HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Nash, Delisle, Cond. 3rd Rnd to Rangers for Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st Rnd

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2012, 02:04 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

vCash: 500
We got screwed. This is horrible.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Socks
HeadFake

Once I get past the shock of this actually happening I'm sure I'll feel a little better about things.

And I like Dubinsky, I just wish he wasn't the only piece of the return I liked.

Sad day. Buh-bye Nasher.

JJ - this is your team now.

Last edited by Socks: 07-23-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
It isn't awful. But it sure doesn't feel good.
This.

As I said before I like both Dubi and AA - both are the kinds of players this roster needs, but neither has the upside we'd hoped for.

Erixon I do not like at all (in this deal). And the first is the first. A good piece but...

Not even Hagelin...

And now a minor-league d-man going back?

Old
Leinie61

Oh well, the cellar is where we keep the beer. Where it's cold.

Old
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

After last year, I'd consider Moore an NHL dman not an AHL guy.

Goulbef?

Old
07-23-2012, 02:06 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
It says minor league defensemen.

Not that anyone wants to be positive, but our blue line is now top 5-10 in terms of depth. We need to move one of Moore or Savard. It's not possible to properly develop all of these guys.
I wasn't assuming in this deal. In fact, if a defenseman of any significance is moved in this deal, then Howson should be fired on the spot.

I'm saying, after the smoke clears, we have:

JJ
Wiz
Tyutin
NikNik
Murray
Moore
Acuoin
Savard
Erixon

And a host of other defense prospects.

Old
Stretch Factor

@DougMaclean

If these names are right this is a disaster for cbj.

Stay classy DMAC

Old
psycloud

I'm not sure exactly what people were expecting for a guy getting paid like he is, for as long as he is, who's historically produced like he has, and will only allow himself to be traded to six other teams. The guy averages 60 points per year, but has the 5th highest cap-hit in the league. I like him as a player, and I don't think we got the best deal ever, but I don't think it's unreasonably terrible, either.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM
blahblah

Fascinating. There really isn't anything in this trade that has the potential to make me forget about Nash in three or four years.

This is going to be an interesting line up. Howson can't be done trading yet can he?

Old
Renion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSock View Post
JJ - this is your team now.
And that ranks up there as one of the best aspects of this finally-completed trade.

Old
CrazyCanucks

Is Porty not connected? How was it the Canadian guy in Canada broke this deal first?

Mike Gilles is on the Vancouver Radio Team 1040 on a 2 hour spot and this was his comments on the trade just now...

Quote:
Columbus filled out its roster, so... um, it can stay competitive"
-Mike Gillis' thoughts on the deal

Old
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycloud View Post
I'm not sure exactly what people were expecting
A deal better than the one Howson declined at the deadline.

Old
Jimmys7

Awful. Can't believe Niles waited this long to just end up taking it with no grease. I may vomit if Moore is in the deal too.

Old
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
This.

As I said before I like both Dubi and AA - both are the kinds of players this roster needs, but neither has the upside we'd hoped for.

Erixon I do not like at all (in this deal). And the first is the first. A good piece but...

Not even Hagelin...

And now a minor-league d-man going back?
All I wanted was ONE piece that would make me feel good. Instead, it's two that are kinda sorta ok and one I'm highly skeptical of. Pick is a pick, good to have, never felt it was necessarily necessary given the other pieces.

Edit: AND we gave up pieces the other way.

Old
LyNX27

Not coming to tell anyone about the trade, coming to tell you guys about the pieces Dubinsky and Anisimov

Dubinsky: Still has room for growth, his passing and vision are above average and his hustle is through the roof. Can put them on net but had a bit of a down year statistically while still playing good hockey. Rarely has the tendency to hold onto the puck and try to do too much with it in terms of stick handling. Will block shots, work the PK, ES, PP, all that good stuff and can play center if required although has been shifted to the left wing. Will occasionally drop a big hit but should generally avoid fighting (Unless its Mike Richards) This guy will give it all on the ice, and with increased ice time you guys should see a good 50 points and a lot of sweat out of this kid. Also has a bit of "attitude/swag".

Anisimov : Talent. This kid has it. He can do great things with the puck and is a big body. Is not as fast of a skater or as agile as many people would like him to be. A lot of Ranger fans saw his potential as a Datsyuk-(Very)Lite, which as dangerous as that comparison is... It's almost on. He will dazzle every couple of games but will be a player who will leave you wanting more, and expecting a big move when he has the puck. Has started to be less shy on the ice when it comes to physicality and hopefully you guys get to see his game blossom because the potential really is there. Will never blaze past anyone on the ice, but he has the potential to out-muscle them and use his frame to "pry" past someone. Unfortunately he also has a knack for getting hit, HARD. When he tries to get past someone sometimes he leaves his head down a bit too long and gets rocked. Has never been "put down" from it but it is scary when it happens and I know at some point you guys will get to see it. With increased ice-time and potential chemistry I could see a range of 40-55 points, but I would give it a season or two before we see his game really solidify into the type of player he will be for the rest of his career.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:09 PM
slightlystewpid420

Ottawas deal sounds pretty ****ing amazing right about now...

Old
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Not coming to tell anyone about the trade, coming to tell you guys about the pieces Dubinsky and Anisimov

Dubinsky: Still has room for growth, his passing and vision are above average and his hustle is through the roof. Can put them on net but had a bit of a down year statistically while still playing good hockey. Rarely has the tendency to hold onto the puck and try to do too much with it in terms of stick handling. Will block shots, work the PK, ES, PP, all that good stuff and can play center if required although has been shifted to the left wing. Will occasionally drop a big hit but should generally avoid fighting (Unless its Mike Richards) This guy will give it all on the ice, and with increased ice time you guys should see a good 50 points and a lot of sweat out of this kid. Also has a bit of "attitude/swag".

Anisimov : Talent. This kid has it. He can do great things with the puck and is a big body. Is not as fast of a skater or as agile as many people would like him to be. A lot of Ranger fans saw his potential as a Datsyuk-(Very)Lite, which as dangerous as that comparison is... It's almost on. He will dazzle every couple of games but will be a player who will leave you wanting more, and expecting a big move when he has the puck. Has started to be less shy on the ice when it comes to physicality and hopefully you guys get to see his game blossom because the potential really is there. Will never blaze past anyone on the ice, but he has the potential to out-muscle them and use his frame to "pry" past someone. Unfortunately he also has a knack for getting hit, HARD. When he tries to get past someone sometimes he leaves his head down a bit too long and gets rocked. Has never been "put down" from it but it is scary when it happens and I know at some point you guys will get to see it. With increased ice-time and potential chemistry I could see a range of 40-55 points, but I would give it a season or two before we see his game really solidify into the type of player he will be for the rest of his career.
They both have below average hockey IQ, though.

leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
But if Nash didn't want to go there, the point is moot.

Old
MFRONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
You mean the deal that included Foglino, who we got for an overpriced 5/6 d-man in Methot?

Howie got 3 guys who can play in the NHL right now, while I don't love the deal I think it's better then the original deal with a bunch of prospects who wouldn't be on the opening day roster.

Old
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Honestly I don't think you guys made out too bad. You're a tougher team to face with that depth than you were with Nash.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

wasn't upset with the deal until i saw the 3rd + an AHL dman...we added and STILL couldn't get either Krider or Stepan??? that's what's awful about it...

Old
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
BJFan1

This thread already needs to be re-titled to:

The Rick Nash Saga: Part III, The Rise of CJMFJ.

Old
07-23-2012, 02:13 PM
pwoz

Rangers' fan here coming in peace. I don't know what I think about the trade yet (I know people are saying CBJ got fleeced, but I think Nash may become a bust in NY, IMHO). Anyway, I will miss Dubi. He had a bad year, but I think he will bounce back. He's also great on the PK and a good, all-around player. Anisimov is pretty decent too, he was getting better.

Erixon is too soft, but maybe coaching can beat some sense into him.

Anyway, time to put my Dubi jersey on ebay.

Old
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoWelsh View Post
Like the rest of you, I knew this was inevitable. That does not make it hurt any less.
pretty much my feelings exactly.

Old
Officer Rod Farva
Do You Even Lift Bro

What an awful deal, Why anybody would want Dubinsky is beyond me, All my Ranger fan friends wanted AA out of town ASAP, Erxion might be good and a 1st is a toss up especially a late pick.

Sorry Columbus fans

Closed Thread