HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Luongo XXV - *Important Mod Warning #15*

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 12:37 AM
BlueBaron

vCash: 500
Here is a question. In view of the Nash Trade do Canuck fans expect more than that or equal or less ?

Old
07-26-2012, 12:41 AM
stavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
This thread for me:

this is mine

Old
07-26-2012, 12:44 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Here is a question. In view of the Nash Trade do Canuck fans expect more than that or equal or less ?
Right around the ball park. I think Gillis is aiming for higher.

If we're talking value using NYR's package, I'd like to think he at least would aim for what Nash got, and is shooting for something like:

One of Kreider, MCD or MDZ
One of Dubinsky or Anisimov
One of Erixon and 2nd or 1st

My guess is Gillis thinks Luongo will fetch between what Nash got or a little more. If that's not available, Gillis waits until deadline because we're not cap strapped at the moment.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:49 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Right around the ball park. I think Gillis is aiming for higher.

If we're talking value using NYR's package, I'd like to think he at least would aim for what Nash got, and is shooting for something like:

One of Kreider, MCD or MDZ
One of Dubinsky or Anisimov
One of Erixon and 2nd or 1st

My guess is Gillis thinks Luongo will fetch between what Nash got or a little more. If that's not available, Gillis waits until deadline because we're not cap strapped at the moment.
This was non starter for Nash. I think Nash has much more value than Luongo as well. Maybe Anisimov, Thomas, 2nd a more comparable package.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:50 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Canuck fans stop with the one liners and personal attacks. We arent attacking you here, we are having a discussion around the eventual trade of luongo.

Either bring your a-game or go circle jay in the canuck forum. You constantly avoid tye very.legitimate argument about the reason luongo has negative trade value.
Why do you consider only arguments that you agree with legitimate?
There are both Canuck's fans and opposing fans making solid arguments and also some from both sides ruining this thread by trolling. What you are doing is generalizing all Canuck fans and making us seem like few loud mouth fans that I assume you ran into. There have been personal attacks on both sides, please try to be more objective before making posts like this. So crazy that there is lots of Canuck fans in a Luongo thread

Old
07-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Linden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This was non starter for Nash. I think Nash has much more value than Luongo as well. Maybe Anisimov, Thomas, 2nd a more comparable package.
Now what would that translate into for Toronto or Florida?

Old
07-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Eastside

Quote:
Canuck fans stop with the one liners and personal attacks. We arent attacking you here, we are having a discussion around the eventual trade of luongo.

Either bring your a-game or go circle jay in the canuck forum. You constantly avoid tye very.legitimate argument about the reason luongo has negative trade value.

Negative trade value?! Are you saying we'll have to trade Luongo and an "A" prospect straight up for a "B" prospect? This is the only thing I can gather from the phrase "negative trade value."

Old
07-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Linden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Less, but not significantly less IMO

Old
07-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Now what would that translate into for Toronto or Florida?
Toronto:

Bozak/Frattin, Percy, 2nd.

Florida:

Matthias, Robak, 2nd.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
This is where we disagree.

If they're both on the same contract, Nash has a lot more value. Luongo costs $2m less than Nash, and has proven more than him.

The only thing Nash has over Luongo is age.

I'd say their value is close.

Old
07-26-2012, 12:58 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
This is where we disagree.

If they're both on the same contract, Nash has a lot more value. Luongo costs $2m less than Nash, and has proven more than him.

The only thing Nash has over Luongo is age.

I'd say their value is close.
I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
Not really. I expect the worst and hope for the best.

I think Gillis will hold out unless he gets value. If we're running with Luongo and Schneider we're rolling the dice, but it's better than taking what little value is out there.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:04 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
You think a top 10 goalie is worth less than a 65-point winger with 1.5 times the cap hit?

Old
07-26-2012, 01:06 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
You constantly avoid tye very.legitimate argument about the reason luongo has negative trade value.
No such argument exists.

Ridiculous.

Old
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
You think a top 10 goalie is worth less than a 65-point winger with 1.5 times the cap hit?
Is that why he was traded before Nash?

Old
Habsrback

I can't see Luongo fetching anything close to the Nash deal as bad as that one is perceived to be. Everybody knows , that he is a proven playoff underperformer with a terrible contract. Moreover, Gillis might just have pissed off the only two teams that were interested by pulling a Howson. Finally, Canucks can't risk indefinitely losing their dressing room by keeping a progressively more disgruntled high contract player.

My guess is that he will end up taking a 2nd pick plus that trading team's main goalie for salary dump. He would have probably got better two months ago when he had three pretenders with the Tampa Bay Lighning but his demands were probably too greedy.

Bulls make money, bears make maney, but pigs bust.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:10 AM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Why do you consider only arguments that you agree with legitimate?
There are both Canuck's fans and opposing fans making solid arguments and also some from both sides ruining this thread by trolling. What you are doing is generalizing all Canuck fans and making us seem like few loud mouth fans that I assume you ran into. There have been personal attacks on both sides, please try to be more objective before making posts like this. So crazy that there is lots of Canuck fans in a Luongo thread
So saying Loungo isn't elite is being a troll

Old
07-26-2012, 01:13 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Is that why he was traded before Nash?
As everyone knows, the faster the trade, the better the return, right?

What the hell are you talking about?

Old
07-26-2012, 01:13 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
I can't see Luongo fetching anything close to the Nash deal as bad as that one is perceived to be. Everybody knows , that he is a proven playoff underperformer with a terrible contract. Moreover, Gillis might just have pissed off the only two teams that were interested by pulling a Howson. Finally, Canucks can't risk indefinitely losing their dressing room by keeping a progressively more disgruntled high contract player.

My guess is that he will end up taking a 2nd pick plus that trading team's main goalie for salary dump. He would have probably got better two months ago when he had three pretenders with the Tampa Bay Lighning but his demands were probably too greedy.

Bulls make money, bears make maney, but pigs bust.
The post above contains zero facts.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
Quick, Rinne, Thomas, Lundqvist, Ward, Price, Rask, Brodeur, Miller, Halak, Scneider, and I am sure that I am forgetting one or two more as it is late.

Question: can anybody tell me without laughing that Luongo, TODAY, is better than ANY of the 11 goailes aforemebtioned?

Old
07-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Neither do most of yours.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Quick, Rinne, Thomas, Lundqvist, Ward, Price, Rask, Brodeur, Miller, Halak, Scneider, and I am sure that I am forgetting one or two more as it is late.

Question: can anybody tell me without laughing that Luongo, TODAY, is better than ANY of the 11 goailes aforemebtioned?
Thomas and Brodeur are out due to age (hell, Thomas might not ever play again). Funny how people use the age argument to discredit Luongo, but then ignore it for other goalies.

Halak, Price, Schneider, Miller, and Rask are debatable (have not proven nearly as much).

Old
07-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Shawnathon

Quote:

In all honesty, Loungo is much better than Brodeur. Not as clutch but still better. And he is better than Halak and Rask ATM.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:28 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
That Luongo is a proven playoff underperformer is not a fact? Wow. Do you have anything more as absurd to say? How about naming, during the past 5 years, just ONE playoff year that he was good...I am not asking for very good or excellent or fantastic...just good? At the ooposite end I can name two that he was terrible and one that he was bad. Any takers on this?

Get real.

Old
07-26-2012, 01:32 AM
Habsrback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
In all honesty, Loungo is much better than Brodeur. Not as clutch but still better. And he is better than Halak and Rask ATM.
You obviously haven't seen Halak in the playoffs, and I disagree about Rask. Even if you are remotely right, this does not position him as a solid top 10. By the way, I think he has the heaviest contract in the league, aside from that dipietro contract that is the biggest brain cramp that any GM ever had.

Closed Thread