HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Visnovsky trying to void trade to Isles - UPDATE: More Drama (post #510)

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2012, 09:20 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Isn't that what ended the Crimean War or something?
He showed up, took two shots and disappeared.

Old
08-11-2012, 12:10 PM
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?

vCash: 250
It is looking more and more like they won't field the question until the CBA is done. I feel bad for Garth on this one. he will have no time to retool if Vis goes elsewhere.

Old
08-11-2012, 09:23 PM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
I am fairly sure that the CBA is more pressing of a issue here.
im pretty sure they can spare the 10-20 minutes it would take via conference call.
have an intern who is not involved in the cba negotiations review the documents presented. have him/her hi-lite where it says the no trade cause was or wasnt valid at the time of the trade, set up the conference call and the whole ****ing ordeal is resolved in less than an hour.

life can be pretty simple when you eliminate the ********.

Old
08-12-2012, 01:54 AM
luki here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichabod13 View Post
im pretty sure they can spare the 10-20 minutes it would take via conference call.
have an intern who is not involved in the cba negotiations review the documents presented. have him/her hi-lite where it says the no trade cause was or wasnt valid at the time of the trade, set up the conference call and the whole ****ing ordeal is resolved in less than an hour.

life can be pretty simple when you eliminate the ********.
An intern? Its apparently not as simple as looking up the contract. There is also the compensation for the isles that needs deciding upon.

Old
08-12-2012, 02:52 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
An intern? Its apparently not as simple as looking up the contract. There is also the compensation for the isles that needs deciding upon.
youre putting the cart before the horse buddy.....the trade would need to be ruled invalid before compensation is even talked about.

and it IS as easy as looking at the contract and other documents. they are legal binding documents. no ifs, ands, or buts. you are legally bound by signing that contract.

Last edited by ichabod13: 08-12-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old
08-12-2012, 03:34 AM
IslesNorway

No point in this dragging on any further as that is in neither part's interest. Why can't they just have a panel sit down, read the contract through and through and then give a verdict?

If Vis wins then he is back with the Ducks, if he loses he is with the Islanders. It's that simple.

Old
08-12-2012, 04:38 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
Why can't they just have a panel sit down, read the contract through and through and then give a verdict?
because it would make too much sence.
and god knows the league nor the players reps will do anything that makes sence.
the longer they can drag it out, the happier they are ( it makes it look like they are earnng their money.) they want to make mountains out of mole hills.

thats why an ocean full of lawyers would be a great start to re-building this planet.

Old
08-12-2012, 06:27 AM
luki here

Quote:
because it would make too much sence.
and god knows the league nor the players reps will do anything that makes sence.
the longer they can drag it out, the happier they are ( it makes it look like they are earnng their money.) they want to make mountains out of mole hills.

thats why an ocean full of lawyers would be a great start to re-building this planet.
So the idea is that they are all a bunch of morons and are bad at hiding it? Too simple...obviously there are substantial reasons for why this hasnt been ruled yet. Who decides when they sit down and deal with this thing?

Old
08-12-2012, 09:56 AM
JKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
It is looking more and more like they won't field the question until the CBA is done. I feel bad for Garth on this one. he will have no time to retool if Vis goes elsewhere.
I can't remember where I saw it, but I thought it was going to be early Sept. when this was arbitrated on. I believe there's a process for selecting the arbitrator, and then they need to schedule it with that person's schedule, which is why it takes a few weeks.

Old
08-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Islander Prophet

I rather the trade being voided and we get back our pick + a compensation than having a player who has no interest at all playing with us and will probably either not show up or play terrible without motivation

Old
08-12-2012, 11:37 AM
IslesNorway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
I rather the trade being voided and we get back our pick + a compensation than having a player who has no interest at all playing with us and will probably either not show up or play terrible without motivation
If Vis wins I don't see the Isles getting any compensation except if he decides to accept a trade to the Islanders and they get him for a 3rd instead of a 2nd. I can see the Ducks getting some sort of punishment though for not honouring his contract.

Old
08-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesNorway View Post
Why can't they just have a panel sit down, read the contract through and through and then give a verdict?
Probably because nobody is really bothered about this except for 2% of hockey fans on message boards. What difference does it make if it's resolved tomorrow or 3 weeks from now?

Old
08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
And that's what we said about Nabokov...

Old
08-12-2012, 12:23 PM
original islander

Quote:
Agree.

Old
08-12-2012, 02:22 PM
CanseiDeSerBreakcore
One More Astronaut

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart Shaped Box View Post
And that's what we said about Nabokov...
This is the interesting part...

If the Islanders had the same kind of leverage they had with Nabokov and his desire to play in the World Championships, I'd say the situations could both work out as advantageously. I have no clue whether or not Visnovsky's desire is total retirement and a return to Slovakia, returning to Slovakia and playing hockey there, to stay with the Ducks, to be traded to another team, etc. It remains to be seen whether this situation even works in a way that Visnovsky believes the Islanders have the sort of 'carrot' to offer in return for a good performance, whether that carrot would be a trade to a contender for a shot at the cup or whatever - and that scenario is even harder to read since the first phase of this is up to a hearing between Visnovsky's agent, an arbitrator and the NHLPA.

The lack of a "you scratch our back, we'll scratch yours" situation and the potential for a lockout make this a harder read. Not knowing Visnovsky's end-game makes it a little less desirable of a situation, while the lack of a plan-b trade almost brings it back to even for me. I'd rather see a player acquired to support either scenario.

I wonder what Freddy Meyer's up to these days.....

(Sidenote: He actually had a pretty good year in Sweden.)

Old
08-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Aucoin3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
Probably because nobody is really bothered about this except for 2% of hockey fans on message boards. What difference does it make if it's resolved tomorrow or 3 weeks from now?
I think 2 teams care about it (6% of the league) and I know of one player and one agent who care about it. Not to mention you have a full union as well as league repuation in a pissing contest so they all care about it.

Old
08-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
So the idea is that they are all a bunch of morons and are bad at hiding it? Too simple...obviously there are substantial reasons for why this hasnt been ruled yet. Who decides when they sit down and deal with this thing?
i would think that this does not get settled until a CBA is finished

Old
08-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Fantom

Quote:
What would Said Compensation be if any ?
I doubt we would get anything

Old
08-14-2012, 12:31 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Daggers Crime View Post
What difference does it make if it's resolved tomorrow or 3 weeks from now?
just to get it over with. so all parties involved can move on with their business.

maybe im a weirdo, but i like issues resolved as quickly as possible. and this issue has dragged on for way too long.

with todays technology, documents can be sent from the wrong coast to the right coast in about 2 seconds. said documents can be reviewed to see if the trade is legal or not in just a few minutes. is there or is there not a no trade clause that includes/covers the date of the trade? if there is a document saying the trade date was covered by a no trade clause, invalidate the trade. if there isnt, well then its welcome to long island lubomir.

but no, the drama queens known as the NHL and the NHLPA want to add as much ******** into it as possible just to drag it out even longer.

Old
08-14-2012, 08:29 AM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin3 View Post
I think 2 teams care about it (6% of the league) and I know of one player and one agent who care about it. Not to mention you have a full union as well as league repuation in a pissing contest so they all care about it.
Quote:
just to get it over with. so all parties involved can move on with their business.
I'm sure they care, but I doubt there's any rush to get it done right away. It's not like there's much business to be done in August, especially when there's bigger CBA fish to fry. Message board fans want it done tomorrow because they're antsy to start their "Who r the Isles lines lol next season" threads.

Old
08-14-2012, 09:41 AM
isles31
Poster Excellont

Quote:

maybe im a weirdo, but i like issues resolved as quickly as possible. and this issue has dragged on for way too long.

with todays technology, documents can be sent from the wrong coast to the right coast in about 2 seconds. said documents can be reviewed to see if the trade is legal or not in just a few minutes. is there or is there not a no trade clause that includes/covers the date of the trade? if there is a document saying the trade date was covered by a no trade clause, invalidate the trade. if there isnt, well then its welcome to long island lubomir.

but no, the drama queens known as the NHL and the NHLPA want to add as much ******** into it as possible just to drag it out even longer.
a month an a half to review whether the NTC was honored. That shouldnt take more than a morning worth or work, yet here we are...with NO news. The NHL is run like garbage and Bettman is making almost as much as Crosby this yr...figure that out. This will be the 3rd lockout under Bettman in the last 18 yrs, and it WILL destroy the NHL.

Old
08-14-2012, 10:27 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by isles31 View Post
a month an a half to review whether the NTC was honored. That shouldnt take more than a morning worth or work, yet here we are...with NO news. The NHL is run like garbage and Bettman is making almost as much as Crosby this yr...figure that out. This will be the 3rd lockout under Bettman in the last 18 yrs, and it WILL destroy the NHL.
Lets not jump off the ledge yet. Lets see what is included in the PA's proposal today. Then we can find the midpoints andgive an take ad hammer out a deal before the Sept. 15 deadline. This is assuming the Players dont want to take a Month to respond again. Its the PA that is draging this out. the League tryed to start the Negiotiations around the All Star break.

Old
08-19-2012, 07:13 AM
azrok22

vCash: 3743
The hearing is apparently September 4th.

Quote:
Lubomir Visnovsky, who filed a grievance to stop his trade from the Ducks to the Islanders, will get his day in his NHL arbitration court on Sept. 4, Slap Shots has learned.

The 36-year-old defenseman, dealt on June 23 for a 2013 second-round draft pick, did not consent to waive his no-trade clause he and the NHLPA contend should still be in force, even after he agreed to a previous trade from the Oilers to the Ducks in 2009-10.

Visnovsky is due $3 million for the final season of a five-year deal that carries a cap hit of $5.6 million, thus making him the quintessential Islander of the Charles Wang/Garth Snow Floor Regime.
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...fS7XMofEFXE2NO

Old
08-19-2012, 07:57 AM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post

Thank you Azrok for the update.

Old
08-19-2012, 11:36 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post

Finally, we get this before the abitrator.

Let's get a ruling one way or the other and move on.

Closed Thread