HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo XXV - *Important Mod Warning #15*

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2012, 02:34 PM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Yeah who wants a winning environment for your franchise when you can stick with Reimer/Scrivens tandem!
Why can't Reimer win? I am a big fan of Lou, but I am not going to discredit what Reims did prior to his injury..

Old
07-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calacatz View Post
He publicly stated he is done in Vancouver and has zero desire to be a back up. Gillis trying to bring him to camp is only a distraction.

Some of you actually think that him becomming a back up goalie will enable his value to go up during towards the deadline... right...

As a leafs fan and as much as I want Burke to trade for Lou, I got a feeling Gillis price and dragging this out may actually beenfit the Leafs if Reimer returns to form and has a solid start to the year.. Might be a blessing to save whatever assets to acquire a #1c and hope the much young and very inexpensive Reimer can hold fort and has a lot to prove this year...

It's not because he's a backup that will drive his value up, it's that other team's needs may increase depending on injuries or disappointing performances from goalies. I'm very confident at least one team will have goaltending issues at some point before the trade deadline, but seem confident in their tandem right now.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
It's not because he's a backup that will drive his value up, it's that other team's needs may increase depending on injuries or disappointing performances from goalies. I'm very confident at least one team will have goaltending issues at some point before the trade deadline, but seem confident in their tandem right now.
No team is going to overpay for a 10 year stopgap because of an injury.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Just those ten?

Quick
Price
Schneider
Rask
Rinne
Lundqvist
Halak
Lehtonen
Luongo
Kiprusoff
lol @ Rinne, Rask. Price and Schneider having more value than Lundqvist.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
No team is going to overpay for a 10 year stopgap because of an injury.

Yeah it would have to be a really desperate move, or the injured goalie is on his contract year.
Still, there is plenty of logic for the value in Luongo increasing throughout the season based on other team's goaltending performances.

Old
HogTown06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
All I'm personally hoping to get for Luongo are secondary assets:

Kadri/Colborne + Ashton + 1st (top 5 protected, moves to next year) + 2nd.
Nothing that hurts the Leafs too bad but enough ammo for the Canucks to try and pick something useful up at the deadline or now.

I still think the biggest issue for the Leafs is showing they have a team that can get to the playoffs this year in order to improve their chances of signing Phaneuf, McCarthur, Lupul and Kessel in the next 2 years. Teams that don't make the playoffs usually need to overpay for UFAs...even their own.
Not sure if serious but Komi + 5th would be closer to reality than that. I thought both fanbases were past this point...

Old
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Yeah who wants a winning environment for your franchise when you can stick with Reimer/Scrivens tandem!
Good God, this Reimer bashing is rather amusing. What tells you he is not going to be a good goalie? Because of a sophomore season in which he suffered a serious concusiion and had a rough time even after he came back? Or does that not apply here because, well, because he is a Leaf?

I mean, can we not just as easily refer to his .921 save percentage in his rookie season when he was excellent? Or does that not count because it doesn't suit your "Reimer/Scrivens tandem" argument?

No one is saying the kid will be an all star, but how about an objective view of Reimer from Vancouver? If we can throw out hyperbole on his concussed season from last year, can we not add in his rookie performance?

Old
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Mackinaw View Post
Good God, this Reimer bashing is rather amusing. What tells you he is not going to be a good goalie? Because of a sophomore season in which he suffered a serious concusiion and had a rough time even after he came back? Or does that not apply here because, well, because he is a Leaf?

I mean, can we not just as easily refer to his .921 save percentage in his rookie season when he was excellent? Or does that not count because it doesn't suit your "Reimer/Scrivens tandem" argument?

No, one is saying the kid will be an all star, but how about an objective view of Reimer from Vancouver? If we can throw out hyperbole on his concussed season from last year, can we not add in his rookie performance?
Amen.

Like Kulemin the 7g or 30g scorer, Reimer is likely not a consistent .921% goalie, but he is likely better than he showed post concussion last year.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't see how it deteriorates his value. If we didn't have Schneider he would still be our number 1. If Lundquvist gets beat out by some young hot shot would his value be deteriorated? Probably no in the opinions of most, the young hot shot's value would rise though.
I think it probably would. But we'll never know since we haven't drafted a goalie prospect since forever.

Quote:
And by the time that his skills deteriorate the term won't be an issue because they can eat the last 3 year of his contract in the minors or he retires.
Yes he can retire, but again it's not a certainty. Along with a new CBA, we don't know how they'll manage players being buried in the minors.

Quote:
With the current market the way it is Booth is not overpaid. For what it took Gillis to get him thats a steal. Booth is still a top 6 capable of 20+ goals. For 4 million that is good in the current market.
I disagree. There were injury concerns for him after getting his clock cleaned by Richards and hasn't produced to those standards since. I don't think he's a complete player, but he's speedy and will score garbage goals. He is overpaid similarly to Dubinsky.

Quote:
Yes Burke can lowball but he isn't really in the place to with the goalies he has.
Burke can sell his goalie prospects to anyone. Reimer was good before he got concussed and apparently he has a lot of trust in him. (lol) Or at least, this is what he's sold to the media.

Quote:
With the way people say "Luongo lost his starting job" you would think it happened in December & not when our team was 0-3 in the hole & we had NO OTHER way to shake up our team to give them a kick in the ass then send in the back up. People do know that teams usually play harder for their back ups... right?
That's not true at all, it's mere speculation on your part. His value is lower since GMs know the Canucks have no choice but to place Schneider as their starting goalie.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:52 PM
rune74

Quote:

No one is saying the kid will be an all star, but how about an objective view of Reimer from Vancouver? If we can throw out hyperbole on his concussed season from last year, can we not add in his rookie performance?
Yeah, that would sort of be like an objective view from Toronto...loungo i s not a backup...or a stop gap for a team. Or is does this not fit your we can have him for scraps arguements?

Old
07-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Holy Mackinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Yeah, that would sort of be like an objective view from Toronto...loungo i s not a backup...or a stop gap for a team. Or is does this not fit your we can have him for scraps arguements?
Really? Most Leaf fans will tell you Luongo is a solid, perhaps even great, goalie. He is also not worth the price Gillis is asking, which probably explains why he hasn't been traded.

All we get from the left coast is how much Reimer sucks. Period.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Here in lies the problem for TO. Luongo isn't a stopgap....TO is LOOKING for a stopgap.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
rune74

Quote:
Really? Most Leaf fans will tell you Luongo is a solid, perhaps even great, goalie. He is also not worth the price Gillis is asking, which probably explains why he hasn't been traded.

All we get from the left coast is how much Reimer sucks. Period.
You and I both know, loungo is a better goalie the Reimer, Period. As to your first statement, read the thread.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:56 PM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Teams needs & where luongo wants to take his services can be 2 totally different things... Remember who holds the cards...

Old
07-26-2012, 02:57 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
You and I both know, loungo is a better goalie the Reimer, Period. As to your first statement, read the thread.
No arguement. But we have Reimer, and the price on Luongo is to high. So, i guess Reimer it is.

Old
07-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Calacatz
Pak-trick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
lol @ Rinne, Rask. Price and Schneider having more value than Lundqvist.
Rinne is definately top 10, Rask not so much....

Old
07-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Teams needs & where luongo wants to take his services can be 2 totally different things... Remember who holds the cards...

Luongo knows his contract will limit his options and he will not want to remain a backup goalie forever, so he'll pick the best option available to him due to these restrictions. No, I do not have a source, this is common sense.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Right...Luongo makes us instant cup contenders.
Yeah cause thats what I said

Old
07-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Burke the Legend

vCash: 2615
Leafs fans truly delusional about Reimer/Scrivens or are they copy/pasting old posts about Justin Pogge and Jonas Gustavsenn and just changing the names to provide filler content here at hfboards over the summer?

Old
07-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Why can't Reimer win? I am a big fan of Lou, but I am not going to discredit what Reims did prior to his injury..
So roll the dice with a guy that has put up the same #'s as Luongo for half a season rather than give up assets for a guy that has put up those #'s for 10 years? That is not what I would be hoping that my team does but I don't care to change minds.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:34 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Leafs fans truly delusional about Reimer/Scrivens or are they copy/pasting old posts about Justin Pogge and Jonas Gustavsenn and just changing the names to provide filler content here at hfboards over the summer?
Why don't you propose what you feel would be a fair deal for Luongo if you don't think we can proceed without him.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:37 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
So roll the dice with a guy that has put up the same #'s as Luongo for half a season rather than give up assets for a guy that has put up those #'s for 10 years? That is not what I would be hoping that my team does but I don't care to change minds.
Not for the purposes of arguing, but how is going with a guy who has 68 games experience any different? Both Reimer and Schnieder have a small sample size.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Why don't you propose what you feel would be a fair deal for Luongo if you don't think we can proceed without him.
Haven't we done this enough?

Canuck fan posts what he thinks is fair
Leaf fans laugh and says they are way off, Luongo is a back up...etc Give what they think is fair
Canuck fan talk about Schneider being the only reason he is not the starter, laugh at Leaf proposal

Old
07-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Haven't we done this enough?

Canuck fan posts what he thinks is fair
Leaf fans laugh and says they are way off, Luongo is a back up...etc Give what they think is fair
Canuck fan talk about Schneider being the only reason he is not the starter, laugh at Leaf proposal
I guess i was assuming "Burke the legend" was a Leaf fan and wanted his perspective. I suppose it could be a troll name of a Nuck's fan, if thats the case, you are correct.

Old
07-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Not for the purposes of arguing, but how is going with a guy who has 68 games experience any different? Both Reimer and Schnieder have a small sample size.
Reimer has a fraction of the AHL and NHL success that Schneider has. Also, if you watch the two goalies play, there is a big difference in where they are technically.

Closed Thread