HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN: Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 03:21 PM
nevesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
I don't see Doan signing here to be honest.
He visited the other day and was shown the practice facility. I am sure they showed him around the most beautiful parts of Westchester where he and his family could live in a nice big house and be far enough away from the city, but close enough to be on a true contender.

It's truly the best of both worlds living in this area.

Old
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The Cap might be going down though, with the new CBA.
Any large cap reduction would have to include a commensurate salary rollback, otherwise it would just be chaos.

Old
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
We have over 13m in cap space. We can easily afford Doan and another player.
Oh lord. Come on guys. How do we re-sign our RFAs next offseason then? This kind of thinking is what brought us dark days in the past.

Old
jniklast

I don't like this, simply because I wouldn't have been thrilled to sign Nash to that contract if he were an UFA, let alone give up valueable assets.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
You do realize that MDZ is an RFA, right? He doesn't really have many options other than to re-sign. The question is really about how many years, not whether he'll be back.
I do, but I always make sure I include that small doubt. Don't expect MDZ to go anywhere, but crazier things have happened in this league.

Old
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

Before we validate the parade route, can we please see what becomes of the new CBA?

7.8 million for 6 years. I need to see results first.

Old
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
The prime is generally peaking right around 28, man. It's that way in pretty much every sport. You see the peak years and then a general decline at 32 or so.
I think that's generally athletic decline. Hockey seems to have some weird thing (at least recently) where the big goal scorers tend to score a lot when they're younger.

That said, there are obviously guys like Gaborik who continue to do well in their late 20's/early 30's

I expect Nash will be scoring between 30 and 40 goals for like 4 more years

Old
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2550
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Does that 13.3M include the summer space, or is it real, usable money for next season?
That's the summer cap. We have about $7ish MM for next season, but the cap will definitely go down.

broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
You're right. Look, I'm glad the deal for Nash was finally consumated.
I know we lost a couple of roster players in Dubi and Anni but you have to give to get. Dubi especially had a special place in everyone's heart; he along with Cally were our first true homegrown players with both guys being drafted in 2004.
Dubi's versatility and gritiness were big factors in the development of our team the past 6 yrs but the hand writing was on the wall after his poor season last year. Anisimov? I never got the sense that he was going to do whatever was necessary to take his game to the next level.
I wish both Dubi and Anni the best of luck but as I see it, we won this deal because Nash will make us a better and tougher team to play against!
I'm not that broken up about Dubi or AA departing. They were both inconsistent and neither were really legit top 6 forwards. I actually think Erixon is the bigger wild card in this deal. Many think he'll be a #2 dman while others think he tops out as a 4/5 guy. If he develops into the former this trade is a lot closer to a wash than a fleecing. Time will tell.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

vCash: 50
im actually excited to see how they do in Columbus. Dubinsky will be wearing an A soon enough and Arty might break out. It's a whole new ball game now, they got more weight to pull and will be interesting to see if they can shine for them.

Old
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus Dog View Post
Oh lord. Come on guys. How do we re-sign our RFAs next offseason then? This kind of thinking is what brought us dark days in the past.
Not if you sign Doan to a short term deal.

Old
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
Cap may go down, and we may have a lockout. The only thing we know to be true is that ticket prices will go up.
Could you imagine if we had a full lockout this year, and next year MSG comes back and raises prices even higher than this year?

egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers88 View Post
The Cap might be going down though, with the new CBA.
I have a feeling there might be a way to go over the cap with the next deal. Lower cap but maybe a luxury tax.

Old
Dr. Ogrodnick

Quote:
Rangers need to stay away from Doan. Sign Stralman and Del Zotto, add a bottom pair defenseman, and hold on to the 7-8 mil in cap room left over until after the new CBA is finalized. A few guys might become available then. Otherwise save that money for extensions to Mcdonagh, Kreider and Stepan.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
your kind of thinking brings us indigestion.

Sathers a big boy, he knows who he can sign or dump in the future to make room. We can sign Doan and be just fine.

Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
That's the summer cap. We have about $7ish MM for next season, but the cap will definitely go down.
That's what I thought. So after MDZ is re-signed we'll likely have ~5M left.

But I don't see the cap going down. Worst case it will be frozen for a couple years with the extra money going to the owners until the new revenue split is in place. I just don't see the NHL screwing with the big market teams because they spent to the max. Really don't see that happening.

Old
Vitto79

I think they stop while they are ahead now. Keep the cap space. Realistically Doan is going to stay out West and they cant sign another long term deal with the RFAs that get raises next yr.

top 2 lines are delicious now

Love the idea of Hagelin on the 3rd line. I can see Miller being on the team by the All Star Break. all depends on how Pyatt does on the 3rd line because Rupp, Halpern, Asham are 4th liners no doubt.

The D is a little weaker with Erixon not an option but if Sauer is healthy. Yea Big IF then tehy are fine

Old
07-23-2012, 03:25 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think that's generally athletic decline. Hockey seems to have some weird thing (at least recently) where the big goal scorers tend to score a lot when they're younger.

That said, there are obviously guys like Gaborik who continue to do well in their late 20's/early 30's

I expect Nash will be scoring between 30 and 40 goals for like 4 more years
Yeah, I'd expect him to produce on a 70+ point pace for the next 4 years or so. Maybe even 5 or 6 since he hasn't had much to play for lately and I think wasn't playing full out.

Then when he hits 32-ish, I think is when we need to worry. But I'm pretty confident he will last past then.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:26 PM
DM23BK30
HFB Partner

I bet in Columbus the Nash story isn't even headlining

Old
07-23-2012, 03:26 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Whats the scouting report on this Delisle kid they got?

Old
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah, I'd expect him to produce on a 70+ point pace for the next 4 years or so. Maybe even 5 or 6 since he hasn't had much to play for lately and I think wasn't playing full out.

Then when he hits 32-ish, I think is when we need to worry. But I'm pretty confident he will last past then.
Also, despite having a big contract for 6 more years, it is nice that it ends before he hits 35

It's not like he's going to be counting $7.8 mill towards the cap until he's 40

Old
07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Lexus Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
your kind of thinking brings us indigestion.

Sathers a big boy, he knows who he can sign or dump in the future to make room. We can sign Doan and be just fine.
I highly doubt that and I really wanted Doan because he's a Ranger type of player. Wouldn't have minded giving him that rumored 4 year/$30 million he was asking. Plus, no cost in assets.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Lundsanity30

so with the Nash trade, and with Gaborik out, the Rangers pretty much have the same scoring we had last year (even with Gabs out).. When Gabs is back.....

Old
Killem Dafoe
Global Moderator
Regular Salad

Quote:
I highly doubt that and I really wanted Doan because he's a Ranger type of player. Wouldn't have minded giving him that rumored 4 year/$30 million he was asking. Plus, no cost in assets.
Contracts can be negotiated and molded to an extent. Certainly nothing to worry about in regards to signing a great player like Doan.

And yes, i was kidding. You didn't actually give me indigestion with your thoughts.

Old
theFiGS42

Sooo what does everyone think our lines will look like when gaborik back? I'd honestly give Nash Richards and GABs a shot together

Closed Thread