HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Three First round picks

Old
07-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Alexander Baigle

vCash: 500
Three First round picks

Columbus has now acquired a third first round pick for next year, and it looks like there will be one very high pick, and two relatively low picks. I believe #3, #24 and #28 would be a good estimate. What could Columbus acquire for these picks? Maybe packaging these picks with other things to get more.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Izzy
JuhaMetsolaForVezina

vCash: 50
Keep em and stop winnin for mckinnon

not really a hard task anyway

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Build around Murray, Rjo, JJ and Bob. Four very good pieces for the future. Draft quality players, trade old vets.

They just traded their far and away best player, acquiring stop gap vets in exchange for quality young assets would NOT be very prudent.

Tim Vezina Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Alexander Baigle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
Build around Murray, Rjo, JJ and Bob. Four very good pieces for the future. Draft quality players, trade old vets.

They just traded their far and away best player, acquiring stop gap vets in exchange for quality young assets would NOT be very prudent.
Oh, It's pretty obvious what they're doing, and I doubt they trade these picks, but what are these three picks worth? That's why it's a "Value Of" thread. Everything has a certain amount of value.

Alexander Baigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:32 PM
N o o d l e s

They really need to hope that the other two 1st rounders they have right now don't end up as low as 24 and 28. If they can get those two picks to be lower by virtue of someone having a bad year, maybe they can package those 2 picks along with a player like Umberger to get into the top 10 twice.

If not, this draft is really deep and they should get 3 good young players, if Howson doesn't butcher this as well.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:39 PM
beaverbrook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Baigle View Post
What could Columbus acquire for these picks?
Kessel?

beaverbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
They really need to hope that the other two 1st rounders they have right now don't end up as low as 24 and 28. If they can get those two picks to be lower by virtue of someone having a bad year, maybe they can package those 2 picks along with a player like Umberger to get into the top 10 twice.

If not, this draft is really deep and they should get 3 good young players, if Howson doesn't butcher this as well.
Honestly, I think it would be in their best interest to suck this year. Landing Jones/Mackinnon would do WONDERS for their franchise, immediately infusing talent into the lineup.

If they acquire Mackinnon, Having Rjo/Mack would be a very formidable 1-2 punch down the line.

The Jackets will be bad for a couple years, but their future is bright IMO.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Honestly, I think it would be in their best interest to suck this year. Landing Jones/Mackinnon would do WONDERS for their franchise, immediately infusing talent into the lineup.

If they acquire Mackinnon, Having Rjo/Mack would be a very formidable 1-2 punch down the line.

As long as you guys stop talking about relocating the team...

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Oh, It's pretty obvious what they're doing, and I doubt they trade these picks, but what are these three picks worth? That's why it's a "Value Of" thread. Everything has a certain amount of value.
A lot? Not sure what you mean.

Valuing these picks would only be necessary if they were thinking about trading them...which they likely arent...

Old
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
With their luck, it will be 2, 29 and 30.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:43 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
Don't generalize please, I have never said that.

Old
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:

Agree...and this time start with a center as your pick. The CBJ defense is alright so now all they need is centers. Johansen is a good start but just a start.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
jjn226

suprised we haven't gotten the no Thomas Vanek response!!!!

jjn226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
N o o d l e s

Quote:

I agree, I'm saying keep their own first rounder and try to move the additional two picks plus a valuable piece like Umberger to get back into the top 10. If they could get two of these top 10 guys it would immediately help their young core of Brassard, Johansen, Tyutin, Murray and the others.

N o o d l e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:51 PM
tsujimoto74

Keep all 3. If the last 2 are that low, and there's a specific player they like, maybe they can move up for 2 top 10 or 15 picks at the draft. They've got a good young d-core now, and with how deep the next draft looks to be in forward talent, they should be able to kickstart a strong rebuild.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:52 PM
JackJ

Quote:
Columbus has now acquired a third first round pick for next year, and it looks like there will be one very high pick, and two relatively low picks. I believe #3, #24 and #28 would be a good estimate. What could Columbus acquire for these picks? Maybe packaging these picks with other things to get more.
They're a lock for 30th and hopefully this time around the 1st overall pick.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:54 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I haven't seen any talk of moving the BJ's on our boards but I also haven't read through all of the Nash traded thread. The only thing the blue jackets need to do is fire Howson IMO before the next draft. You guys are sitting on 3 firsts in a very deep and strong draft. That's a great thing to already have in place for a rebuilding team. The assets you guys got for Nash at least are all young. I just don't think it's in CLB's best interest to have Howson making those picks. Besides unless the rags add more pieces this off season I really don't see them being all that great. They are a top heavy team with not much in the way of depth although Sather does have time and money to address that. I'm not really sure who else's pick you guys have but a first is a first.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 03:59 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 526
Quote:
LA will be around 20-30
NYR rangers around the same
BKS own will be at 1-6

two pciks betqween 25-30 could get you a 10 to 15 pick

Depending on the team--say #3+#23+#29 might get you number 1

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I haven't seen any talk of moving the BJ's on our boards but I also haven't read through all of the Nash traded thread. The only thing the blue jackets need to do is fire Howson IMO before the next draft. You guys are sitting on 3 firsts in a very deep and strong draft. That's a great thing to already have in place for a rebuilding team. The assets you guys got for Nash at least are all young. I just don't think it's in CLB's best interest to have Howson making those picks. Besides unless the rags add more pieces this off season I really don't see them being all that great. They are a top heavy team with not much in the way of depth although Sather does have time and money to address that. I'm not really sure who else's pick you guys have but a first is a first.
With the lone exception of Filatov, Howson is a damned good drafter. If MacLean had drafted like Howson, this would have been a contending team long ago.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:01 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

considering what's on the market right now, bobby ryan, if you added a roster forward.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:03 PM
vokiel
Nothing blind

Send an offer sheet to Subban.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
StuckOutHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Or Colin Wilson.

StuckOutHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckOutHere View Post
Or Colin Wilson.
You both now they would rather Franson.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:25 PM
Oshie97

I think they should scout their butts off as this is supposed to be a deep draft. That team needs some cheap talent, they could end up with three good players out of the 1st round alone. The Blues did this when they started their rebuild and it's looking good so far.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by N O O D L E S View Post
They really need to hope that the other two 1st rounders they have right now don't end up as low as 24 and 28. If they can get those two picks to be lower by virtue of someone having a bad year, maybe they can package those 2 picks along with a player like Umberger
Stop right there. Umberger isn't going anywhere for a while. He's the only guy left who scored 20 goals last year.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote