HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Visnovsky trying to void trade to Isles - UPDATE: More Drama (post #510)

Closed Thread

Old
08-06-2012, 12:37 PM
Noreaster96

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
If he trade is voided the compensation we will recieve is.... future considerations. It sucks but the league is not going to award us anything for the situation. The ducks will get a slap on the wrist maybe trade Visnovsky to us again with his approval otherwise we will get our pick back and our rep tarnished and the league will call it a day.
How does this tarnish the isles reputation? I mean, something like this would only happen to the Isles but it's not really their fault

Old
08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Mr Wentworth
Arch Duke of Raleigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
How does this tarnish the isles reputation? I mean, something like this would only happen to the Isles but it's not really their fault
It isn't the Isles fault, but do you think fans of teams apart from the Ducks and Isles know what is going on? I'm not even too sure what is going on!

Do you think a Wings fan knows?

I'm willing to bet the Wings fan knows this, "There's another player who is refusing to play for the Isles. What farce the Isles are."

Old
08-06-2012, 01:05 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
It isn't the Isles fault, but do you think fans of teams apart from the Ducks and Isles know what is going on? I'm not even too sure what is going on!

Do you think a Wings fan knows?

I'm willing to bet the Wings fan knows this, "There's another player who is refusing to play for the Isles. What farce the Isles are."
I agree this is not the Islanders fault. This is amost completely on the Ducks. However people today will not care enough to look at facts. They go with popular opinions and follow to people who dont check the facts. It is still be reported by some bloggers and alternitive hockey meda that Visnovsky is making it known he does not want to come here. This is being echoed by the Islander haters along with the conspiracy theorists here. They are continuing to blow it out thier collective rears. People today are ignorant, uninformed and quick to jump on bandwagons before looking for facts.

Old
08-06-2012, 01:08 PM
Fantom

Quote:
If he trade is voided the compensation we will recieve is.... future considerations. It sucks but the league is not going to award us anything for the situation. The ducks will get a slap on the wrist maybe trade Visnovsky to us again with his approval otherwise we will get our pick back and our rep tarnished and the league will call it a day.
thats all they can do to be honest. I do not see this as a mark on us however. more on the ducks

Old
08-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Fantom

Quote:
I agree this is not the Islanders fault. This is amost completely on the Ducks. However people today will not care enough to look at facts. They go with popular opinions and follow to people who dont check the facts. It is still be reported by some bloggers and alternitive hockey meda that Visnovsky is making it known he does not want to come here. This is being echoed by the Islander haters along with the conspiracy theorists here. They are continuing to blow it out thier collective rears. People today are ignorant, uninformed and quick to jump on bandwagons before looking for facts.
good point. perception is more powerful than reality here

Old
08-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Pnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
Why do we care about any of the other teams fans? Even Wings and Rags fans I could care less about. In the whole scheme of things teh Wings got Jimmy Delavano who I believe without they wouldnt have won the 3 cups in 97 98 and 02 (maybe even in 08). They owe us (?)
Quote:

More true words have never been spoken here...in NHL hockey or otherwise. I blame the "get it now" attitude in (US)society, that if people dont get it right away, they get all pissy and moany.

Old
08-06-2012, 05:51 PM
OlTimeHockey

IMHO, the trade isn't the Isles fault, but the image is 100,000% the Isles fault.

The stinky kid asks a girl to the prom and she agrees until she thinks better of it, so it's not the stinky kid's fault for trying and having her change her mind.

It's the stinky kid's fault for smelling like rotten cheese sitting in gym shoes buried in horse feces.

The Isles can always start changing their image and hire a good GM and have Wang stay the **** out of operations, but only if they want perception to change. (see: Chicago post mortem)

Old
08-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Isles72

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
IMHO, the trade isn't the Isles fault, but the image is 100,000% the Isles fault.

The stinky kid asks a girl to the prom and she agrees until she thinks better of it, so it's not the stinky kid's fault for trying and having her change her mind.

It's the stinky kid's fault for smelling like rotten cheese sitting in gym shoes buried in horse feces.

The Isles can always start changing their image and hire a good GM and have Wang stay the **** out of operations, but only if they want perception to change. (see: Chicago post mortem)
amen

Old
08-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Noreaster96

Quote:

It really wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were just a push for leverage in th upcoming CBA negotiations as some people have speculated

Old
08-07-2012, 07:33 AM
crashthenet

Is this over yet? What is taking so long?

Old
08-07-2012, 07:41 AM
tmg

Quote:
If he trade is voided the compensation we will recieve is.... future considerations.
What I'm curious about is: what would the league do if they had to void a trade, and the trade had been for a 2012 pick? Surely they couldn't force the Isles to give the Ducks their draft-selected player, or their equivalent pick in a later year. How would the league 'rewind' a pre-draft trade if it involved a pick used at that draft?

It's a moot point for this trade, but a curious hypothetical had this trade been slightly different.

Old
08-07-2012, 07:45 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg View Post
What I'm curious about is: what would the league do if they had to void a trade, and the trade had been for a 2012 pick? Surely they couldn't force the Isles to give the Ducks their draft-selected player, or their equivalent pick in a later year. How would the league 'rewind' a pre-draft trade if it involved a pick used at that draft?

It's a moot point for this trade, but a curious hypothetical had this trade been slightly different.
They would do the draft all over again. That's what happened in the famous Karpotsev trade of 1881.

Old
08-07-2012, 08:28 AM
JetsMetsIsles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmg View Post

Since they would have to do it for next years draft I'd imagine they would owe us whatever pick is better than our 2nd so they would have to give us their first. That is assuming that the fault lies on their side.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:12 PM
scott99

Quote:
They would do the draft all over again. That's what happened in the famous Karpotsev trade of 1881.
Ah, I remember the famous Karpotsev trade of 1881, Seems like yesterday, I was only 19, my vehicle was only 1 horsepower, and women wore their dresses really long. Those were the days.

Old
08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I was only 19, my vehicle was only 1 horsepower, and women wore their dresses really long.
Plus, goalies sucked.

Old
08-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Maize and Blue

You could always trade him to where he would be willing to play for the same value or slightly better than you got him for!

Old
08-08-2012, 01:50 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Ah, I remember the famous Karpotsev trade of 1881, Seems like yesterday, I was only 19, my vehicle was only 1 horsepower, and women wore their dresses really long. Those were the days.
good times.

Old
08-08-2012, 03:15 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:

Old
08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Isn't that what ended the Crimean War or something?

Old
08-08-2012, 07:36 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

When do we find out? Would be weird if he loses and has to play here. Guess it would be like the nabby situation.

Old
08-09-2012, 07:03 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
When do we find out? Would be weird if he loses and has to play here. Guess it would be like the nabby situation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Dy56...eature=related

Old
08-10-2012, 02:25 AM
ichabod13

there is no reason for this issue to NOT be resolved by now. every party involved has had ample time to gather, copy, and fax their documents to the league office. and the leagues lawyers have had enough time to figure out who is right and who is wrong in this deal.

its total NHLPA bull ****..........as usual.

Old
08-10-2012, 06:49 AM
beach
Things are looking

Send a message via ICQ to beach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
More true words have never been spoken here...in NHL hockey or otherwise. I blame the "get it now" attitude in (US)society, that if people dont get it right away, they get all pissy and moany.
Yes, Islanders fans need to be more patient. We've only sucked for two decades.

Old
08-10-2012, 07:56 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
there is no reason for this issue to NOT be resolved by now. every party involved has had ample time to gather, copy, and fax their documents to the league office. and the leagues lawyers have had enough time to figure out who is right and who is wrong in this deal.

its total NHLPA bull ****..........as usual.
I am fairly sure that the CBA is more pressing of a issue here.

Old
08-10-2012, 08:35 PM
phamJET

Iam hoping the ducks keep vishnovsky, cause I will trade him to the islanders in my GM connected league

Closed Thread