Erixon to Columbus

Old
07-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
A men's league in Sweden and the NHL are two completely different levels of play and grit. I've watched him closely, he was our best prospect when he was here, of course I followed him quite a bit.

At this time his attitude and NHL toughness are quite suspect. Now he's on his way to a franchise that is in even worse shape then the flames. I'm not saying he's guaranteed to bomb, maybe his pansy attitude will improve. But his NHL debut was a disappointment IMO. No heart, no desire, and he clearly has entitlement issues from my POV. You play for the team that drafted you and earn your rights to bargain in NA, they don't just hand you everything when your drafted. The kid should wear his heart on his sleeve, and he hasn't done that at all in NA.
Nothing else to say after this, I agree 100%.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:45 PM
SurMartin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post
A men's league in Sweden and the NHL are two completely different levels of play and grit. I've watched him closely, he was our best prospect when he was here, of course I followed him quite a bit.

At this time his attitude and NHL toughness are quite suspect. Now he's on his way to a franchise that is in even worse shape then the flames. I'm not saying he's guaranteed to bomb, maybe his pansy attitude will improve. But his NHL debut was a disappointment IMO. No heart, no desire, and he clearly has entitlement issues from my POV. You play for the team that drafted you and earn your rights to bargain in NA, they don't just hand you everything when your drafted. The kid should wear his heart on his sleeve, and he hasn't done that at all in NA.
Of course, but if he could stand up for himself and his teammates in SEL at that age, I think it's quite possible that he'll be able to do it in the NHL.

What I saw from him in NHL was nothing out of the ordinary for a rookie and I follow a lot of swedish prospects/players who've looked the same. Not everyone can break into the league right away (if ever) and nerves are to be expected. Which is what I meant earlier with "I think you're seeing what you want to see".
He wasn't projected to grab a regular spot this season so IMO he wasn't a disappointment, but I guess that depends on what your expectations were. For the last part, see my previous response.

Anyway, I won't push this any further as I'm guessing it would get nasty... Have a nice summer.

SurMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:56 PM
The Gnome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin View Post
Of course, but if he could stand up for himself and his teammates in SEL at that age, I think it's quite possible that he'll be able to do it in the NHL.

What I saw from him in NHL was nothing out of the ordinary for a rookie and I follow a lot of swedish prospects/players who've looked the same. Not everyone can break into the league right away (if ever) and nerves are to be expected. Which is what I meant earlier with "I think you're seeing what you want to see".
He wasn't projected to grab a regular spot this season so IMO he wasn't a disappointment, but I guess that depends on what your expectations were. For the last part, see my previous response.

Anyway, I won't push this any further as I'm guessing it would get nasty... Have a nice summer.
Yes it is possible. But he sure as hell has not shown it thus far. And yes, he was projected to break into the NHL this past year, at least as a flame. Many NYR fans thought he could break into the top 6 on their team as well. He simply disappointed with his lack of desire to beat out his competition through hard work. Plain and simple. The kid has all the skill but no heart to prove it through hard work.

I understand your point regarding his time in the SEL, but this is the NHL. Completely different league, the greatest talents AND hardest working players in the world play in the NHL. It's no secret, if Erixon continues to show no edge to his game he won't cut it in this league as a top 4 dman.

I'm not seeing what I want to see at all.

1) He pulled a dick move on an organization that drafted him. HUGE red flag.
2) He couldn't even bring himself to show a little emotion and desire to crack the NYR's lineup.

That's what I saw, and that's what happened.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Devilspuppet666

vCash: 250
know what would be better? oilers give alot for him, he busts and goes to sweden

Devilspuppet666 is offline   Reply With Quote