HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Krejci

Old
07-23-2012, 01:02 AM
McTank

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Depends what the plus is. I'd throw in any prospect not named Dougie as well.
I dunno, maybe a 1st or a near NHL ready prospect that could mesh into our young core

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Watch for the Yeti
Time to retool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
I dunno, maybe a 1st or a near NHL ready prospect that could mesh into our young core
get:
Vanek

get:
Krejci
Caron

??

Lucic-Seguin-Vanek
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Peverley-Kelly-Bourque
Paillie-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
Boychuck-Ference
Hamilton-McQuaid

Rask
Khodubin

Watch for the Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:06 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
get:
Vanek

get:
Krejci
Caron

??

Lucic-Seguin-Vanek
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Peverley-Kelly-Bourque

Chara-Seidenberg
Boychuck-Ference
Hamilton-McQuaid

Rask
Khodubin
Vanek is a friggin Bruins killer, I'd take that deal just so we don't have to face him anymore

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:09 AM
McTank

Quote:
get:
Vanek

get:
Krejci
Caron

??

Lucic-Seguin-Vanek
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Peverley-Kelly-Bourque

Chara-Seidenberg
Boychuck-Ference
Hamilton-McQuaid

Rask
Khodubin
Realisticlly I cant see the sabres and bruins making a trade but something in this ballpark would be something to think about from a buffalo POV.

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 01:49 AM
nmbr_24

I guess this thread had to be made since the Bruins GM said that the Bruins are not in on Ryan or Nash and they won't trade Lucic or Krejci. There are threads for all the rest, I guess this just completes it.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 07:03 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I guess this thread had to be made since the Bruins GM said that the Bruins are not in on Ryan or Nash and they won't trade Lucic or Krejci. There are threads for all the rest, I guess this just completes it.
Why not. It's just the monthly "What Would You Give Us For Our Whipping Boy" thread.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1180931

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1179937

As for his actual value: DK is a top-30 center in the league. He can fill in and be a very capable #1, he is an elite #2, or he can work very well in a 1A/1B tandem like in Boston. The B's need to get an immediate top-6 return in trade for him or risk creating a gaping hole on one of the top-2 lines.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 08:13 AM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Chicago?
I would think Patrick Sharp would be a good trade. His salary is a bit high, but I would do a Krejci for Sharp trade.

FONZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Frankie Spankie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKrejci View Post
I'm a huge Krejci supporter and here is my hopefully unbiased assessment.

He is a very talented playmaker with very good vision. His goal scoring and shot are not the best but in big games he can turn it on. He led the playoffs in points the year the Bruins won the cup for instance.

However, his one problem that tends to drive Bruins fans crazy is his tendency to take games off in the regular season. He could easily hit 70+ points every season if he could stay healthy and brought it every night.

His value? A first line player would have to be coming back in the trade. Most likely a player of Bobby Ryan's caliber. A guy that is a better goal scorer than playmaker. Bruins have no reason to trade him for something less other than maybe a top 5 draft pick which no team would give up for krejci. I doubt he's going anywhere anytime soon.
The problem with this, and why I hate Boston fans wanting to trade Krejci so badly, is that he's a playmaker. He's setting up plays, but if his wingers aren't producing, he's guilty by association. And I hate when people say things like, "He's not trying out there every night." Define trying, if you're looking for somebody that's always skating his ass off, that was never Krejci's game. Krejci's nickname (although not a popular one) is The Matrix because of how he can just slow the whole play down and be patient until a seam opens.

It really hurts him with Horton missing so much time. He's not with his regular wingers and only plays with Lucic full time now. If anyone is to blame, I'd personally be blaming Lucic. I know he's scoring more but when he turns up his game, he can dominate. The problem is he's the one that looks like he's not trying out there half the time. I don't remember too many huge hits from him this season when a couple seasons ago there was a huge hit from him at least every other game.

Frankie Spankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:37 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

If Chris Stewart returns to form, would something around Stewart, a mid-prospect, and a 1st be a possibility of a mid-season or deadline trade?

I'd love him in St. Louis in a 1A/1B situation with David Backes, pushing Berglund down to the third line.

(Obviously this is contingent on Stewart return to his 25+ goal power-forward goal ways.)

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 10:48 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by FONZIE View Post
I would think Patrick Sharp would be a good trade. His salary is a bit high, but I would do a Krejci for Sharp trade.
Patrick Sharp would look absolutely great here in the top 6. With Horton healthy:

Lucic - Seguin - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Sharp

Not bad at all.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:15 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
get:
Vanek

get:
Krejci
Caron

??

Lucic-Seguin-Vanek
Marchand-Bergeron-Horton
Peverley-Kelly-Bourque

Chara-Seidenberg
Boychuck-Ference
Hamilton-McQuaid

Rask
Khodubin
Eh, Caron is a good prospect. But Krecji isn't the kind of center we need. In the long-run, 2-3 years from now, all he'd be doing is taking a roster spot or ice time from Girgensons/Grigorenko/Hodgson. It's not bad value wise, but there's no real reason for the Sabres to trade their only pure goal-scoring winger for another playmaking center.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Krejci seemed to me as the more likely trading chip for anything major from Boston. Not that he was the Bruins' whipping boy to my eyes... just that he could interest a team, Phoenix or Chicago maybe.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 06:45 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Spankie View Post
The problem with this, and why I hate Boston fans wanting to trade Krejci so badly, is that he's a playmaker. He's setting up plays, but if his wingers aren't producing, he's guilty by association. And I hate when people say things like, "He's not trying out there every night." Define trying, if you're looking for somebody that's always skating his ass off, that was never Krejci's game. Krejci's nickname (although not a popular one) is The Matrix because of how he can just slow the whole play down and be patient until a seam opens.

It really hurts him with Horton missing so much time. He's not with his regular wingers and only plays with Lucic full time now. If anyone is to blame, I'd personally be blaming Lucic. I know he's scoring more but when he turns up his game, he can dominate. The problem is he's the one that looks like he's not trying out there half the time. I don't remember too many huge hits from him this season when a couple seasons ago there was a huge hit from him at least every other game.
Great post dude and very true Krejci takes to much blame for looch and horton ... I KNOW he's not a Datsyuk but he is the same STYLE ... he lets the game come to him. sometimes looks in trouble and then bam he leaves the guy scratching his head. Very underrated player on a Defence first system with a bad PP could easily be a 70 pt player and he's only coming into his prime

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:27 AM
Joey13

The guy is under-rated.
People doubt his defense, but he kills penalties in Clod's system.
His scoring is questioned, but he led everyone in goals and points in the playoffs - ahead of some Hart Trophy winners (leading to the 5.25 contract).
When he was hurt against the Flyers, the B's went in the toilet.

He is a great passer and watching him play makes you realize how streaky Lucic and Horton can be. Then again, as the # 1 line they see a lot of top pairs and checking lines. I do wonder how The Matrix would be with a true sniper.

That being said, his skill and potential can make his production maddening. He could be a 65-point player the rest of his career, or he could hit 90 a couple of times - and neither would surprise me. Thus he is a legit # 1 on some teams and a distant # 2 on others. But yes, he is not going anywhere unless it is a gross over-payment (or maybe straight up for Bobby Ryan).

Joey13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 01:36 AM
rockinghockey

Would love to get him in EDM

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:00 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Would love to get him in EDM
Edmonton and Boston make bad trading partners.

Boston wants a top-6 scoring winger or a top-4 D that can run a PP. Edmonton won't part w/ Eberle, Yakapov or Hall so the top-6 winger discussion ends there. The only interesting top-4 D Edmonton has that Boston would probably have interest in is Whitney and he's an FA at the end of the year and coming off another injury. Boston probably just takes a chance Whitney comes home as an FA.

Lesser pieces and picks won't get it done and the pieces that would are off the table or just not worth it.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Krejci will only be traded for/in a package for a first line winger.

I really, really like Sharp. Great goal scorer and terrific on the power play. I wouldn't be opposed to a Vanek trade, but his salary cap is really excessive... I'm more interested in Sharp for sure.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:19 AM
Kiss My Rask
VGHC

Krejci actually hit a career high in goals (23) that no one talks about.

Boston's forward core is 27 or younger and the best years are soon to come. Most players start hitting their prime around 27

Krejci - 26
Bergeron - 27
Lucic - 24
Seguin - 20
Marchand - 24
Horton - 27

I can see why chia wants to keep them in tact, young group who won a cup together

Last edited by Kiss My Rask: 07-26-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Kiss My Rask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Andyber118

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Krejci+ for vanek
Good deal for the two teams but the only problem is these teams are in the same division...two many games seasons between them !

Andyber118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 12:19 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Sounds like the perfect guy for Toronto, but Bruins fans are always mean to me on the Internet

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyber118 View Post
Good deal for the two teams but the only problem is these teams are in the same division...two many games seasons between them !
I'll trade for Vanek and bench him, for God's sake.

Buffalo would be the easiest 6 wins in the world Vanek and Cam Ward are the two biggest Bruins killers in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Sounds like the perfect guy for Toronto, but Bruins fans are always mean to me on the Internet
Again, like above, it doesn't make sense to trade Krejci to Toronto because it addresses one of their biggest needs, and we play you 6 times. Plus, there's not much from Toronto we need or want. We make bad trading partners now when it comes to players.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
ShootIt

Florida:
Kulikov
?
Boston:
Krejci
?

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Krejci is one of the most underrated players in the game. I am absolutely baffled that Bruins fans are willing to give him up.
So with you... A trade for Vanek would be a huge mistake.

Sharp for Krejci makes sense, but too weird. Players like that just don't get moved, particularly not for each other. I'd love to have either of them. Man, would I ever.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 06:43 AM
GerbeSonOfGloin

Vanek for Krejci+Caron seems like a good deal. And yes, Vanek can switch to the right side if need be. Many would say he's better there. He often switches to the right on the PP.

Won't happen though, because division.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerbeSonOfGloin View Post
Vanek for Krejci+Caron seems like a good deal. And yes, Vanek can switch to the right side if need be. Many would say he's better there. He often switches to the right on the PP.

Won't happen though, because division.

Please explain why would Boston be adding?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote