HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I am 100% certain that this is his FB page. Look at the former teammates he has from Sweden, Rundblad, Larsson and Swedish prospects Oscar Lindberg and Anton Lander. The one that was complaining doesn't have these friends, it's a hoax account.
Fact-checking is skill on the verge of extinction.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Where can I watch this press conference?

Old
07-25-2012, 11:43 AM
nevesis

Old
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Affinity

Herp derp social media. The last few pages have been a fun read, bunch of people who have never met Tim Erixon making claims about his maturity based off a FB page that isn't his.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

Nice

Old
07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Yeah Rick is officially in the blue!

Old
07-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

What website is the conference on? I can't find it on here.

Old
07-25-2012, 11:53 AM
Levitate

If it's anywhere it'll probably be posted on the official Rangers site or on blueshirtsunited.com

Old
07-25-2012, 11:55 AM
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor

I have empathy for Erixon , how would you like to be told you’re going to be a CBJ fan and have to watch them all year. Well you still get to be a hockey fan….. As for Voros, it was always said, if nothing else he was a good teammate and good guy to have in the locker room. Aaron had Ranger posters on his wall as a kid, loved being a Ranger and took it well when he was picked up on waivers or traded (whatever it was)……. Cut the kid some slack…..

Old
07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If it's anywhere it'll probably be posted on the official Rangers site or on blueshirtsunited.com
At 1PM? or some time throughout the day?

Old
07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

There's nothing different from Nash (a captain no less) asking for a trade while under contract so he could play for a winner than Erixon forcing the Flames to trade him to NY. While Nash has paid his dues and Erixon hasn't, you can't blame a kid wanting no part of loser organization with no future, which is exactly what Calgary is.

Don't be hypocrites. You were all ecstatic that he was traded her regardless of the circumstances, and now that he's no longer NYR property, the moral judges come out in full force.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
I have empathy for Erixon , how would you like to be told you’re going to be a CBJ fan and have to watch them all year. Well you still get to be a hockey fan….. As for Voros, it was always said, if nothing else he was a good teammate and good guy to have in the locker room. Aaron had Ranger posters on his wall as a kid, loved being a Ranger and took it well when he was picked up on waivers or traded (whatever it was)……. Cut the kid some slack…..
Everyone would have empathy for Erixon if he didn't screw over Calgary...

And fake or not, posting those statuses would be totally fine to a private account, it was just weird to see him whining and then answering peoples questions on a public page. I would never assume things about his character based on it...

Old
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
There's nothing different from Nash (a captain no less) asking for a trade while under contract so he could play for a winner than Erixon forcing the Flames to trade him to NY. While Nash has paid his dues and Erixon hasn't, you can't blame a kid wanting no part of loser organization with no future, which is exactly what Calgary is.

Don't be hypocrites. You were all ecstatic that he was traded her regardless of the circumstances, and now that he's no longer NYR property, the moral judges come out in full force.
I posted during the Justin Schultz dilemma that people who are making fun of the kid better have done the same for Erixon. My stance has never once changed, what he did to Calgary is ridiculous and the same goes for Schultz. Erixon is going to be a great NHL defenseman either way, he's very very good.

It's actually hilarious that you would compare it to Nash being traded, because it's so different and about 10x more of a slap in the face.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
He looks good in blue.

White shorts and thong sandals..........eh, not so much.

07-25-2012, 12:05 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Erixon is getting guidance from his father. Torts didn't say anything great about him to Kay the day of the trade, which can be interpreted several ways.

Makes you wonder - Erixon and Rundblad have been on three teams apiece. What I saw of both in the AHL backs up their scouting reports.

What I saw in Erixon reminded me a little of Zubov when was in Binghamton.

I think Erixon will be a very good top-4 NHL defenseman

Old
07-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post

I completely agree with you.

The people who are questioning Erixon's character should also be questioning Nash's. He gave up on his team.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Levitate

To some degree I don't blame Nash...he was there for 9 years, he gave the team his all and management couldn't build a team around him that could consistently compete. After 8 years of failure and 1 playoff appearance, then he hears that the team is going to rebuild again? At what point do you say enough is enough and you want a chance to win?

I'm not saying it's always a good thing when players want out but sometimes it is necessary to do what's best for you

Old
07-25-2012, 12:13 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I posted during the Justin Schultz dilemma that people who are making fun of the kid better have done the same for Erixon. My stance has never once changed, what he did to Calgary is ridiculous and the same goes for Schultz. Erixon is going to be a great NHL defenseman either way, he's very very good.

It's actually hilarious that you would compare it to Nash being traded, because it's so different and about 10x more of a slap in the face.
Erixon wanted no part of the Flames. Nash no longer wanted any part of Columbus. Both organizations were compensated. Both organizations are poorly run.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:16 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
I completely agree with you.

The people who are questioning Erixon's character should also be questioning Nash's. He gave up on his team.
Nash played 10 years on a horribly run team in a horrible city and never once complained. He did a ton of community work and was always considered a great teammate. 10 years and he was never given proper support or a winning team. Every prospect Columbus has drafted has failed to live up to expectations and they have failed in nearly aspect. Nash asked for a trade and still played for his team, keeping his mouth shut.

Tim Erixon notified his team just weeks before the draft that he would not be signing. He made a ridiculous excuse (defensive depth) and handcuffed his team much worse then Nash ever did. Calgary was forced to trade him immediately or they would only recieve a 2nd round pick.

It's almost baffling that you people can find any resemblance aside from the shallowest of levels; 2 players getting traded from a team.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

Quote:
Nash played 10 years on a horribly run team in a horrible city and never once complained. He did a ton of community work and was always considered a great teammate. 10 years and he was never given proper support or a winning team. Every prospect Columbus has drafted has failed to live up to expectations and they have failed in nearly aspect. Nash asked for a trade and still played for his team, keeping his mouth shut.

Tim Erixon notified his team just weeks before the draft that he would not be signing. He made a ridiculous excuse (defensive depth) and handcuffed his team much worse then Nash ever did. Calgary was forced to trade him immediately or they would only recieve a 2nd round pick.

I'm almost baffling that you people can find any resemblance aside from the shallowest of levels; 2 players getting traded from a team.
The level the resemblance is on is not simply being traded, but asking to be traded.

The only two differences between the two is that one was working with a deadline and hadn't yet paid his dues. The other had an open ended trade negotiation and had played for his team for 10 years.

Oh, and if you want to play that game with Nash... he asked for a no movement clause and then proceeded to ask for a trade, but limited the teams he would be traded to. That's not handcuffing the franchise?

I don't have a problem with what either player did, but to say that one was justified and the other one wasn't is ridiculous.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

It's almost baffling that you people can find any resemblance aside from the shallowest of levels; 2 players getting traded from a team.
Nash had a NMC in his contract and he should've respected that clause. He signed a deal to be Columbus's franchise player and bailed out on them.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Nash had a NMC in his contract and he should've respected that clause. He signed a deal to be Columbus's franchise player and bailed out on them.
Err...the NMC comes from the wants of a player. Teams would prefer not to give them out.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:28 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Herp derp social media. The last few pages have been a fun read, bunch of people who have never met Tim Erixon making claims about his maturity based off a FB page that isn't his.
It's not a fan page like most athletes ones are. He has like 250 friends, says he's in a relationship, etc. It's most likely him.

His maturity was already shown when forcing his way out of Calgary yet these actions are so not believable?

Old
07-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Oh, ********. Columbus bailed on him with the lack of any support or success. Sorry, but once they wanted to "rebuild" (I don't know how you rebuild something that was never built), Nash had every right to leave and go to a contender. Columbus signed that SAME NMC with him. They knew he'd have the option to pick where he wanted to go. They failed him and he had every right to leave and choose where he wanted to go.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Err...the NMC comes from the wants of a player. Teams would prefer not to give them out.
Still. He pouted like a baby when the team was down. Howson is an idiot for revealing his trade request, but it was funny looking at Nash with his 'deer in the headlights' look trying to report to the Columbus media that 'he'd bring a good return for a rebuild for this team'.

Closed Thread