HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal signs Alex Galchenyuk to a three-year deal ($832,500/year + $2.3M P.Bonus )

Old
07-28-2012, 02:23 PM
No Team Needed

vCash: 500
Why would anyone want to compare Galchenyuk to Kostitsyn is beyond me. That's like comparing the Sedins to the Kostitsyn's just because it's a pair of brothers.

No Team Needed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I believe he's eligible for Russian and America, as he hasn't played an IIHF tournament, but has already choose the states.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 05:53 PM
MaxLacoste

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I'm no longer too worried about his knee. The thing he really needs to work on is his acceleration IMO. How great he will be depends a lot on that. Everything else about his game borders on the elite. His acceleration is very pedestrian though, but I think with some technique adjustments that could turn out great as well.
The coaching staff already ask him to work on his first 3 steps. His top speed is incredible but if he could reach it a couple steps earlier he could be deadly everywhere on the ice.

I'm not too worry too about his knee. Player of that age heal pretty well. The only thing is that he lost a year, but except that he will be just fine.

MaxLacoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2012, 06:15 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Malkin tore his ACL the year before at age 24, and last year came back and scored 50, is his work ethic and commitment to the gym as big as galchenyuks, i dont know, but lets calm down on overblowing the knee
You are extrapolating a lot on what I wrote. But maybe I misinterpreted myself. I'm not saying that his injury will forever affect his career or that he won't ever be the same. All I meant to say is that in Galch's case, it's the only thing that's kind of bothersome unlike Kostitsyn--or most prospects that have gone through our system over the years--that had quite a few question marks on his file. Every aspect of this guy is impressive. The only little scratch on his resume is a major injury. I'm not worried that with his ethic and hard work, he should (or already has) make a full recovery.

Gabe84 is online now   Reply With Quote