Notices

Erixon to Columbus

Old
07-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Xelstyle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRD View Post

Was trying to think of something to say but....Sums it up nicely right here.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 09:58 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
This sums up my feelings perfectly.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1200
Quote:
this one sums it up for me.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Unlimited Chequing
Hangin' in the dome

vCash: 5001
What's funny is when he used ice time as an excuse not to sign here, Feaster even assured him that he'd have a great shot at cracking the big team. He only got ice team with the Rangers because they were plagued with injuries at the time. And now it's off to Columbus!

Unlimited Chequing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2012, 02:23 PM
DBU
In A Dream

vCash: 50
My new favorite reaction to this:

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:44 AM
eco's bones

Tim wasn't really NHL ready IMO. He started off the season with the Rangers but from the get go--it was a bit of deer in the headlights. He lacked aggression in his own end and was getting outmuscled a lot. That's why he went to the AHL where he did pretty well. He came up towards the end of the season and played better but was definitely not a sure thing for next year. On the left side--there's no way he would ever out perform either Staal or McDonagh. Del Zotto would be a reach as well. MDZ is smaller and not all that strong but he's better offensively and he makes up for his lack of strength by being really aggressive--sometimes over aggressive on anyone on his side with the puck. Erixon was laying back way too much.

FWIW there was a preseason brawl between the Rangers-Flyers--the main combatants Andre Deveaux and Tom Sestito. With all the other players pairing off--you could see Erixon looking on while gliding off the ice. He's got a little growing up to do.

I have to say though his dad played for us many years--and he was a good guy--maybe the best defensive forward I've seen on the Rangers and I've been following them since 1971-72. He played hurt a lot. Nothing but respect for him.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miokid View Post
Another trade people ripped on Calgary for, looking eerie as a Calgary clean sweep.
Is this actually what Flames fans believe? Erixon was part of a package that got the Rangers RICK ****ing NASH. Is not like Erixon was let go for nothing.

Horak
Granlund
Wotherspoon

for

Shane McColgan

Is simply not true. May as well say:

Horak
Granlund
Wotherspoon

for

Shane McColgan
Rick Nash

Man did the Flames get fleeced

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:04 AM
DBU
In A Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Is this actually what Flames fans believe? Erixon was part of a package that got the Rangers RICK ****ing NASH. Is not like Erixon was let go for nothing.

Horak
Granlund
Wotherspoon

for

Shane McColgan

Horak
Granlund
Wotherspoon

for

Shane McColgan
Rick Nash

Except not really, because then it ends up being:

CGY: Horak, Granlund, Wotherspoon

NYR: Nash, Delisle, McColgan, Clb 3rd

CLB: Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon, 1st

It all depends on how you view it. Granted, it's all for laughs now anyways.

Last edited by DBU: 07-25-2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old
07-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post

NYR: Nash, Delisle, McColgan, 3rd

Yea well that's why I added the

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:21 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:

NYR: Nash, Delisle, McColgan, 3rd

Where is Calgary's 5th?

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:28 AM
DBU
In A Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Where is Calgary's 5th?

Edited.

EDIT: Wait, no, McColgan was the pick NYR made with our 5th. Stop confusing me!

Old
07-25-2012, 11:38 AM
The Gnome

Man, the last month been tough for me personally. But every time I open this thread a huge smile spreads across my face. I ****ing love karma. I don't want to be a spiteful person, but nobody deserves this more than Erixon. Good luck d-bag, I hope your sorry ass is back in Europe soon.

Seriously, Erixon will get his opportunities in Columbus. But if he doesn't toughen up he'll never be a dman in the NHL. His performance thus far at the NHL level has been laughable. It is quite clear that he's a chicken ****.

Getting Horak for him was pretty damn good IMO. Though I don't see as much upside in Horak, he's definitely more than capable of holding his ground at the NHL level. Erixon is still quite young, but if his attitude does round out, he'll never see any sustained playing time in the bigs. I can only imagine his "feel sorry for me" attitude has grown since this trade.

****ing love it!!!!!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 11:45 AM
kirant
Kiprusoffarian

vCash: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
Seriously, Erixon will get his opportunities in Columbus. But if he doesn't toughen up he'll never be a dman in the NHL.

kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 12:50 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirant View Post

I know!!

I'm sure a lot of people say meh. But IMHO, a stunt like that is defining as to what a player is all about. Teaching people to not be chicken ****, self centered brats is pretty tough. Because when it comes down to it, that's simply who they are. It's a lot harder to improve someones character, compared to improving hockey sense and skill. Some are tough enough for the NHL, others are not, it is a big divide that can really hinder a toothless players chances of being a successful NHL player.

Erixon has a solid level of talent. He's definitely got the skill to warrant his name with top 4 potential. But that short GIF you inserted is a bigger indicator than most give it credit for. I mean, seriously! WTF?! Did Erixon think he was just going to be given a top 4 role because he's hot ****. Go out an fight for it kid. That GIF is probably the reason he spent the year in the AHL.

One thing working in his favour is that he'll probably get more opportunities in Columbus. But if he's pulling stunts like that, he'll never be a go-to top 4 guy in this league.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:50 PM
tfong

I hope Granlund pans out speaking of which.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:01 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
I know!!

I'm sure a lot of people say meh. But IMHO, a stunt like that is defining as to what a player is all about. Teaching people to not be chicken ****, self centered brats is pretty tough. Because when it comes down to it, that's simply who they are. It's a lot harder to improve someones character, compared to improving hockey sense and skill. Some are tough enough for the NHL, others are not, it is a big divide that can really hinder a toothless players chances of being a successful NHL player.

Erixon has a solid level of talent. He's definitely got the skill to warrant his name with top 4 potential. But that short GIF you inserted is a bigger indicator than most give it credit for. I mean, seriously! WTF?! Did Erixon think he was just going to be given a top 4 role because he's hot ****. Go out an fight for it kid. That GIF is probably the reason he spent the year in the AHL.

One thing working in his favour is that he'll probably get more opportunities in Columbus. But if he's pulling stunts like that, he'll never be a go-to top 4 guy in this league.
That's exacty the play I mentioned above. I'd take it a little further. You're a rookie trying to make a team--it shows you're not hungry enough. You're just trying to get by on the stuff you do best and ignoring the things you don't like to do. But he did get a good chance--did make the team out of training camp and Torts isn't an easy guy to play for. He showed he wasn't strong enough and would back off from physical play--that's what got him a ticket to the AHL. Tim Erixon--if he really wants to be a good NHL defenseman has got to get stronger and he's got to get his compete level up. Right now he's a young Tom Poti--trying to get by with a poke check when he has to take the body. He's got the tools otherwise.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 04:03 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:

Edited.

EDIT: Wait, no, McColgan was the pick NYR made with our 5th. Stop confusing me!
trollface.jpg

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2012, 06:29 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post

Horak
Granlund
Wotherspoon

for

Shane McColgan

Horak
Granlund
Wotherspoon

for

Shane McColgan
Rick Nash

Erixon wasn't the center of the package and so what if he got 60 point 7.8 million cap hit Nash.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 06:39 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
I know!!

This is Tim Erixon standing up for his teammate Adam Larsson.

This is from a big brawl where Tim Erixon [and loads of other people] stood up for a teammate who got jumped from behind.

These were just pictures from a quick google search, I could most likely find videos and make gifs of him standing up for his teammates, both in Sweden and in NA, as I've seen it with my own eyes. I mean: that's like a 5-sec gif and you're basing his character on it? Did you even see what happened before/after? Have you taken a second to think that it might have been a one time thing? Maybe Torts yelling for him to change seemed more urgent at the time. Basically I'm just saying that I think you're seeing what you want to see. For someone who has watched this kid play since juniors and never noticed any bad character traits, it's quite disturbing to read.. so i'll be going.

Anyway, best of luck to you next season. Grew up admiring Kenta Nilsson and Loob in the eighties and still have a soft spot for the Flames.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Ashasx

He just used the gif to point out one of many faults in his character. I'd say the fact that he betrayed and flat out lied to the team that drafted him shows his true character more than any gif or picture.

Pretty funny how a lot of European posters have showed up in this thread and the one on the main board to defend him. No bias at all, clearly.

The kid is a punk. By all means, keep defending him.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:21 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
This is Tim Erixon standing up for his teammate Adam Larsson.

This is from a big brawl where Tim Erixon [and loads of other people] stood up for a teammate who got jumped from behind.

These were just pictures from a quick google search, I could most likely find videos and make gifs of him standing up for his teammates, both in Sweden and in NA, as I've seen it with my own eyes. I mean: that's like a 5-sec gif and you're basing his character on it? Did you even see what happened before/after? Have you taken a second to think that it might have been a one time thing? Maybe Torts yelling for him to change seemed more urgent at the time. Basically I'm just saying that I think you're seeing what you want to see. For someone who has watched this kid play since juniors and never noticed any bad character traits, it's quite disturbing to read.. so i'll be going.

Anyway, best of luck to you next season. Grew up admiring Kenta Nilsson and Loob in the eighties and still have a soft spot for the Flames.
No offense, but your inserts are of him in Europe. Let's see if he's willing to do it with the big dogs. So far he's shown that he's a giant panty waist in the NHL.

If you don't question his character, then I don't even know what to say. The kid wouldn't sign with the team that drafted him simply because he wanted to play where his daddy played. I'll stand by my assessment of him.

Old
07-26-2012, 11:37 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

At SurMartin, you are preaching to the wrong choir my friend. You will find zero sympathy for him on these boards. Hope his career burns in "Flames".

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 11:47 AM
King Of The North
Iggy2014GoBruins

When would Torts ever yell "Get back on the bench forget about sticking up for your mates!"

King Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:09 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
At SurMartin, you are preaching to the wrong choir my friend. You will find zero sympathy for him on these boards. Hope his career burns in "Flames".
Yup, I know. I'm not even saying you shouldn't dislike the kid. Hell I'd probably boo him too in you scenerio (very common occurance in Sweden.) I just that I think it's sad that most of you are saying/spreading rumours that he's an "immature/evil/spoiled/sissy/brat/[and so on] with character issues who should burn in hell" because of him not signing with you and gif that shows 5 seconds of his 4 years in professional hockey.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
He just used the gif to point out one of many faults in his character. I'd say the fact that he betrayed and flat out lied to the team that drafted him shows his true character more than any gif or picture.
Tim Erixon was intent on playing in Calgary at least up until the 2011 WJCs. He was even incredibly close to coming over prior to the 10/11 season. I have no idea what happened after that or behind the scenes of the trade and I'm pretty sure you don't either. Even if he did request a trade, is it really that bad? I know it can't be nice for you as a fan of the team, and I'm not saying you have to like the guy, but he was still well within his rights and the Flames got fair value from the trade. And as I said, that gif seems to be the only time you've "seen" him play...
Quote:
Pretty funny how a lot of European posters have showed up in this thread and the one on the main board to defend him. No bias at all, clearly.
And you're not biased? Europeans have actually seen him play for many years.
Quote:
The kid is a punk. By all means, keep defending him.
Ok, I don' think he is. Yes I will.
Quote:
No offense, but your inserts are of him in Europe. Let's see if he's willing to do it with the big dogs. So far he's shown that he's a giant panty waist in the NHL.
You know he has played in a mens league since he was 17 right? And in the WCs last year? Did you watch him play in the NHL this year?
Quote:
If you don't question his character, then I don't even know what to say. The kid wouldn't sign with the team that drafted him simply because he wanted to play where his daddy played.
No I don't. But as I've said, he never showed any bad character traits when he played in Sweden so I find it's quite difficult. He was a good teammate, took hardships the right way and played with a lot of heart. Was great to the fans as well and he expressed love for his (parent) team in both interviews and various gestures. I also don't see the fault in wanting to play for your fathers team and the team closest to where you're born. But I guess it might be an NA vs European sportsculture thing. Swedish supporters are generally very anti the business side of hockey and players usually play for the city and team they were born/raised in. Trades like in the NHL never happens and a concept like the draft would be completely unthinkable in Sweden.
Quote:
I'll stand by my assessment of him.
Ok, I understand.

Last edited by SurMartin: 07-26-2012 at 02:26 PM.
SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 02:40 PM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
You know he has played in a mens league since he was 17 right? And in the WCs last year? Did you watch him play in the NHL this year? No I don't. But as I've said, he never showed any bad character traits when he played in Sweden so I find it's quite difficult.
A men's league in Sweden and the NHL are two completely different levels of play and grit. I've watched him closely, he was our best prospect when he was here, of course I followed him quite a bit.

At this time his attitude and NHL toughness are quite suspect. Now he's on his way to a franchise that is in even worse shape then the flames. I'm not saying he's guaranteed to bomb, maybe his pansy attitude will improve. But his NHL debut was a disappointment IMO. No heart, no desire, and he clearly has entitlement issues from my POV. You play for the team that drafted you and earn your rights to bargain in NA, they don't just hand you everything when your drafted. The kid should wear his heart on his sleeve, and he hasn't done that at all in NA.