HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-25-2012, 11:21 AM
  #676
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,485
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I am 100% certain that this is his FB page. Look at the former teammates he has from Sweden, Rundblad, Larsson and Swedish prospects Oscar Lindberg and Anton Lander. The one that was complaining doesn't have these friends, it's a hoax account.
Fact-checking is skill on the verge of extinction.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:30 AM
  #677
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,399
vCash: 500
Where can I watch this press conference?

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:43 AM
  #678
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,415
vCash: 500

nevesis is online now  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
  #679
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,043
vCash: 500
Herp derp social media. The last few pages have been a fun read, bunch of people who have never met Tim Erixon making claims about his maturity based off a FB page that isn't his.

Affinity is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
  #680
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post

Nice

I Am Chariot is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:48 AM
  #681
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Yeah Rick is officially in the blue!

Hanke is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:49 AM
  #682
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
What website is the conference on? I can't find it on here.

Hanke is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:53 AM
  #683
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,422
vCash: 500
If it's anywhere it'll probably be posted on the official Rangers site or on blueshirtsunited.com

Levitate is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:55 AM
  #684
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
I have empathy for Erixon , how would you like to be told you’re going to be a CBJ fan and have to watch them all year. Well you still get to be a hockey fan….. As for Voros, it was always said, if nothing else he was a good teammate and good guy to have in the locker room. Aaron had Ranger posters on his wall as a kid, loved being a Ranger and took it well when he was picked up on waivers or traded (whatever it was)……. Cut the kid some slack…..

ak10r is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
  #685
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers
 
Hanke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
If it's anywhere it'll probably be posted on the official Rangers site or on blueshirtsunited.com
At 1PM? or some time throughout the day?

Hanke is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 11:57 AM
  #686
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 500
There's nothing different from Nash (a captain no less) asking for a trade while under contract so he could play for a winner than Erixon forcing the Flames to trade him to NY. While Nash has paid his dues and Erixon hasn't, you can't blame a kid wanting no part of loser organization with no future, which is exactly what Calgary is.

Don't be hypocrites. You were all ecstatic that he was traded her regardless of the circumstances, and now that he's no longer NYR property, the moral judges come out in full force.

GWOW is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
  #687
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
I have empathy for Erixon , how would you like to be told you’re going to be a CBJ fan and have to watch them all year. Well you still get to be a hockey fan….. As for Voros, it was always said, if nothing else he was a good teammate and good guy to have in the locker room. Aaron had Ranger posters on his wall as a kid, loved being a Ranger and took it well when he was picked up on waivers or traded (whatever it was)……. Cut the kid some slack…..
Everyone would have empathy for Erixon if he didn't screw over Calgary...

And fake or not, posting those statuses would be totally fine to a private account, it was just weird to see him whining and then answering peoples questions on a public page. I would never assume things about his character based on it...

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM
  #688
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
There's nothing different from Nash (a captain no less) asking for a trade while under contract so he could play for a winner than Erixon forcing the Flames to trade him to NY. While Nash has paid his dues and Erixon hasn't, you can't blame a kid wanting no part of loser organization with no future, which is exactly what Calgary is.

Don't be hypocrites. You were all ecstatic that he was traded her regardless of the circumstances, and now that he's no longer NYR property, the moral judges come out in full force.
I posted during the Justin Schultz dilemma that people who are making fun of the kid better have done the same for Erixon. My stance has never once changed, what he did to Calgary is ridiculous and the same goes for Schultz. Erixon is going to be a great NHL defenseman either way, he's very very good.

It's actually hilarious that you would compare it to Nash being traded, because it's so different and about 10x more of a slap in the face.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:03 PM
  #689
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,612
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
He looks good in blue.

White shorts and thong sandals..........eh, not so much.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:05 PM
  #690
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 500
Erixon is getting guidance from his father. Torts didn't say anything great about him to Kay the day of the trade, which can be interpreted several ways.

Makes you wonder - Erixon and Rundblad have been on three teams apiece. What I saw of both in the AHL backs up their scouting reports.

What I saw in Erixon reminded me a little of Zubov when was in Binghamton.

I think Erixon will be a very good top-4 NHL defenseman

GWOW is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:08 PM
  #691
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
There's nothing different from Nash (a captain no less) asking for a trade while under contract so he could play for a winner than Erixon forcing the Flames to trade him to NY. While Nash has paid his dues and Erixon hasn't, you can't blame a kid wanting no part of loser organization with no future, which is exactly what Calgary is.

Don't be hypocrites. You were all ecstatic that he was traded her regardless of the circumstances, and now that he's no longer NYR property, the moral judges come out in full force.
I completely agree with you.

The people who are questioning Erixon's character should also be questioning Nash's. He gave up on his team.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:11 PM
  #692
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,422
vCash: 500
To some degree I don't blame Nash...he was there for 9 years, he gave the team his all and management couldn't build a team around him that could consistently compete. After 8 years of failure and 1 playoff appearance, then he hears that the team is going to rebuild again? At what point do you say enough is enough and you want a chance to win?

I'm not saying it's always a good thing when players want out but sometimes it is necessary to do what's best for you

Levitate is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:13 PM
  #693
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup
 
GWOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 13,849
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
I posted during the Justin Schultz dilemma that people who are making fun of the kid better have done the same for Erixon. My stance has never once changed, what he did to Calgary is ridiculous and the same goes for Schultz. Erixon is going to be a great NHL defenseman either way, he's very very good.

It's actually hilarious that you would compare it to Nash being traded, because it's so different and about 10x more of a slap in the face.
Erixon wanted no part of the Flames. Nash no longer wanted any part of Columbus. Both organizations were compensated. Both organizations are poorly run.

GWOW is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:16 PM
  #694
ColonialsHockey10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 9,412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
I completely agree with you.

The people who are questioning Erixon's character should also be questioning Nash's. He gave up on his team.
Nash played 10 years on a horribly run team in a horrible city and never once complained. He did a ton of community work and was always considered a great teammate. 10 years and he was never given proper support or a winning team. Every prospect Columbus has drafted has failed to live up to expectations and they have failed in nearly aspect. Nash asked for a trade and still played for his team, keeping his mouth shut.

Tim Erixon notified his team just weeks before the draft that he would not be signing. He made a ridiculous excuse (defensive depth) and handcuffed his team much worse then Nash ever did. Calgary was forced to trade him immediately or they would only recieve a 2nd round pick.

It's almost baffling that you people can find any resemblance aside from the shallowest of levels; 2 players getting traded from a team.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:21 PM
  #695
Tawnos
Moderator
BoH Mod Only
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,152
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Nash played 10 years on a horribly run team in a horrible city and never once complained. He did a ton of community work and was always considered a great teammate. 10 years and he was never given proper support or a winning team. Every prospect Columbus has drafted has failed to live up to expectations and they have failed in nearly aspect. Nash asked for a trade and still played for his team, keeping his mouth shut.

Tim Erixon notified his team just weeks before the draft that he would not be signing. He made a ridiculous excuse (defensive depth) and handcuffed his team much worse then Nash ever did. Calgary was forced to trade him immediately or they would only recieve a 2nd round pick.

I'm almost baffling that you people can find any resemblance aside from the shallowest of levels; 2 players getting traded from a team.
The level the resemblance is on is not simply being traded, but asking to be traded.

The only two differences between the two is that one was working with a deadline and hadn't yet paid his dues. The other had an open ended trade negotiation and had played for his team for 10 years.

Oh, and if you want to play that game with Nash... he asked for a no movement clause and then proceeded to ask for a trade, but limited the teams he would be traded to. That's not handcuffing the franchise?

I don't have a problem with what either player did, but to say that one was justified and the other one wasn't is ridiculous.

Tawnos is online now  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
  #696
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Nash played 10 years on a horribly run team in a horrible city and never once complained. He did a ton of community work and was always considered a great teammate. 10 years and he was never given proper support or a winning team. Every prospect Columbus has drafted has failed to live up to expectations and they have failed in nearly aspect. Nash asked for a trade and still played for his team, keeping his mouth shut.

Tim Erixon notified his team just weeks before the draft that he would not be signing. He made a ridiculous excuse (defensive depth) and handcuffed his team much worse then Nash ever did. Calgary was forced to trade him immediately or they would only recieve a 2nd round pick.

It's almost baffling that you people can find any resemblance aside from the shallowest of levels; 2 players getting traded from a team.
Nash had a NMC in his contract and he should've respected that clause. He signed a deal to be Columbus's franchise player and bailed out on them.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:26 PM
  #697
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Nash had a NMC in his contract and he should've respected that clause. He signed a deal to be Columbus's franchise player and bailed out on them.
Err...the NMC comes from the wants of a player. Teams would prefer not to give them out.

Ih8theislanders is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:28 PM
  #698
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
Herp derp social media. The last few pages have been a fun read, bunch of people who have never met Tim Erixon making claims about his maturity based off a FB page that isn't his.
It's not a fan page like most athletes ones are. He has like 250 friends, says he's in a relationship, etc. It's most likely him.

His maturity was already shown when forcing his way out of Calgary yet these actions are so not believable?

IBleedNYRBlue is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:29 PM
  #699
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,411
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Nash had a NMC in his contract and he should've respected that clause. He signed a deal to be Columbus's franchise player and bailed out on them.
Oh, ********. Columbus bailed on him with the lack of any support or success. Sorry, but once they wanted to "rebuild" (I don't know how you rebuild something that was never built), Nash had every right to leave and go to a contender. Columbus signed that SAME NMC with him. They knew he'd have the option to pick where he wanted to go. They failed him and he had every right to leave and choose where he wanted to go.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
07-25-2012, 12:34 PM
  #700
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Err...the NMC comes from the wants of a player. Teams would prefer not to give them out.
Still. He pouted like a baby when the team was down. Howson is an idiot for revealing his trade request, but it was funny looking at Nash with his 'deer in the headlights' look trying to report to the Columbus media that 'he'd bring a good return for a rebuild for this team'.

Kershaw is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.