HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Krejci

Old
09-04-2012, 03:53 PM
bullseyed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
They both average points in the mid-60's. Vanek more goals, Krejci more assists.

2011-2012

Vanek: gp 78, g 26, a 35, pts 61
Krejci: gp 79, g 23, a 39, pts 62

Vanek points totals the past 5 seasons: 64, 64, 53, 73, 61
Krejci points totals the past 5 seasons: *27, 73, 52, 62, 62

*Krejci's rookie yr, 56 gp.

They seem pretty similar in value when looking strictly at points.

Vanek age 28
Krejci age 26

Vanek also makes $2m MORE per year.

So please again tell me why Boston adds??
Vanek's points come on a fringe playoff or missing the playoffs team, Krejci's come on a Stanley Cup winning team? When one player is surrounded by much, much better talent and puts up the same points, the player with less talent on his team is ergo much more talented.

bullseyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 04:20 PM
CowbellConray

Not to derail the thread, but Vanek and Krejci are almost identical in points... But Vanek averages a minute and a half less a game... Vanek was at 16:56 last season and Krejci was at 18:25.

The season before, when he was given 17:21 a game he scored 73 points...

Vanek doesnt play nearly as much as other players his caliber, and it kills his stats.

CowbellConray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 04:49 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowbellConray View Post
Not to derail the thread, but Vanek and Krejci are almost identical in points... But Vanek averages a minute and a half less a game... Vanek was at 16:56 last season and Krejci was at 18:25.

The season before, when he was given 17:21 a game he scored 73 points...

Vanek doesnt play nearly as much as other players his caliber, and it kills his stats.
Yup. For some reason Ruff has never really used him like the high caliber talent he is. IIRC, he gave Vanek PK minutes for like a month in 2008, and he scored 3 or 4 shorthanded goals. Then Ruff pulled him off that for some reason and it never happened again because...? Vanek still gets plenty of PP minutes, but he just doesn't get the kind of ES and PK time most forwards of his ilk do.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 05:23 PM
agreen23

I dont want to trade Krejci this season... If he is and he plays in a more open system with the minutes he deserves, he'll absolutely light it up.

I want to run Looch-Krejci-Segs and turn them loose. With a dynamic talent like Segs on his wing, I think he can be a PPG player. Hes never had that type of talent around him.

I cant even count the times he has sprung Looch/Horton on breakaways and passes to the slot/back door only to see them flub the chance. Not saying Segs will be automatic but he is far and away the purest goal scorer on the Bs.

agreen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:54 PM
rockinghockey

I don't know why Caron would be added as he is just a bust.

The Krejci for Kulikov seems pretty fair to me though. Seems that they could use a centreman but they do have a few kids on their way.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2012, 08:57 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
As a Buffalo fan, the only players I'd want on the Sabres that are on Boston's roster are Krejci and Boychuck.

Giving up Vanek to get Krejci is a bit like selling your car for gas money though. Sabres could go Sekera+Hodgson or Leopold+Hodgson for Krejci, probably, but I don't know Boston would want that.

Plus long term I don't think I want to have to play against Boston with Hodgson and Seguin at center.
Seguin will be a good player but Hodgson is going to be nothing special unless he has top talent on his wings.

Old
09-04-2012, 08:58 PM
rockinghockey

I like Krejci but I would not trade Ryan for him.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I don't know why Caron would be added as he is just a bust.
A 21 year old who has a starting spot on our 3rd line? He was projected to be a good 4th liner or middle of the pack 3rd liner... He has potential to be a great 3rd liner who's great defensively and kills penalties, maybe even a 2nd liner with Marchand and Bergeron... How the hell is that a bust?

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote