HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Luongo XXV - *Important Mod Warning #15*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-26-2012, 12:37 AM
  #351
BlueBaron
Registered User
 
BlueBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto, On
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,015
vCash: 500
Here is a question. In view of the Nash Trade do Canuck fans expect more than that or equal or less ?

BlueBaron is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:41 AM
  #352
stavs
Registered User
 
stavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
This thread for me:

this is mine


stavs is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:44 AM
  #353
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 10,659
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Here is a question. In view of the Nash Trade do Canuck fans expect more than that or equal or less ?
Right around the ball park. I think Gillis is aiming for higher.

If we're talking value using NYR's package, I'd like to think he at least would aim for what Nash got, and is shooting for something like:

One of Kreider, MCD or MDZ
One of Dubinsky or Anisimov
One of Erixon and 2nd or 1st

My guess is Gillis thinks Luongo will fetch between what Nash got or a little more. If that's not available, Gillis waits until deadline because we're not cap strapped at the moment.

Wilch is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:49 AM
  #354
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Right around the ball park. I think Gillis is aiming for higher.

If we're talking value using NYR's package, I'd like to think he at least would aim for what Nash got, and is shooting for something like:

One of Kreider, MCD or MDZ
One of Dubinsky or Anisimov
One of Erixon and 2nd or 1st

My guess is Gillis thinks Luongo will fetch between what Nash got or a little more. If that's not available, Gillis waits until deadline because we're not cap strapped at the moment.
This was non starter for Nash. I think Nash has much more value than Luongo as well. Maybe Anisimov, Thomas, 2nd a more comparable package.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:50 AM
  #355
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 50,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Canuck fans stop with the one liners and personal attacks. We arent attacking you here, we are having a discussion around the eventual trade of luongo.

Either bring your a-game or go circle jay in the canuck forum. You constantly avoid tye very.legitimate argument about the reason luongo has negative trade value.
Why do you consider only arguments that you agree with legitimate?
There are both Canuck's fans and opposing fans making solid arguments and also some from both sides ruining this thread by trolling. What you are doing is generalizing all Canuck fans and making us seem like few loud mouth fans that I assume you ran into. There have been personal attacks on both sides, please try to be more objective before making posts like this. So crazy that there is lots of Canuck fans in a Luongo thread

Linden is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:51 AM
  #356
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 50,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This was non starter for Nash. I think Nash has much more value than Luongo as well. Maybe Anisimov, Thomas, 2nd a more comparable package.
Now what would that translate into for Toronto or Florida?

Linden is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:52 AM
  #357
Eastside
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Canuck fans stop with the one liners and personal attacks. We arent attacking you here, we are having a discussion around the eventual trade of luongo.

Either bring your a-game or go circle jay in the canuck forum. You constantly avoid tye very.legitimate argument about the reason luongo has negative trade value.

Negative trade value?! Are you saying we'll have to trade Luongo and an "A" prospect straight up for a "B" prospect? This is the only thing I can gather from the phrase "negative trade value."

Eastside is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:52 AM
  #358
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 50,370
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
Here is a question. In view of the Nash Trade do Canuck fans expect more than that or equal or less ?
Less, but not significantly less IMO

Linden is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:55 AM
  #359
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Now what would that translate into for Toronto or Florida?
Toronto:

Bozak/Frattin, Percy, 2nd.

Florida:

Matthias, Robak, 2nd.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:55 AM
  #360
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 10,659
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This was non starter for Nash. I think Nash has much more value than Luongo as well. Maybe Anisimov, Thomas, 2nd a more comparable package.
This is where we disagree.

If they're both on the same contract, Nash has a lot more value. Luongo costs $2m less than Nash, and has proven more than him.

The only thing Nash has over Luongo is age.

I'd say their value is close.

Wilch is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 12:58 AM
  #361
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
This is where we disagree.

If they're both on the same contract, Nash has a lot more value. Luongo costs $2m less than Nash, and has proven more than him.

The only thing Nash has over Luongo is age.

I'd say their value is close.
I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:01 AM
  #362
Wilch
Unregistered User
 
Wilch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under your bed
Country: Taiwan
Posts: 10,659
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Not really. I expect the worst and hope for the best.

I think Gillis will hold out unless he gets value. If we're running with Luongo and Schneider we're rolling the dice, but it's better than taking what little value is out there.

Wilch is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:04 AM
  #363
The Overseer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
You think a top 10 goalie is worth less than a 65-point winger with 1.5 times the cap hit?

The Overseer* is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  #364
The Overseer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
You constantly avoid tye very.legitimate argument about the reason luongo has negative trade value.
No such argument exists.

Ridiculous.

The Overseer* is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  #365
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
You think a top 10 goalie is worth less than a 65-point winger with 1.5 times the cap hit?
Is that why he was traded before Nash?

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:06 AM
  #366
Habsrback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
I can't see Luongo fetching anything close to the Nash deal as bad as that one is perceived to be. Everybody knows , that he is a proven playoff underperformer with a terrible contract. Moreover, Gillis might just have pissed off the only two teams that were interested by pulling a Howson. Finally, Canucks can't risk indefinitely losing their dressing room by keeping a progressively more disgruntled high contract player.

My guess is that he will end up taking a 2nd pick plus that trading team's main goalie for salary dump. He would have probably got better two months ago when he had three pretenders with the Tampa Bay Lighning but his demands were probably too greedy.

Bulls make money, bears make maney, but pigs bust.

Habsrback is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:10 AM
  #367
Shawnathon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Why do you consider only arguments that you agree with legitimate?
There are both Canuck's fans and opposing fans making solid arguments and also some from both sides ruining this thread by trolling. What you are doing is generalizing all Canuck fans and making us seem like few loud mouth fans that I assume you ran into. There have been personal attacks on both sides, please try to be more objective before making posts like this. So crazy that there is lots of Canuck fans in a Luongo thread
So saying Loungo isn't elite is being a troll

Shawnathon is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:13 AM
  #368
The Overseer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Is that why he was traded before Nash?
As everyone knows, the faster the trade, the better the return, right?

What the hell are you talking about?

The Overseer* is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:13 AM
  #369
The Overseer*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
I can't see Luongo fetching anything close to the Nash deal as bad as that one is perceived to be. Everybody knows , that he is a proven playoff underperformer with a terrible contract. Moreover, Gillis might just have pissed off the only two teams that were interested by pulling a Howson. Finally, Canucks can't risk indefinitely losing their dressing room by keeping a progressively more disgruntled high contract player.

My guess is that he will end up taking a 2nd pick plus that trading team's main goalie for salary dump. He would have probably got better two months ago when he had three pretenders with the Tampa Bay Lighning but his demands were probably too greedy.

Bulls make money, bears make maney, but pigs bust.
The post above contains zero facts.

The Overseer* is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:16 AM
  #370
Habsrback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
You think a top 10 goalie is worth less than a 65-point winger with 1.5 times the cap hit?
Quick, Rinne, Thomas, Lundqvist, Ward, Price, Rask, Brodeur, Miller, Halak, Scneider, and I am sure that I am forgetting one or two more as it is late.

Question: can anybody tell me without laughing that Luongo, TODAY, is better than ANY of the 11 goailes aforemebtioned?

Habsrback is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:17 AM
  #371
Shawnathon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
The post above contains zero facts.
Neither do most of yours.

Shawnathon is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:24 AM
  #372
Co Ho*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
Quick, Rinne, Thomas, Lundqvist, Ward, Price, Rask, Brodeur, Miller, Halak, Scneider, and I am sure that I am forgetting one or two more as it is late.

Question: can anybody tell me without laughing that Luongo, TODAY, is better than ANY of the 11 goailes aforemebtioned?
Thomas and Brodeur are out due to age (hell, Thomas might not ever play again). Funny how people use the age argument to discredit Luongo, but then ignore it for other goalies.

Halak, Price, Schneider, Miller, and Rask are debatable (have not proven nearly as much).

Co Ho* is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:24 AM
  #373
Shawnathon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsrback View Post
Quick, Rinne, Thomas, Lundqvist, Ward, Price, Rask, Brodeur, Miller, Halak, Scneider, and I am sure that I am forgetting one or two more as it is late.

Question: can anybody tell me without laughing that Luongo, TODAY, is better than ANY of the 11 goailes aforemebtioned?
In all honesty, Loungo is much better than Brodeur. Not as clutch but still better. And he is better than Halak and Rask ATM.

Shawnathon is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:28 AM
  #374
Habsrback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overseer View Post
The post above contains zero facts.
That Luongo is a proven playoff underperformer is not a fact? Wow. Do you have anything more as absurd to say? How about naming, during the past 5 years, just ONE playoff year that he was good...I am not asking for very good or excellent or fantastic...just good? At the ooposite end I can name two that he was terrible and one that he was bad. Any takers on this?

Get real.

Habsrback is offline  
Old
07-26-2012, 01:32 AM
  #375
Habsrback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
In all honesty, Loungo is much better than Brodeur. Not as clutch but still better. And he is better than Halak and Rask ATM.
You obviously haven't seen Halak in the playoffs, and I disagree about Rask. Even if you are remotely right, this does not position him as a solid top 10. By the way, I think he has the heaviest contract in the league, aside from that dipietro contract that is the biggest brain cramp that any GM ever had.

Habsrback is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.