HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl - ducks

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
  #26
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,209
vCash: 500
I would be willing to trade Plekanec + for Ryan and go with a 2nd line of Ryan, Eller, Gionta. We could then either sign a cheap UFA center to play 3rd line minutes, or give Leblanc/Galchenyuk a chance to play sheltered third line minutes like the Bruins did with Seguin.

Plekanec
Moen
Kristo/Gallagher
2013 2nd

Would that be of interest for

Bobby Ryan?

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
  #27
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,663
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
This is the same champion that wanted us to get Couturier, right ?
, yup. Surprised though since Bobby Ryan does not speak french !!!

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
  #28
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov View Post
This is the same champion that wanted us to get Couturier, right ?
that trade thread wasn't anything serious.
i just wanted to see what people would write.

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:26 PM
  #29
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
, yup. Surprised though since Bobby Ryan does not speak french !!!
who said i only wanted french players?
i said my priority would be to get someone from the same
nationality or hometown lolll
id rather take a quebecer of the same caliber or talent over an american or russian for sure.
who wouldn't in montreal except for you?
Bobby Ryan is amazing who wouldn't want him?
its not like the proposal i made has any Quebecers leaving montreal for him

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:29 PM
  #30
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
I would be willing to trade Plekanec + for Ryan and go with a 2nd line of Ryan, Eller, Gionta. We could then either sign a cheap UFA center to play 3rd line minutes, or give Leblanc/Galchenyuk a chance to play sheltered third line minutes like the Bruins did with Seguin.

Plekanec
Moen
Kristo/Gallagher
2013 2nd

Would that be of interest for

Bobby Ryan?
i would do it but idk if Ducks would..

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:33 PM
  #31
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
I'm down for Ryan for Plek, a 2nd, and possibly a prospect like Gallagher, if Gally is ready for the NHL.

Patches-DD-Cole
Ryan-Gally-Gio
Bourque-Eller-Moen
Prust-Nokelainen-White

Edit: forgot Armstrong.

Or you can put Ryan back to his natural RW spot

Bourque-Gally-Ryan
Moen-Eller-Gio(pretty sick shutdown line)



Last edited by habs03: 07-23-2012 at 03:49 PM.
habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:38 PM
  #32
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I'm down for Ryan for Plek, a 2nd, and possibly a prospect like Gallagher, if Gally is ready for the NHL.

Patches-DD-Cole
Ryan-Gally-Gio
Bourque-Eller-Moen
Prust-Nokelainen-White

Or you can put Ryan back to his natural RW spot

Bourque-Gally-Ryan
Moen-Eller-Gio(pretty sick shutdown line)

nah i rather keep Gallagher and give Kristo or something loll.
ive seen Gallagher play in brossard and hes pretty dominant
with the puck.
hes got A LOT of talent.
I agree that lineup would be pretty sick.
Gionta on third line would be great for shut down but where is Leblanc gonna play?

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:41 PM
  #33
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 9,114
vCash: 500
Plekanac is not coming to Anaheim for Ryan. We are not trading Ryan for a 30 year old 2nd line center. Only reason to bring Pleks in is if it's to play with Ryan. And Gally would have to be part of any package to Anaheim.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
  #34
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Plekanac is not coming to Anaheim for Ryan. We are not trading Ryan for a 30 year old 2nd line center. Only reason to bring Pleks in is if it's to play with Ryan. And Gally would have to be part of any package to Anaheim.

Plekanec is only 4 years older than Ryan.
with the draft picks and prospects were giving in return
you don't think its worth the 4yr diff LOLL

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
  #35
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Exit Dose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
you would refuse the prospects and picks
just because plekanec is 29 years old LOLLL
Quote:
that trade thread wasn't anything serious.
i just wanted to see what people would write.
So, trolling?

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
  #36
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
nah i rather keep Gallagher and give Kristo or something loll.
ive seen Gallagher play in brossard and hes pretty dominant
with the puck.
hes got A LOT of talent.
I agree that lineup would be pretty sick.
Gionta on third line would be great for shut down but where is Leblanc gonna play?
No doubt I'd rather give up Kristo than Gallagher, but even if Gallagher was included I don't think Ducks would make this deal.

But for Gionta, ya he is small but plays big, does very well in the corners and wins a lot of puck battles. I think he would still be playing 19-20 minutes a game on the "3rd line" with all the PP time he would get, but on EN that would be a pretty good line.

Finally as for Leblanc, I think 1 year in the AHL will be really good for him, and he would be first call up in case of injuries.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
  #37
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
So, trolling?
i didn't know trolling was wanting to get peoples opinion on a trade
that i proposed..

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
  #38
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Exit Dose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
i didn't know trolling was wanting to get peoples opinion on a trade
that i proposed..
When your only response to something is to rephrase what someone else wrote and tag on a 'LOLLL', it's easy to make that mistake.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:54 PM
  #39
Greenstickytoes*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
No doubt I'd rather give up Kristo than Gallagher, but even if Gallagher was included I don't think Ducks would make this deal.

But for Gionta, ya he is small but plays big, does very well in the corners and wins a lot of puck battles. I think he would still be playing 19-20 minutes a game on the "3rd line" with all the PP time he would get, but on EN that would be a pretty good line.

Finally as for Leblanc, I think 1 year in the AHL will be really good for him, and he would be first call up in case of injuries.
interesting.
I still think if we offer my proposal, Ducks would kind of hesitate
and scratch their heads..
we would be able to put the lines you just wrote
next season..

Greenstickytoes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:01 PM
  #40
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
interesting.
I still think if we offer my proposal, Ducks would kind of hesitate
and scratch their heads..
we would be able to put the lines you just wrote
next season..
I'm all for it, but giving up a 1st round pick is very risky, maybe a swap of first round picks would make sense.

Also to be honest, I think this trade might make more sense next offseason, if at all. If Gally isn't NHL ready this year and MTL trades Plek, MTL lineup is going to look really weak down the middle.

By next offseason, Habs will see if DD is able to repeat what he did this past year, see if Eller can improve on this past year and also Gally should be NHL by next year.

Also the Ducks will have a more clear view of what they plan on doing for the future, retool,rebuild etc, depending on if Perry and Getzlaf re-sign or not.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:12 PM
  #41
Habsrback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 440
vCash: 500
I don't agree when people say that ANA has no urgency to move ANA when he personally said a month ago that he basically had it with being part of every trade rumour and that he felt that he needed to play with a team that wanted him...imagine the atmosphere at training camp if he is not moved by then.That being said, I had yesterday proposed in another thread Plek + Gorges for Ryan, but today's Nash trade has brought down values.

Plek+Diaz+2nd in 2013 should now be a fair trade for both parties. AHA do need Plek, and a puck-moving young D like Diaz should be welcome. The 2nd in 2013 will produce quality as that draft year is perceived as the best of this decade.

Habsrback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:17 PM
  #42
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Exit Dose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
AHA do need Plek
We don't need Pleks if we're moving Ryan. Columbus trading Nash doesn't magically transform Pleks into the player we need.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
  #43
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
I don't agree when people say that ANA has no urgency to move ANA when he personally said a month ago that he basically had it with being part of every trade rumour and that he felt that he needed to play with a team that wanted him...imagine the atmosphere at training camp if he is not moved by then.That being said, I had yesterday proposed in another thread Plek + Gorges for Ryan, but today's Nash trade has brought down values.

Plek+Diaz+2nd in 2013 should now be a fair trade for both parties. AHA do need Plek, and a puck-moving young D like Diaz should be welcome. The 2nd in 2013 will produce quality as that draft year is perceived as the best of this decade.
This would be a great deal for MTL.

My only concern is Gally most likely not going to be NHL ready, so the loss of Plek leaves a huge hole down the middle.

If a trade like this happens, and Gally isn't ready, I'd bet that Gomez will be in the habs lineup for 1 more year until Gally is ready.

As crazy as it sounds, Gomez cap hit has been on a non factor so far, when Subban is re-signed (short term deal) Habs will have about 3-4M in cap space, it almost becomes pointless to send Gomez down, might as-well have him as an extra forward even if Plek isn't traded.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
  #44
Mario1981
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Massive overpayment from Montreal.
What he said...WE ARE NOT TRADING PLEKS....STOP MAKIN OFFERS WITH HIM IN IT YOUR MAKING US ALL LOOK BAD

Mario1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:26 PM
  #45
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,006
vCash: 500
zero interest from a Anaheim POV, keep those soft undersized players we have enough already

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:29 PM
  #46
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 9,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
Plekanec is only 4 years older than Ryan.
with the draft picks and prospects were giving in return
you don't think its worth the 4yr diff LOLL
The main piece for Ryan will not be a 30 year old 2nd line center. Get that through your head. The need for Pleks drops greatly if Ryan is moved. LOLL all you want but until you stop being ignorant and acting (and some of u telling) duck fans what will be enough for him, then theres no point in having this discussion for the thousandth time. No way in hell I accept the op as a duck fan

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:31 PM
  #47
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred
 
habs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
zero interest from a Anaheim POV, keep those undersized players we have enough already
undersized? Soft?

The guy is 5'11, 200ibs

and plays pretty dirty...


habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:32 PM
  #48
Duck Off
HF needs an App
 
Duck Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Oklahoma
Country: United States
Posts: 9,114
vCash: 500
And for the record Ryan has not demanded a trade. It's been confirmed by Murray. Ryan through a tantrum over rumors. He was a baby about it. Since, Ryan has been talking to fans and teammates about next season as a Duck. He even went off on a person for saying something about the article. He said people were reading too much into it. No, this is not the same as the Nash situation.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:37 PM
  #49
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,768
vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenstickytoes View Post
that trade thread wasn't anything serious.
i just wanted to see what people would write.
You should make proposals in the habs sticky first. At least this way, if approved, you won't get flamed by two fanbases.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:42 PM
  #50
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 10,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
I don't agree when people say that ANA has no urgency to move ANA when he personally said a month ago that he basically had it with being part of every trade rumour and that he felt that he needed to play with a team that wanted him...imagine the atmosphere at training camp if he is not moved by then.That being said, I had yesterday proposed in another thread Plek + Gorges for Ryan, but today's Nash trade has brought down values.

Plek+Diaz+2nd in 2013 should now be a fair trade for both parties. AHA do need Plek, and a puck-moving young D like Diaz should be welcome. The 2nd in 2013 will produce quality as that draft year is perceived as the best of this decade.
That's just wrong on so many levels. I'll try to make it short.

- Anaheim has indeed no urgency to move Ryan. So you (and 85% of the other HF users) only care to remember one article a month ago - it doesn't matter. Ever since, Ryan has made it incredibly clear that he has not and will not ask for a trade, and wants to play in Anaheim. If you don't believe that, cool. But there's no urgency. There's going to be no bad atmosphere in training camp. He didn't like being in rumors. He might get to hear a joke about it, but that's it.

- A Nash trade was never suited to "bring down" a price on Ryan. The situation just isn't remotely comparable. It's all about that NTC Nash had and Ryan did not. We don't even know how many teams Nash ultimately was going to accept a trade to, but we know at the very least it wasn't more then 3-5. That's not a great market. What makes it even less suited as a benchmark for Ryan is that Nash actually had requested a trade (again, which Ryan hasn't), taking the option of just keeping him around away from them, as long as they felt the offers were not worth it. The Ducks, were they trading Ryan, could field offers from 29 teams, and at the end of the day still say that none of those are worth it and go forward. There's some similarity between Ryan and Nash as players. There's very, very little comparable about the two when it comes to acquiring them in NHL reality.

- We don't need Plekanec in a deal for Ryan. We absolutely don't need a puckmoving defenseman like Diaz. That deal won't get you Ryan.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.