HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash, Delisle, Cond. 3rd Rnd to Rangers for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st Rnd

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
EspenK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
It seems like every forward in Columbus is listed as C/LW. Does anyone play RW or do they all pile on the left side?
Nash plays the right side-oh wait, nevermind, he's not here anymore.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Anyone feel like tweeting "WE don't WANT you! Oh wait, you'd have to first be in the NHL to get that reference."

Old
EHCler

All things considered this is not a bad trade for the Blue Jackets.

Added to decent 2nd good 3rd line players.
A NHL ready D prospect and a first.

Ok you guys will not compete for the playoffs this year but at least there finally is a proper rebuild.
Sure Nash was your best player but where did this team go with him. Not like a lot was tried to surround him with decent talent.

I understand times not easy for you guys but at least changes are made

Old
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post

Anyone feel like tweeting "WE don't WANT you! Oh wait, you'd have to first be in the NHL to get that reference."
Haha I remember that. +1

Old
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
I really hope Howson reveals the extent that Nash's NTC clause affected trade discussions.
I don't...

What I mean is that I know it was substantial, but if he gets up there and tries to toss Nash under the bus again he'll just come off looking worse.

Most of us know it wasn't an easy job, and the easy thing for him to do is try and save some face. While it may redirect some anger at Nash and off his shoulders, I'd rather just move on and let the past be the past.

All summer I debated making a Nash tribute video. Sometimes the video in my head was thankful towards Nash and what he did for this city and this team, other days it was a bit angry at wanting out. But in reality, I had already moved on. Lets acknowledge the past, not **** on it trying to save some face, and look forward to next season.

Old
puckgoalnet

I was hoping for more, but convinced it would end up being something like this. So I'm "meh" with it.

I do like the Dubi & Arti are hard workers. Bringing in JJ, Nick, Dubi, and Arti goes a long way in changing the Country Club atmosphere and the identity of the Jackets. For that reason alone, I'm happy with it. I'd rather see a hard working team from top to bottom than one superstar surrounded by a lack of talent.

I can't believe how many people are dumping on Dubi, Arty & Erixson. Take Nash out of the equation and we would have been happy to add them. Now they're not very good just because it's not what you expected for Nash?

I think we have a DMAN moving though .. be shocked if we didn't. But I will say that we will FINALLY field a defense to be proud of. Loads of talent back there. I remember in when we drafted Klesla McL said we'd be "building from the pipes out". We never did that and it was a HUGE mistake. Seems like we're finally doing that.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

At least his contagious laziness is gone...

That should be good for about two more pages of discussion on Nash...

Old
07-23-2012, 04:27 PM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Very disappointed right now, maybe that will change at some point. I really hope Howson has another deal in the works.

N o o d l e s

Bruins fan here to help shed some light to make you feel better. We traded Joe Thornton in his prime for Wayne Primeau, Brad Stuart, and Marco Sturm. We barely even used any of those pieces, but it allowed us to start a rebuild and win a cup not too long after. Don't get too down, at least you got players with some potential like Anisimov and Erixon. Dubinsky's last year may have been a fluke as well. You guys had to reload sometime, and you actually have some talented young prospects.

Old
CapnCornelius

This trade is Joe Thornton-esque. Ultimately we only "win" based on what we do after this trade--i.e. end up picking #1 overall next year, turn the glut of defensemen and centers into Bobby Ryan, etc.

But, on its own, I don't think this trade solved our most glaring problems. Unless people think having more second/third line tweeners, depth defenseman and center/wingers was what we needed to get to the next level.

Old
bgkennedy19

Wings fan coming in peace.
Wow, our forums have been calling for Hollands head since we have had an underwhelming offseason.....but wow, Howson is going to get tore a new one for this.

Not a bad trade but its hard to believe there was nothing better out there. Dubinsky is a good player but he needs to rebound. Erixon is going to lose his mind going to CBJ after whining his way out of Calgary. AA is borderline top 6 and who knows about the 1st.

Hard to believe you didnt get at least 1 top tier player.
From the looks of it you guys are now building from the bottom, everyone is young and you'll get top pick next year.

Don't worry, you future is brighter then it was yesterday. Not much help now but just hang in there. My Wings used to have to give cars away at home games to get fans in.

Old
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Have a detroit-friend who claims Filppula, Nyquist and 1st would have been a better deal for Columbus. I strongly disagree. What do you think?
Please thank your friend. I needed the laugh.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
07-23-2012, 04:29 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Hawks fan here, just wanted to say I think you guys did better than the main boards are indicating I think overall this is a smart move for your team and I'm eager to see the BJs step it up this year.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I fully expect us to trade for Bernier either today or tomorrow and do nothing to add a goal scorer. If we're going to suck, atleast make us a hardworking team to watch. Which is why I'm somewhat happy this whole thing is over. Dubinsky and Anisimov arent going to take over a game but atleast they'll work hard. Its nice to have hope that the culture of laziness might change.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
EspenK

Lots of good thoughts on this but I'll add mine:

The Good:

Nash is gone

I like Dubinsky

Another 1st round pick

Erixon could become a top 4 d-man or be quickly turned in a trade

Arnisimov seems to be having some growing pains but Ranger fans have indicated he has some upside potential.

Likelihood of a top draft choice next year increasing

The Bad

No superstar in return (but that wasn't going to happen-it just wasn't logical from the other teams point of view)

No solid backup goalie

No Hagelin

The Interesting

To see how "floating" Rick Nash fits with Torts. Could be great or a disaster-I don't see an in between

Watching the Blue Jackets develop a whole new system consisting of 3 defensemen at a time, 2 centers and a LW

Old
07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
Name me one other player, besides Carter, who acted like Carter did after getting traded to Columbus.
...anywhere in the NHL, any time in the last 30 years.

I've done the research. Carter is the only one who both did it and then floated around on the ice as well. Hell, Scott Stevens threatened lawsuits and retirement rather than join the Devils...couldn't tell that ever happened while he was winning Stanley Cups.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Corvidae

So I guess Moore and Savard go back to the AHL and Murray back to Juniors? They have 5 D signed to 1 way deals and Erixson. If Erixson goes to the AHL instead, 3 out of 4 of them still aren't in the starting lineup.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:34 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Watching the Blue Jackets develop a whole new system consisting of 3 defensemen at a time, 2 centers and a LW
And get repeatedly called for too many men on the ice!

Old
07-23-2012, 04:37 PM
section 204

It is what it is.

CBJ will be better than last year (couldn't be worse) and it seems that the strategy is to change the culture in preparation for high end talent over the next few years with all those picks.

I'd be surprised if we add a proven goal scorer, pleasantly surprised, but surprised none-the-less.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:37 PM
CBJWennberg41
Me when I watch CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
So I guess Moore and Savard go back to the AHL and Murray back to Juniors? They have 5 D signed to 1 way deals and Erixson. If Erixson goes to the AHL instead, 3 out of 4 of them still aren't in the starting lineup.
One of the three (Savard, Moore, Erixon) will be traded. IMO

Old
07-23-2012, 04:39 PM
Jacket Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckgoalnet View Post
said we'd be "building from the pipes out". We never did that and it was a HUGE mistake. Seems like we're finally doing that.
Except we don't have anything in the pipes, unless it's a pipe dream your talking or smoking about.

Old
Corvidae

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I hope so. It's good to have a lot of depth on D, but it's a shame when some really good players end up in the minors because of it. My Penguins have a similar "problem" right now.

Old
FANonymous

Quote:
Hope it's Erixon. We've already been through players forcing their way off our team and he's currently the highest risk to do so. Let someone else deal with him.

Old
CapnCornelius

Quote:
Think you are limiting it too much. Don't be surprised if Fedor Tyutin is the odd man out. He's more likely to give us the return we'd be after than the other 3.

Old
07-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Corvidae

Actually, the more I think about it, it would be pretty sweet and not impossible for Columbus to flip some of those guys for Bobby Ryan.

Closed Thread