HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Like the trade, don't like the trade

View Poll Results: Do you like the trade for Nash?
Yes 397 90.23%
No 43 9.77%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-26-2012, 10:19 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

vCash: 500
Basically we traded Anisimov and Dubinksy for Nash and Krieder. Not a bad off-season move. We don't spend more on salary with Erixon, Dubi and AA leaving.

Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:24 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Basically we traded Anisimov and Dubinksy for Nash and Krieder. Not a bad off-season move. We don't spend more on salary with Erixon, Dubi and AA leaving.
No, we traded Dubi and AA for Nash. Otherwise we would have had Dubi, AA, and Kreider.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

No, you don't understand

We added Kreider and Nash as big guns while parting ways with Anisimov and Dubinsky. We still have the same amount of players for the top9. With the addition of guys like Pyatt, Asham, Halpern we have a more capable 4th line. The only downside is Boyle on the 3rd line, but we can still fix that.

Amazing Kreiderman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 01:54 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Meh.

Good news - they didn't give up assets I was adamant about not giving up. Dubinsky's cap hit was too high. Anisimov looks like he may turn out to be another Dubinsky. Hopefully the draft pick will be a high one.

Bad news - I don't think Rick Nash is going to change us all that much. A 30-30 guy with a lot of miles on him for his age and almost no playoff experience. Not expecting him to make us an offensive dynamo all of a sudden...hopefully he surprises me.

Meh? I love that your "good news" says nothing about bringing in a perennial 30g+ scorer, for a team that desperately needs top line talent. You're just happy that we didn't lose assets and that it's cost effective?

I recall you saying that about the addition of Richards last year, and we arrived at the ECF? " alot of miles"... great.
offensive dynamo or bust. got it.

your crayon box only came with grey huh? sad.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Meh? I love that your "good news" says nothing about bringing in a perennial 30g+ scorer, for a team that desperately needs top line talent. You're just happy that we didn't lose assets and that it's cost effective?
Actually, that was my point. They brought in a good player without giving up too much. Sorry you missed that.

Cool icons tho...

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 04:47 PM
NikC

Quote:
Actually, that was my point. They brought in a good player without giving up too much. Sorry you missed that.

Cool icons tho...
i couldn't miss what wasn't there.

it's funny how i never "get" what you say?

Old
07-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Lundsanity30

Love the trade. Superstar scorer we lacked and we kept the important part of the core AND we matched salary. Love it

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
i couldn't miss what wasn't there.

it's funny how i never "get" what you say?
It's also funny how consistently stalk my posts to tell me my opinions are wrong.

That's all they are....opinions. Your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone elses opinion

Old
07-26-2012, 08:59 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
It's also funny how consistently stalk my posts to tell me my opinions are wrong.

That's all they are....opinions. Your opinion is no more or less valid than anyone elses opinion
My opinions are more valid to me than anyone else that I read.

So it's all good.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:03 AM
NikC

Quote:

don't flatter yourself. yes you are consistently wrong, and yes my opinions are more valid than yours.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
don't flatter yourself. yes you are consistently wrong, and yes my opinions are more valid than yours.
Classy...whatever. Your opinion means nothing to me, but let's get back to chatting about the topic instead of each other.

It obviously looks like a good trade in the short term, though $7.8 million per year for another six seasons could become problematic down the road. That, of course, is contingent on the new CBA.

I'm just not convinced Nash's goal total will rise as fast as some people think, just because he's playing for the Rangers. Tortorella's defense-first coaching style is certainly a factor.

Hoping for the best.

Old
07-27-2012, 09:44 AM
ajdj10

Almost as good as the Ducks getting Adam Banks!

ajdj10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 09:53 AM
free0717

Good trade. We get top first line talent for two 2nd/3rd line players with potential, a prospect dman who our coach didnt like and a late first round pick.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:

I recall you saying that about the addition of Richards last year, and we arrived at the ECF? " alot of miles"... great.
offensive dynamo or bust. got it.

your crayon box only came with grey huh? sad.
Nice post pal. I think it's utterly amazing that so many fans who post here honestly believe that Nash's career is in free fall. Doesnt anyone out there realize how much of a negative impact it has on a player to suit up every game for 9 years knowing that you have no shot in hell of making the playoffs?

There were only two(2) players out there this summer that I would have jumped through flaming hoops to get on the Rangers and we got one(1) of them(the other player being Weber). Nash will make us so much better because not only is he an elite talent and tremendous skater, he is a big body who takes up "time and space" which none of our other forwards are capable of doing. He will make both Richards and Gaborik much more productive players going forward and for this all we gave up were two underachieving bottom 6 players!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 03:13 PM
Edge

Nash is only recently 28, all of two years older than Dubinsky.

Yet, on some level, we have this perception that Dubinsky has so much room for growth and Nash is on the decline. I'll take Nash's "average" season over the hope of Dubinsky's potential.

It also means that Nash is only about 34 when his contract runs out. So it's not a situation where we are paying him into his late 30s. Frankly, I'd have more reservations about Richards' contract.

From a salary standpoint, the trade is essentially a wash. So I am not really concerned about the cap hit.

All in all, this is about as good as any deal is going to get. There are never any gun tees the deal works, but this one has favorable odds.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Lerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

Yet, on some level, we have this perception that Dubinsky has so much room for growth and Nash is on the decline. I'll take Nash's "average" season over the hope of Dubinsky's potential.

It also means that Nash is only about 34 when his contract runs out. So it's not a situation where we are paying him into his late 30s. Frankly, I'd have more reservations about Richards' contract.
Richie is 3 years older nobody gets the sense of decline from Richie. Whatever the reason for assuming that Nash can only decline is probably due to some peripheral subconscious peripheral associations like how unexciting he is to watch off the ice or how he sounds and looks like he's ready to turn around, leave and start a fish market business during the interviews.

As for Dubie, 6 years of rooting for "growth" from Dubinsky might have something to do with everyone on this board seeing him as a player who can only improve. On the NW team boards, mostly VAN/COL board awhile back when I was reading through everything, Dubinsky is somewhere along the lines of a career 3rd line scorer/grinder and your net front presence guy and this was before his past season.

As far as good deal bad deal, it's the right deal. After all, Arty and Dubie have had plenty of chance to have a break out season or post season performance in the last 3 years or so.

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 03:32 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Nash will play this contract out from ages 28-33. Those are prime ages.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 04:27 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

I like the trade because it was obvious we needed a high end scorer to compliment Richie and Gabs.

I'm a bit hesitant because it means we've lost Dubi, AA, Prust, and Fedetenko. I assume we have able bodies that can replace them, but the first three especially, were a large part of the identity of this team the passed two seasons.

If the guys that have been brought in can fill the gap adequately, i'm thrilled about this addition, and the fact that it opened some room for prospects.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post

From a salary standpoint, the trade is essentially a wash. So I am not really concerned about the cap hit.

All in all, this is about as good as any deal is going to get. There are never any gun tees the deal works, but this one has favorable odds.
Good post! Dubi will be missed, but we're gonna enjoy having what we all hoped Dubi would become in a NYR jersey

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:05 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Brady Skjei could be NHL ready after 1 year of college hockey.

Grant Sonier of ESPN

Quote:
One season away

Alex Galchenyuk, Montreal Canadiens
Morgan Rielly, Toronto Maple Leafs
Mathew Dumba, Minnesota Wild
Filip Forsberg, Washington Capitals
Cody Ceci, Ottawa Senators
Teuvo Teravainen, Chicago Blackhawks
Zemgus Girgensons, Buffalo Sabres
Brendan Gaunce, Vancouver Canucks
Brady Skjei, New York Rangers

This group of nine players features some excellent picks who should be ready to play in the NHL after another year of development.

Both Galchenyuk and Rielly are coming off major knee injuries this past season and will need another year in junior hockey to re-establish their dominance and get back to full speed. Forsberg, Dumba, Ceci, Girgensons, Gaunce and Skjei are all physically ready and will be close next season, but other factors should keep them out of the NHL this fall.

Forsberg is heading back to Sweden to fulfill the final year of his contract there, and Skjei faces a very long list of defensemen ahead of him in New York -- unless a trade thins things out a bit. For the others, I believe it will simply take some time for roster spots to be made available. The Blackhawks are thrilled to have super skilled forward Teravainen, but he is the least developed of this group in terms of physical maturity.

However, his evasiveness and ability to avoid getting hit -- like that of Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Patrick Kane, who play a similar style -- should help him to reach the NHL a little earlier than expected.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...st-round-picks

Including Erixon in the Nash trade opens up a spot for Skjei on the depth chart.

Skjei attended just 2 days of prospects camp. He was attending summer school classes at Minnesota but he impressed the Rangers brass.

Quote:
Skjei, meanwhile, was the most impressive player on the ice Wednesday, along with forward Oscar Lindberg, who scored twice off rebounds and will spend next season in Sweden. Goalie Scott Stajcer also looked sharp while flashing a quick glove hand.

Skjei on several occasions played a level above the competition: He squashed a forecheck behind his own net, settled his side and made a smart pass to begin a rush … He weaved around two forwards on the defensive sideboards and dished the puck out of the zone … He made a steady, swift move around a forward in the offensive zone and pushed forward to create a chance … He used his body to effectively fend off the opposition.

Of course, it’s only one day, but Rangers director of player personnel Gordie Clark spoke glowingly of Skjei and of the U.S. development program where he honed his skills. Mark Messier, the Captain, was on hand and commented on Skjei’s impressive composure.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...ylan-mcilrath-

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 06:23 PM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Thanks for the post RB.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
Nash will play this contract out from ages 28-33. Those are prime ages.
"but hes a ranger so hes obviously overrated, overpaid, declining, only going to my least favorite team damn they are trying to buy a ****ing cup they suck i dont care that they made it to the conference finals they still suck in my mind" -typical HF poster

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blooblood View Post
"but hes a ranger so hes obviously overrated, overpaid, declining, only going to my least favorite team damn they are trying to buy a ****ing cup they suck i dont care that they made it to the conference finals they still suck in my mind" -typical HF poster
Funny, I think the "typical HF poster" specializes in rose-colored glasses and homerism. So much so that many of them were probably the guys chanting "WE DONT NEED YOU" to Nash just a few months ago (when, in fact, we did) and now sport him as their avatar.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 08:31 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Brady Skjei could be NHL ready after 1 year of college hockey.

Grant Sonier of ESPN

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story...st-round-picks

Including Erixon in the Nash trade opens up a spot for Skjei on the depth chart.

Skjei attended just 2 days of prospects camp. He was attending summer school classes at Minnesota but he impressed the Rangers brass.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...ylan-mcilrath-
Who owns Skjei's rights in the CHL? If he's physically gifted enough to be a year away, do the Rangers push him towards juniors to get him into the pros faster? Twice as many games in season, chance to play in the AHL at the end of season, attend training camp, and have a contract.. JT Miller was slated to go to North Dakota before rerouting his path onto Plymouth. Minnesota hasn't pushed out defensemen like Wisconsin has, and the two best defensmen to come out of there in recent years are Goligoski, and Leopold.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2012, 08:33 PM
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Funny, I think the "typical HF poster" specializes in rose-colored glasses and homerism. So much so that many of them were probably the guys chanting "WE DONT NEED YOU" to Nash just a few months ago (when, in fact, we did) and now sport him as their avatar.
oh god those drunk idiots in the 400s. i couldnt stand them i was at that game and kinda pissed that the guy next to me was chanting that. then again i was one of the few who really wanted nash and i still believe that hes gonna have a great season despite the stupid arguments that i get: too old, overrated, career in the toilet, etc.

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote