker but offensively I still prefer Bergeron and defensively too. I don't consider David a true #1. Some will disagree and that's fine but he never striked me as someone id like. That being said, I think bergy is awesome so it really isn't a bruins hate thing. I respect the game of a lot of bruins, krejci just isn't one of them. Not popular opinion, just the way I feel though.

Old
07-23-2012, 12:33 AM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Calgary (Jarome Iginla or Mark Giordano)
Iglina is too old to be in a deal for Krejci

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:43 AM
McTank

Krejci+ for vanek

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 12:55 AM
CDJ*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Krejci+ for vanek
Depends what the plus is. I'd throw in any prospect not named Dougie as well.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote