HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Krejci

Old
07-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

Please explain why would Boston be adding?
I don't wanna go against my own team here but... because Vanek is better is my guess.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I don't wanna go against my own team here but... because Vanek is better is my guess.
They both average points in the mid-60's. Vanek more goals, Krejci more assists.

2011-2012

Vanek: gp 78, g 26, a 35, pts 61
Krejci: gp 79, g 23, a 39, pts 62

Vanek points totals the past 5 seasons: 64, 64, 53, 73, 61
Krejci points totals the past 5 seasons: *27, 73, 52, 62, 62

*Krejci's rookie yr, 56 gp.

They seem pretty similar in value when looking strictly at points.

Vanek age 28
Krejci age 26

Vanek also makes $2m MORE per year.

So please again tell me why Boston adds??

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:37 AM
BergyWho37

Quote:
They both average points in the mid-60's. Vanek more goals, Krejci more assists.

2011-2012

Vanek age 28
Krejci age 26

Your on FIRE lately Now if you added a different prospect then Spooer all the time I'm down with you almost always keep it up dude

BergyWho37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
Your on FIRE lately Now if you added a different prospect then Spooer all the time I'm down with you almost always keep it up dude
I'm super excited to see what Spooner & Knight can do. Hopefully Horton can stay healthy & score some goals, & we can finally put this "Krejci for (insert winger)" to bed. I like this B's team as is, add Hamilton, Knight & Spooner..us B's fans are in for a good ride.

Old
07-27-2012, 10:45 AM
BergyWho37

Quote:
I'm super excited to see what Spooner & Knight can do. Hopefully Horton can stay healthy & score some goals, & we can finally put this "Krejci for (insert winger)" to bed. I like this B's team as is, add Hamilton, Knight & Spooner..us B's fans are in for a good ride.
Sooo true !! Krejci seems a little underrated by most. I really believe last year he was going to break out and then Horton went down Yes he still had Looch but I felt Krejci and Horton had better chemistry and same with Lucic and Horton ... Now if Horton goes down they better put Segs up and leave him there .. Give them time to gel claude that's where I got frustrated last year

I'm personality very happy with our team ... we a have great balance and a lot of them just coming into their prime and then we still have what looks like darn good prospects coming How many teams can say that and truly believe it !!

Old
07-27-2012, 10:49 AM
CDJ*

Remember that guy in the CGY trade proposal that called him a "spare part"

Still funny to me.

CDJ* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post

Still funny to me.
THAT was hilarious. He is in no way a "spare part" at all.

I think Vanek is a little underappreciated in general and is a very good goalscorer. I feel Krejci + Caron is fair value...

HOWEVER, I would not actually make that trade. I would rather have Krejci.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupChamps2011 View Post
Iglina is too old to be in a deal for Krejci
I don't know, Chara's 35, isn't Boston in win right now mode? I could see a deal based on Ignila for Krejci, though I think at this point Calgary would need to add.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:39 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I don't know, Chara's 35, isn't Boston in win right now mode? I could see a deal based on Ignila for Krejci, though I think at this point Calgary would need to add.
When, when do you see a team who is in Cup contention, trade a top line player away in exchange for a rental?

Old
07-27-2012, 12:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:

2011-2012

Vanek age 28
Krejci age 26

Centers usually make more points than wingers. I also value goals over assists. I wouldn't say they are worlds apart, but given a situation where Boston has a lot of versatile players and a true #1 in Bergeron I take Vanek.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
BruinsNeedaRussian

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Centers usually make more points than wingers. I also value goals over assists. I wouldn't say they are worlds apart, but given a situation where Boston has a lot of versatile players and a true #1 in Bergeron I take Vanek.
Buffalo also plays more offensive which gives Vanek an advantage. Straight up, it's worth consideration, but they have no need to give up their #1 center.

BruinsNeedaRussian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
We're in win-now mode right now yes, but the best years are to come in the future. Seguin is 20, Hamilton is 19, Rask is 25. Then Lucic, Marchand, Knight, Spooner, etc. are going to be critical for the future as well. I won't call it a rebuild, but with Chara being so old I'm sure we're trying to capitalize on what good years he has left and make another strong run. Krejci is 26, he'll enter his prime very soon.

I wouldn't go too far past a swap. Krejci is an important piece to this team, and Iginla is a rental.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
BlueBaron

As a Leaf fan I would love Krejci, I could live with him as our number one. The problem is I can't see many deals that works for both. We can't trade our first again to Boston so the only player that would make sense to build a trade around would be Lupul. I know a good many Bruins fans probabaly would not go for that.

I don't normally do these but:

Lupul, Liles , Rynnas, 5th

Krejci, Thomas, 3rd

We swallow Thomas's cap hit for the year, Bruins save close to 2 mil on the cap.
Bruins get decent depth at d and wing. Leafs get their Number 1 center until they can upgrade on Grabovski and Krejci becomes number 2.

BlueBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:50 PM
Tyler Biggs
Go Leafs Go!

What would it cost the Leafs to land him?

Tyler Biggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:10 AM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
As a Leaf fan I would love Krejci, I could live with him as our number one. The problem is I can't see many deals that works for both. We can't trade our first again to Boston so the only player that would make sense to build a trade around would be Lupul. I know a good many Bruins fans probabaly would not go for that.

Krejci, Thomas, 3rd

We swallow Thomas's cap hit for the year, Bruins save close to 2 mil on the cap.
Bruins get decent depth at d and wing. Leafs get their Number 1 center until they can upgrade on Grabovski and Krejci becomes number 2.
A couple thing that I don't like about this proposal. Krejci is a good 1st line center, adding Thomas to the deal lessons his value. Boston is looking to maximize what they can get if they trade Krejci. I personally am not a fan of Liles contract as he'd probably end up just playing the PP and 3rd pairing minutes, if that's all the B's would use him as (which is just an educated guess) I'd rather Franson at that point. The B's also have plenty of Lupul-esque players on the roster. He's really not an upgrade on what we have right now.

Not a horrible offer but just one I'd prefer the Bruins not making.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
Not sure the Leafs have what it would take. Boston is looking for a top-6 scoring winger and besides Kessel the Leafs don't really have another top-6 winger that I'd consider better than any of the B's current top-6 of Looch, Horton, Marchand, Seguin. The B's might also consider a top-4 D-man who can eat big minutes now and run a PP. Again, Phanuef doesn't work within Chia cap system, Gunnarsson would be a decent piece but the B's probably aren't looking for a package of quantity for Krejci and after that B's have there own Gardiner in Hamilton.

I'm just not seeing a fit. The Leafs just don't have the pieces that make sense for the B's.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:20 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post

Still funny to me.
I'm not defending the guy, but you guys are reading it all wrong. What he meant is that the Bruins have plenty of quality forwards throughout the line-up without Krejci, and that therefore he's expendable.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 04:22 AM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** the King

vCash: 447
Krejci is a fine player. The question with regards to trading him revolves around Seguin and, to a lesser degree, Spooner. If Boston feels that Seguin can play centre soon, they won't simply push him down to line 3, and Bergeron is not going anywhere. At that point, Krejci becomes a terrific trading chip that can be used to improve Boston in an area of need. Boston's defense is good, but I question its depth. If Chara goes down, its suddenly vulnerable. Hamilton is a great prospect, but D-men take awhile to establish themselves. I would personally look toward defense if Krejci is deemed expendable: the wing position could be filled internally, and wingers are actually not that hard to find on the open market should Boston be willing to do something in free agency (this year really sucked though).

BLASPHEMOUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:47 AM
bolt thrower
Danke Bomber Harris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Krejci is one of the most underrated players in the game. I am absolutely baffled that Bruins fans are willing to give him up.
Not all of us are. I for myself would love to keep him forever, he's one of my favourite players and it's only the beginning of his career. He will become even a better player.
Predicting 80pts from him the coming season.

bolt thrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:48 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintoMadDogsKiller18 View Post
I don't know what it would cost the Leafs but I don't see much on the Leaf"s roster that they would be willing to move that could entice a team to move a player like Krejci from a team like Boston.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 07:13 AM
GoBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Bergy is about as true a #1 as Krecji.

GoBs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 11:03 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post

Krejci, Thomas, 3rd

Not a bad offer but as has been stated Liles holds little value to us. His cap hit after this season would be a problem for us.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 02:44 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Krejci is one of the most underrated players in the game. I am absolutely baffled that Bruins fans are willing to give him up.
I love what Krejci brings to this team and the only reason I'd move him is cause of Segs but I doubt there is a rush to put Segs at center.

IF PC doesn't get fair value or an overpayment for Krejci in a deal.. He will be going nowhere Krejci does too many things right and he is a playoff stud Teams don't give these players away just cause they have too many centers

Old
09-04-2012, 02:51 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyWho37 View Post
I love what Krejci brings to this team and the only reason I'd move him is cause of Segs but I doubt there is a rush to put Segs at center.

IF PC doesn't get fair value or an overpayment for Krejci in a deal.. He will be going nowhere Krejci does too many things right and he is a playoff stud Teams don't give these players away just cause they have too many centers
So youd trade Krejci because of Seguin but Krejci is a type of player a team doesnt trade because they have too many centers?

I'd trade Krejci in a heartbeat for the right deal, I just don't see that right deal coming to fruition.

Krejci for Yandle makes our forward group look abysmal, even with Seguin switching to center. That leaves Rich Peverley as our second line RW (assuming Horton even comes back healthy, which is a BIG if).

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 03:11 PM
BergyWho37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
So youd trade Krejci because of Seguin but Krejci is a type of player a team doesnt trade because they have too many centers?

I'd trade Krejci in a heartbeat for the right deal, I just don't see that right deal coming to fruition.

Krejci for Yandle makes our forward group look abysmal, even with Seguin switching to center. That leaves Rich Peverley as our second line RW (assuming Horton even comes back healthy, which is a BIG if).
I really like Yandle but Krejci is hard to get rid of for defence if you ask me we NEED a RW in any deal with Krejci

As far as having too many centers it's not necessary a bad thing .. centers are usually more versatile

Old
09-04-2012, 03:29 PM
bullseyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Realisticlly I cant see the sabres and bruins making a trade but something in this ballpark would be something to think about from a buffalo POV.
As a Buffalo fan, the only players I'd want on the Sabres that are on Boston's roster are Krejci and Boychuck.

Giving up Vanek to get Krejci is a bit like selling your car for gas money though. Sabres could go Sekera+Hodgson or Leopold+Hodgson for Krejci, probably, but I don't know Boston would want that.

Plus long term I don't think I want to have to play against Boston with Hodgson and Seguin at center.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote