HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash+S. Delisle+cond. 3rd to NYR for Dubinsky+Anisimov+Erixon+2013 1st (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2012, 12:34 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
The level the resemblance is on is not simply being traded, but asking to be traded.

The only two differences between the two is that one was working with a deadline and hadn't yet paid his dues. The other had an open ended trade negotiation and had played for his team for 10 years.

Oh, and if you want to play that game with Nash... he asked for a no movement clause and then proceeded to ask for a trade, but limited the teams he would be traded to. That's not handcuffing the franchise?

I don't have a problem with what either player did, but to say that one was justified and the other one wasn't is ridiculous.
I meant to say requested a trade, my bad.

And while what Nash does isn't 100% right, you won't convince me that it was nearly as bad as Erixon's scenario. They are not comparable in my opinion.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Still. He pouted like a baby when the team was down. Howson is an idiot for revealing his trade request, but it was funny looking at Nash with his 'deer in the headlights' look trying to report to the Columbus media that 'he'd bring a good return for a rebuild for this team'.
Can you show me this pouting? Nothing wrong or immature with asking to be traded from a team you devoted 10 years to and received zero support from.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Chief

Quote:
Nash had a NMC in his contract and he should've respected that clause. He signed a deal to be Columbus's franchise player and bailed out on them.
A "no movement clause" means the team has agreed that a player controls where he can be moved.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:40 PM
egelband

Quote:
I completely agree with you.

The people who are questioning Erixon's character should also be questioning Nash's. He gave up on his team.
really? nash gave columbus nine years. erixon gave calgary none, or a few months. nash has nothing to be ashamed of. erixon, like schultz, took advantage of a loophole. no big deal on any end, it's big business. but to equate nash with erixon or schultz is...random.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:41 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

vCash: 983
It's quite obvious that Sather made the move for Erixon last off-season with the intention of moving Del Zotto after his sophomore slump. MDZ's rebound year, along with McDonagh's emergence made Erixon more than expendable.

Sorry kid, it's a business. I'm sure you'll be fine making millions of dollars in the near future playing the sport you love for whatever team.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:41 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Still. He pouted like a baby when the team was down. Howson is an idiot for revealing his trade request, but it was funny looking at Nash with his 'deer in the headlights' look trying to report to the Columbus media that 'he'd bring a good return for a rebuild for this team'.
You must be on that real good stuff.

Facts:

-CBJ GAVE Nash a NMC. If they didn't want to be handcuffed in a trade then guess what.. don't give the guy a NMC. He used his NMC completely within his rights and within the way in which a NMC is intended to be used... you know.. having the team get approval of a trade. No brainer here

-CBJ is, was, and likely will be garbage. Nash did not "pout like a baby." He politely asked CBJ to trade him after they failed to put a winning team together in how many years

Any player that has given their all to a garbage team for almost a decade has every right to request a trade. And if they have a NMC and a short list of teams, tough. He earned that contract by being a stud in the league. CBJ is to blame not Nash. Should we only trade for guys that have no desire of winning? This move IMO soldifies that Nash wants to be a winner. Who wants a guy that's happy sucking wind in Columbus for the rest of their foreseeable future? Some of you guys are unbelieveable

Old
07-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Holocene

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
It's not a fan page like most athletes ones are. He has like 250 friends, says he's in a relationship, etc. It's most likely him.

His maturity was already shown when forcing his way out of Calgary yet these actions are so not believable?
Lol it's not him. Kershaw posted his actual FB which is private and he is friends with a lot of his Swedish teammates. It's really not that hard to find a few pictures of someone through google and then create a facebook account.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:43 PM
SurMartin

Was told to post this here as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurMartin
THIS is Tim Erixons facebook: http://www.facebook.com/tim.erixon
You should stop caring about the **** that some ******** Flames-fans are writing.

Edit: I sounded quite harsh there didn't I? What I mean is that Erixon never showed any "bad character problems" (or whatever they're calling it) in Sweden, yet NA-people keep on basing their opinion on him from what they've been told by Flames fans who practically don't know anything about the kid.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
he had every right to leave and choose where he wanted to go.
Same with Erixon I guess. He found a loophole in CBA and took advantage of it.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Can you show me this pouting? Nothing wrong or immature with asking to be traded from a team you devoted 10 years to and received zero support from.
He asked for a trade that got publicized. That's classless from the team's franchise player.

What if he pulls this same stunt with the Rangers?

Old
07-25-2012, 12:47 PM
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers

The past few pages have been amazing. You guys really think a pro athlete of the NYR would have a public FB profile?

Old
07-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief View Post
A "no movement clause" means the team has agreed that a player controls where he can be moved.
Yes, but look at the length and money CBJ was investing in him. They wanted him to be a Jacket in his prime, but he bailed out on them by wanting out.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
He asked for a trade that got publicized. That's classless from the team's franchise player.

What if he pulls this same stunt with the Rangers?
Ah yes. Asking for a trade from a decade-long AHL team is classless. Shame on him for wanting to be a winner. Totally gutless.

What if pigs could fly? What if I was the queen of England? The NYR are a team on the cusp of a championship and Nash ASKED to be a member of this team. He had a clear desire to be a part of NYR for whatever the reason(s). What logic suggests that he will now request a trade?

Quote:
Yes, but look at the length and money CBJ was investing in him. They wanted him to be a Jacket in his prime, but he bailed out on them by wanting out.
Maybe they should't have sucked so hard then..? Maybe they shouldn't have failed to put together a semi-talented roster so that they could have a chance at doing more than squeaking into the first round?

Only on HF is a player requesting a trade from an annually terrible team classless.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:53 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
If he stays he's a loser, if he bails he's a quitter.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
really? nash gave columbus nine years. erixon gave calgary none, or a few months. nash has nothing to be ashamed of. erixon, like schultz, took advantage of a loophole. no big deal on any end, it's big business. but to equate nash with erixon or schultz is...random.
I'm basically arguing against people who think Erixon has bad character, yet they approve Rick Nash on this team, a captain who asked for a trade mid way through the season while having 6 more yrs on his contract.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:57 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

So, wait, Nash was in the wrong for asking for a trade? After a decade in Columbus and a total of one playoff appearance with 0 playoff victories, I think he put in his time with that organization. During his time there, they have had 10 total first round picks, 9 of them have been top 10, 4 have been top 5. It's quite obvious that poor management is the issue here.

Nash could have easily just gone UFA after 2010 and left the organization without any sort of compensation, much like Parise just did. Instead Howson probably told him that he is going to go after some big names to put along side Nash and make them a contender, which is why he signed an 8 year extension the summer before he turned UFA. Instead, he's got the same cast of second rate guys: Huselius, Vermette, Umberger, etc.

Then Howson makes the big move for Jeff Carter. Finally a legit first liner!!! Of course Carter wants out and is traded the same season, lol. This was probably the straw that broke the camel's back for Nash.

Old
07-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

New York Rangers ‏@thenyrangers
Rick Nash says he spoke a lot with ex #NYR Vinny Prospal: "he loved it here and he loves Torts..said it was one of best parts of his career"

Old
07-25-2012, 01:00 PM
MugatuNYR
so hot right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
New York Rangers ‏@thenyrangers
Rick Nash says he spoke a lot with ex #NYR Vinny Prospal: "he loved it here and he loves Torts..said it was one of best parts of his career"
Man I'd love to have Vinny back.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Muh
Beadle

Just got home from work. Was Nash introduced today? Did I miss it?

Old
07-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCally View Post
Man I'd love to have Vinny back.
I'm with you on this..

Nash-Richards-Callahan
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Hagelin-Prospal-Pyatt

Is a pretty good top 9.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Vinny may have been a double agent for us. When he retires we should give him a job in the front office.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Jim Cerny @JimCerny

Nash says Lundqvist, Callahan, Staal are among #NYR who have reached out 2 him already & that he has been friends w/Richards for a while

Old
07-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
You must be on that real good stuff.
Not at this moment.

Quote:
Facts:

-CBJ GAVE Nash a NMC. If they didn't want to be handcuffed in a trade then guess what.. don't give the guy a NMC. He used his NMC completely within his rights and within the way in which a NMC is intended to be used... you know.. having the team get approval of a trade. No brainer here
Nash probably wanted the NMC so he can dictate where he wanted to be traded. This handcuffed the BJ's in trade value when he asked for a trade that got publicized.

Quote:
-CBJ is, was, and likely will be garbage. Nash did not "pout like a baby." He politely asked CBJ to trade him after they failed to put a winning team together in how many years
I don't get that feel from Nash in his interview, however I am purely speculating. I would rather have a guy who's heartbroken over being traded rather than a guy who's ecstatic to be here. Sounds weird, but it would show me the kind of team player Rick Nash was. How much he valued his time in Columbus, etc. Mike Richards was devastated when he got traded to LAK. That's the type of attitude I hoped for, since Nash also put in blood, sweat and tear for CBJ franchise.

Quote:
Any player that has given their all to a garbage team for almost a decade has every right to request a trade. And if they have a NMC and a short list of teams, tough. He earned that contract by being a stud in the league. CBJ is to blame not Nash. Should we only trade for guys that have no desire of winning? This move IMO soldifies that Nash wants to be a winner. Who wants a guy that's happy sucking wind in Columbus for the rest of their foreseeable future? Some of you guys are unbelieveable
He shouldn't have signed with Columbus then. He was UFA.

Old
07-25-2012, 01:11 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjgirl View Post

This is one of our favorite nights.

The song ends up being a bit ironic considering the circumstances.
lol rickrolled

Old
07-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Nash did NOT publicize that he wanted out. First it was rumored that Nash was available for the right price. Everyone just assumed that Howson wanted to rebuild. Then HOWSON goes on TV and tells the world that Rick Nash asked for a trade a month or 2 ago or whatever it was at that point.

Howson was a frikkin idiot for doing that. Nash never said anything publically till the organization threw him under the bus like that on TV. and afterwards he did some lame ass job of explaining it as "helping the team rebuild by getting them assets" basically...he's been rebuilding his entire career...hes got maybe 6 or 7 great years left in him. A rebuild, with this organization, will likely take that entire time span. By that team telling him point blame that he has zero chance of ever winning anything with this organization, he had no choice but to ask for a trade.

What would any of us do in the same situation? Suck it up, knowing that as a professional athlete your goal is to win the cup, and know that you will not have a chance of that happening in your lifetime?

I dont blame him 1 bit. Frankly, I dont blame anyone one bit for doing things within the rules. Why is it a big deal that Erixon forced himself to NY? That's where he wanted to be. Either that, or get nothing for him. Calgary ended up getting more for him than they would have if he just walked like Schultz did. The CBA needs to close these loopholes, that's really what it comes down to. Particularly the college kids.

Closed Thread