HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nash, Delisle, Cond. 3rd Rnd to Rangers for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st Rnd

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 06:28 PM
CBJSlash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post

How many did he get in Columbus? We occasionally gave Gaborik and Richards maintenance days, but they weren't that common. A few days a year.

Which side does he usually play? If it's left halfwall, yeah, for sure. He's not beating Callahan in front of the net. Cally's had 10 (in 60 games) and 13 goals there the past two years - he's one of the best in front of the net guys.
Gaborik plays the right halfwall so he'd have to beat him out there. Gabby was good for ~15 PP goals (quite a bit more than Nash) his two best years here (when he had 40+) and even his down year he had 10 in 60.

It depends what role he's asked to play on the PP. I think our biggest need is a RH bomb of a shot to play left point and second biggest need is LH playmaker on the left halfboards.
I have no idea how many he actually had, but it was a relatively common occurance. I can't give you an approximation though of how many there actually were.

If you look at his PPG numbers, http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/stats/_/id/1569/rick-nash, one will stick out. 19 in his 41 goal season. The last 2? 6, 6. This in my opinion explains his demonishing goal total. In a nut shell, over the past 9 years he's slowly moved away from the net.

When he was 20 years old, he took a pounding in front of the net and scored a ton of goals that way. Seeing the best guy on the team sacrifice night in and night out, is huge for a team. He slowly got away from this. As he did with the PK the last 3 years.

Of course these are coaches decisions.

What you will be surprised to know is I don't think Nash's shot is that good. I'd actually dare to say it's average. In terms of power and snap and he doesn't really use a slapper and rarely takes one-timers.

He needs to get more sacrifice in his game to get back to 40 goal world. He may just by lining up next to Brad Richards every night anyway.

Old
07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
bruins seguin 19*

guys im telling you will love dubinsky, he does it all hits scores, showdows other top players, penalty kills. hes got assistant captain written all over him here.

Old
07-25-2012, 06:43 PM
bruins seguin 19*

guys i really feel getting rid of that albatross of a contact was the best thing to happen to this team. in a couple of years we will we say why didnt we get rid of him 4 yrs ago. we have stacked up on some nice young talent here in dubinsky, anisimov and erixon and that 1st rounder. i give props to howson for the gutso to make this move and get some nice players from the rangers. dubinsky is do it all player . anisimov has potential to pop 25 plus goals and erixon reminds me jake gardiner of toronto hes smooth. if nash doesn pop close to 40 and rangers get knocked out by boston or some powerful team in the first round the boo birds will be louder then the cannon we hear in columbus.

Old
07-25-2012, 06:47 PM
nsvoyageurs

I don't know if this has been posted here, but this is a take that says the Nash trade could turn for the better for the Blue Jackets. You can debate. BTW, I'm a NYR fan who thinks after years of hockey incompetence, it'd be good to see the Blue Jackets to be competitive with the NHL's top tier teams.

http://nhl-red-light.si.com/2012/07/...sct=nhl_t12_a0

Old
07-25-2012, 07:38 PM
eco's bones

I really like Dubinsky but he's not quite on the level of Bergeron. Give him an A though and I bet you he will respond really well. He does have a lot of heart. He's a real team guy and he'll always be there for his teammates. Case in point--he took some heat--people making fun of him for the gatorade cooler in the Ottawa series but still he was the first guy on top of Carkner--saving Brian Boyle from what might have been a really bad beating. You won't have to worry about him. He's an emotional player and that irks people-especially opponents. Fans from other teams in your division are going to be whining about him constantly. Telling each other how much they hate him--maybe not even being able to say why--they just do.

For us over the year's he's been hot and cold as far as scoring. If he ever figures out how to level that off he could be a consistent 50 maybe tweak over into the 60's point scorer. Whether his scoring is consistent or not though he always gives a good effort.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:13 PM
NJRangers35

Artem Anisimov

I just want dot stop by and say don't let anyone tell you guys that you were ripped off in this deal. You probably will not find a Rangers fan who dislikes Dubinsky as much as me, but with that said I still think Dubi is a second line LW on a playoff team. I also am very high on Erixon and think he will be a GREAT second pairing d-men.

Now for the reason I came on here, Artem Anisimov, my favorite Ranger. This kid is 24 years old. I truly believe he will be a top 2nd line center in this league. The guy has a rocket of a shot and is great defensively. For some reason that I cannot understand, he was constantly is Torts' doghouse. He was also flip flopped around from LW to Center. Never thought he was great on wing, but really showed potential there when he played on a line with Stepan and Gaborik. He has very good hands and is creative. Arty also has a great personality that is going to grow on everyone in Columbus. I will admit i am in the vast majority of this, but I truly believe given the proper coach and chance, Anisimov will be a 65 point player and a better player then Derek Stepan. I don't think he would have ever lived up to that potential with the Rangers tho. I think he needed an opportunity to switch teams and flourish. He is also a very big forward. If he can become more physical I think you just got a great center in this deal.

I am hoping you guys could help me out. Would you guys have any idea if they will make an Artem Anisimov T-shirt jersey. I know they will not be online anywhere, but if anyone has a paypal account and can pick me up one I would be a very big shipping price for the inconvenience. I know this is asking a lot, but if anyone is willing I would be very grateful. Thank you very much in advance. Good luck in the future and I look forward to watching your team.

Old
07-25-2012, 08:32 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

If you ask DSL, he'll tell you that I've said that I think Arty has more potential than Dubi and I think he has the ability to become a very good 2nd line center, like 60+ points. The kid has a good attitude, always a smile on his face. Good locker room presence. I think with an opportunity to shine and a coach that will instill a little more confidence in him I think he could be a very good player.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
bizzz*

I'm wondering what is Dubinsky's background? Is his family came to NA from Poland, Russia or something? Wisniewski and Pavelski are both from Poland - 110,000 Wisniewskis are still living there...
Dubinsky is obviously a Slavic name - in both Russian and Polish that means Oak, which corresponds well to his stile of play.
Wisniewski (Polish) and Vishnevskiy (Russian) both means "cherry" BTW.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
I'm wondering what is Dubinsky's background? Is his family came to NA from Poland, Russia or something? Wisniewski and Pavelski are both from Poland - 110,000 Wisniewskis are still living there...
Dubinsky is obviously a Slavic name - in both Russian and Polish that means Oak, which corresponds well to his stile of play.
Ask him on Twitter.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:40 PM
bizzz*

For now I read Anisimov's twitter. Seem like a really good guy. On July 20th he twitted a quote of the great Russian ХIX century's warlord Vorontsov: "Tenacity and fearlessness have won more battles than all the talents and all the arts". Could be a good motto for the Jackets next season.
He needs just 26 more followers to get to 30,000.

Last edited by bizzz*: 07-25-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old
07-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
No, they're owned by James Dolan.

Yes, Larry Brooks will write some nasty pieces if Nash (or any highly paid player) doesn't perform. He'll also write a glowing piece about that player the next week if they step it up

Tortorella likes to protect his players and fight with the media if he feels they're unfairly criticizing his players, so Nash will have the backing of his coach unless he reallllllllllly ****s up a lot and makes Torts really mad at him.

NY really isn't that bad on hockey players compared to places like Toronto or Montreal

edit: and despite Torts' reputation, he's good at working with players who will work back with him. He demands a lot out of his players and is very up front with them about what he wants them to do. Even if he benches a guy for something, there's a good chance that guy will be specifically put into a situation to redeem himself. Torts works pretty well with his players as long as they can see past the intensity to understand that he just wants them to work their hardest and sacrifice for the team so that they all will be successful.

I think guys like Dubinsky and Anisimov will bring some of that attitude to the Blue Jackets, so expect them to be ready to sacrifice for the team
As for Tortorella and his interactions with the media he is a complete joke, a spoiled brat type approach in my opinion... as for his secret life with the players who knows, is all we know is what we see behind the bench on game days.

Nash will be ok though, Tortorella is the coach not the GM or owner, he won't tread too hard on an 8 million dollar a season player.

Old
07-25-2012, 09:59 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
For now I read Anisimov's twitter. Seem like a really good guy. On July 20th he twitted a quote of the great Russian ХIX century's warlord Vorontsov: "Tenacity and fearlessness have won more battles than all the talents and all the arts". Could be a good motto for the Jackets next season.
He needs just 26 more followers to get to 30,000.
I like this.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Robert
Foligno family

After my little rant about Torts above (I hate that dude but love his results), I do like the "between the eyes" posts from the Ranger fans.. Something folks in Jacketland are not accustomed too...

Old
07-25-2012, 10:08 PM
solomonsacct

loool

Dunno if you guys read this, made me lol and and nearly weep

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...8187--nhl.html

The title of the article is "Quick, Fire Scott Howson before he screws something else up!"

Old
07-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
I know he was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska ... I do not know if his parents originated in Europe, or if he's a descendant. I've actually met Brandon, he's a very nice guy ... whoever mentioned asking him on Twitter, that's not a bad idea at all, I'm sure he'll be glad to answer

Old
07-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Sore Loser
HF Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonsacct View Post

The title of the article is "Quick, Fire Scott Howson before he screws something else up!"
Best Yahoo sports article ever. Hands down.

"He has assets, so fire him before he screws them up"

Old
07-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quotes from Rick Nash.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/1846/quoteable-nash

It didn't sound too much like he's going to remain in Columbus during the off-season like he said he was going to.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:23 PM
bizzz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
I know he was born and raised in Anchorage, Alaska ... I do not know if his parents originated in Europe, or if he's a descendant. I've actually met Brandon, he's a very nice guy ... whoever mentioned asking him on Twitter, that's not a bad idea at all, I'm sure he'll be glad to answer
Alaska was the Russian colonial territory from 1733 to 1867. He probably Russian-American then Won't ask him though, he's on his honey moon and won't be glad to be bothered by stranger Some pictures from his wedding: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
They could get a newer car with the money he makes

Old
07-25-2012, 10:29 PM
Speedy Sanderson

Quote:

Wow, another article slamming Howson and the Jackets. It's no secret the Jackets and Howson have sucked, but this was a bit much. To say the Jackets have no hope to be good for the next few seasons is dumb. Everyone said Ottawa was going to be horrible last season and they made the playoffs. Who knows, maybe Bob has a stellar season in goal and some of the young guys produce up front and the Jackets surprise. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's not impossible. Of course, piling on the Jackets is all the rage right now - amazingly this ESPN piece of garbage didn't come from Burnside but some other d-bags I've never heard of - apparently Columbus needs to be contracted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...y-commissioner

Old
07-25-2012, 10:29 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Quotes from Rick Nash.

http://blueshirtsunited.com/posts/1846/quoteable-nash

It didn't sound too much like he's going to remain in Columbus during the off-season like he said he was going to.
I didn't see anything that suggested that.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:36 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Alaska was the Russian colonial territory from 1733 to 1867. He probably Russian-American then Won't ask him though, he's on his honey moon and won't be glad to be bothered by stranger Some pictures from his wedding: http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
They could get a newer car with the money he makes
For those who have not been to Anchorage, I have... Great town, great people...but bring your thick skin if you go... it's still the wild west up there.. I'm liking Dubinsky more every day, he will bring it folks! I bet Jack and Dubi are already planning on how they are going to make their opponent’s believe the Jackets are not a joke… book it.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:

It's pathetic to think that there are thousands of good journalists out there who can't break into the field, a slapdick like Ryan Lambert actually gets paid to write garbage like this.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:44 PM
EDM

I do like the change in character that is taking place. Sounds like win or lose, a lot these guys will give us something to cheer for, kind of like the Year One team.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:50 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I didn't see anything that suggested that.
I got the vibe more from watching the video. I don't really care if he continues to live here or not.

Old
07-25-2012, 10:50 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
I do like the change in character that is taking place. Sounds like win or lose, a lot these guys will give us something to cheer for, kind of like the Year One team.

Closed Thread